HCP work days

For discussing Northern Michigan Mountain Biking Association events, updates, and more. This includes the Upper Peninsula as well!

HCP work days

Postby Nelg » March 15th, 2013, 5:45 pm

Hey everyone, right now we are targeting April 27 and May 11 for the HCP work days this spring. It sounds like the damage is pretty bad this year, that whole region got 12" to 18" of heavy wet snow so we'll have our work cut out for us.

April 27 we'll be staying at the Staff House at the Pigeon River Headquaters, May 11 will be at Clear Lake camping Friday night before and Saturday afterwards to accommodate those that travel. NMMBA will provide your dinner and camping, just bring your bike, any tools you whink will be handy and enough supplies to stay hydrated and energized on the trail for a 6 to 10 hour day.

I'll post up more details as they develop.

Can't wait to hit the HCP, we have lots of great stuff in store for it this season!
NMMBA Past President
http://facebook.com/nmmba
Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the stance nor representative of the MMBA or NMMBA.
Nelg

Re: HCP work days

Postby Mike_D » March 20th, 2013, 9:45 pm

Nelg wrote:
mntn-biker wrote:
Nelg wrote:
mntn-biker wrote:I will also try to be available at least 1 of those days. Will have to move my son back home from college around that time but not sure when that is. That may dictate my availability. Maybe I can talk him into coming along to help out "for fun" :roll:

Hope he can ride and remove branches and debris for a few hours. We can use him if he can keep up. :)

That's right. I forgot that you ride and clear trail. He's not hip on riding so I bet he will say no. I wouldn't take him on the HCP especially since he doesn't like to ride as slow a pace and as rough as that trail is. Maybe he would be game for doing some hiking and clearing instead??? Just thinking of a way to do some father/son bonding when he gets back from college. We could always part at a certain intersection and hike in and then hike back out. Could maybe even get drop a car and then get dropped off at a certain intersection and do that section in between on foot. Wouldn't be the most efficient or fastest way of clearing but better than nothing at all. I just know he would be into the camping aspect of it.

I will ask regardless.

I've got a section in mind for you guys, no bike, no problem. :)

My son is out. He gets out of school the 3rd I think and he says he just wants to chill for a bit when he gets home. That along with not wanting to ride for 3-4 hours to get up to camp. Yeah, he's had a stressful semester so he's earned it I suppose.

Now I will have to see how my work schedule pans out to see which of the 2 weekends I can make it up. I won't be able to do both with as much work that has been on my plate as of late.
Mike_D

Postby Nechan » March 23rd, 2013, 6:31 pm

I hope to make both days. Looking forward to doing some trail maintenance.

Nechan
Nechan

Postby Mike_D » April 17th, 2013, 11:08 pm

Below is a link to a snow depth analysis map. Weather forecast at this point says highs in the mid 40's to around 50 for highs and low's in the low to mid 30's. Guess we just watch the snow depth map and keep our fingers crossed the white crap melts :evil:

http://www.weatherstreet.com/city_snow_depth/49709-Atlanta-MI-snow-depth.htm
Mike_D

Postby Nechan » April 19th, 2013, 4:37 pm

I'll be heading over.
Nechan

Postby Mike_D » April 25th, 2013, 11:29 am

I will be driving up late afternoon on Friday and have room in the Viberator if anyone from the West Michigan area wants to carpool and share the fuel cost (~$30 for gas each way).

Glen - Will the cabin be open when I get up there? Not sure if anyone else is using it also? Doug is not coming up so for all I know, it is just me in the mini-cabin.
Mike_D

Postby Nelg » April 25th, 2013, 11:43 am

mntn-biker wrote:I will be driving up late afternoon on Friday and have room in the Viberator if anyone from the West Michigan area wants to carpool and share the fuel cost (~$30 for gas each way).

Glen - Will the cabin be open when I get up there? Not sure if anyone else is using it also? Doug is not coming up so for all I know, it is just me in the mini-cabin.

Heh, you and at least two others. :)

The code for the cabin is the last four digits in my phone number, its ready and waiting. :)
NMMBA Past President
Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the stance nor representative of the MMBA or NMMBA.
Nelg

Postby Nelg » April 25th, 2013, 6:07 pm

mntn-biker wrote:Will the bath houses be open/water be on or will I need to pack an alternate means of cleanup? Just thinking of post work cleanup so I don't stink up the cabin Sat. night. Hopefully others are thinking the same thing :roll:

I'm thinking the electric will be on in this cabin? Thinking of throwing in a mini Mr. Coffeemaker for the morning java kick start....

The showers should be open, bring what ever it takes to make yourself at home. And I'll bring my coffee mug. :)
NMMBA Past President
Nelg

Postby G.Cook » May 7th, 2013, 6:20 pm

I'm a walk'en but I will bring the ride.
G.Cook

Next

Return to NMMBA