NCT near Petosky?

For discussing Northern Michigan Mountain Biking Association events, updates, and more. This includes the Upper Peninsula as well!

Re: NCT near Petosky?

Postby dcat1 » June 15th, 2014, 8:24 pm

Steve-pm'd you my cell#...can't ride Mon or Tues, but plan to hit the trail either wed or Thurs..or both...morning-let me know if anyone is up for that-
dcat1

Postby SteveF » June 17th, 2014, 6:53 am

Sorry we couldn't make our ride schedules mesh. I got out late yesterday morning and rode out to stuntsman road and back-about 7 miles each way. pretty fun trail, old school fall-line stuff. Reminds me of the Poto a decade or two ago. Seemed like the first 2-3 miles were all climbing which was pretty tough but sure made the return to the truck fun!

It went well, except I forgot my camelback bladder. I had water and bottles off my road bike so I just stuffed those in my pack-worked fine. AND, the BOA fastener on my right shoe broke pretty early on the ride so I did most of it with a loose shoe. I like the fit of Specialized shoes but their hardware is a bit flimsy...

Good stuff.
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
SteveF

Postby MMMHills » June 17th, 2014, 9:58 am

dcat1 we have a nice group that rides a different trail every Thursday evening. Riders anywhere from podium level elite to just there for the post ride beer and conversation. everyone finds there place and we do an out and back. the faster the group the farther they go but everyone rides with someone. Not sure were the ride is Thursday but will post as soon as I find out.
Do you want to know about the most amazing Gravel Grinder with a $12,300 cash purse
Then click below
http://www.MichiganMountainMayhem.com
MMMHills

Postby MMMHills » June 17th, 2014, 10:19 am

Thursday we are doing Glacial Hills. This is always one of our biggest turn outs as it is a great trail system and it is near Shorts brewery which is where we go when we are done. It is about an Hour from Petoskey but worth he drive.

Let me know if you are interested and I will get the time and what lot we are meeting at.
Do you want to know about the most amazing Gravel Grinder with a $12,300 cash purse
Then click below
http://www.MichiganMountainMayhem.com
MMMHills

Postby dcat1 » June 17th, 2014, 11:50 am

Thanks alotfor the offer Paul, that sounds great, but don't think that's going to work for me....ditching the wife and kids on last night of vacation would violate about 10 different self preservation rules...haha..especially when I have the NCT right in my back yard...if anyone is game, I'm planning to hit the Kipp rd trailhead Thursday morning....if it freaking stops raining....grrr....
dcat1

Previous

Return to NMMBA