Super Yooper Dirt Tour

For discussing Northern Michigan Mountain Biking Association events, updates, and more. This includes the Upper Peninsula as well!

Re: Super Yooper Dirt Tour

Postby mr_opjones » September 3rd, 2013, 5:24 am

Awesome adventure and great write-up.
GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE!!

Replace Why with How
mr_opjones

Postby TheyCallMeBruce » September 5th, 2013, 9:47 pm

Chad,
Great write up and sounds like an awesome ride. I'm planning on exploring the trails between here and Lanse next summer, also thinking a fatbike might be the right tool for the job. Wish I had known, you could have camped and showered at my place but sounds like it worked out all right.
TheyCallMeBruce

Postby cjsbike » September 10th, 2013, 8:11 pm

bergsteiger wrote:I always wanted to get to Mt Arvon, by bike sounds like a great way to do that. Thanks for the info there, now I have ideas floating through my head.

It was an intent of mine to have ideas floating in peoples heads! Go ride big miles and enjoy!

-Chad
I ride QUIRING CYCLES!
cjsbike

Postby cjsbike » September 10th, 2013, 8:16 pm

Askel wrote:
Found the story of your Huron crossing pretty entertaining. I think I know exactly what route you took, it's much better by fatbike when it's mostly frozen.

There are far better routes to take through the area.

For those planning their own cross-UP dirt trips, a motorcycle buddy of mine publishes some excellent GPS tracks for the area. http://dco43054.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=2 Very well done with lots of other extra info that would be helpful to those on tour.

The story is a bit entertaining, but the swamp section was not!

I am looking forward to tackling the same route next year on my fatbike along with other fatbikers. You are invited to join us next year. Shooting for the first part of July.

I would say there are some better routes, but I was intent on the Triple A route because I wanted to see the nickel mine. No dice there but I got to exprience a Yooper trail swamp with deer flies and all!

-Chad
I ride QUIRING CYCLES!
cjsbike

Next

Return to NMMBA