MCMBA: Lakeshore Park (Novi)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Novi

Postby berto2cj » August 27th, 2014, 11:46 am

FlintMITropics wrote:That's horrible to hear the story about the girl. Really glad to hear she's alright. I don't know about any of you, but I carry a few things with me when I ride in case of emergencies. Besides a tube and tire irons, I carry a few things you might find useful, listed below.

-I carry a small whistle that I can blow on in case I get hurt and can't move. The whistle will travel much further through the woods and use less energy than yelling for help.

-I have a paracord bracelet on my frame and a multi tool also, in case I might need to splint something or make a sling for someone, or myself.

-I put my drivers license and insurance card in my saddle bag as well. In case I get knocked out and someone finds me, they'll be able to tell who I am.

-Last, I don't keep a password on my phone so if someone finds me they'll be able to access my emergency contacts and the GPS on my maps app or Strava.

I'd love to hear whatever you all keep on you in case of emergencies as well.

You gave me some good ideas that I will take on myself. I use a road ID when not racing that has my wifes name & number on it to avoid the phone/password issue. It also has my insurance number on it just in case paramedics think wallet first.

The more cautious out there may want to look at icedots - especially if you ride alone. https://icedot.org/site/

it works with your phone - if you crash a 5 min countdown will start on the app. If you don't respond to the app it will automatically call your emergency contact.
KLM / Cold Stone

2012 Trek XCal 29er
2012 Trek Madone 3.1
2014 Redline Conquest CX
2016 Fatboy
2009 Felt TK3
2012 Unbranded Drop Bar SS

Mileage:
-2011: 702.8
-2012: 3,868.31
-2013: 6,025.06
-2014: 6781.01
-2015: 5,668.8
-2016: 4,044 (9/7/16)
berto2cj

Postby jreyst » August 28th, 2014, 11:40 am

Rode the tree farm this morning- one decent-sized tree down plus still lots of mud. No personal records for me but did get a 3rd best on the technical loop so not a complete loss I guess.
--
John Reyst
Primary: 2007 Giant Trance (1x10)
Backup: 2013 Fezzari Wiki Peak
First Bike: 2004 Gary Fisher Cake
jreyst

Postby Loren » August 29th, 2014, 8:41 am

The two trees described have been cleared.
Loren

Postby GHamilton » August 31st, 2014, 7:52 am

I'm at 10 and Meadowbrook and there was no evidence this morning that it rained during the night.

Gordon
GHamilton

Postby ColorVoyeur » August 31st, 2014, 8:13 am

I'm between Gordon and the Farm and the most we got was a light drizzle at best. Nothing that would impact trail conditions or even get past the canopy.
No Dig, No Ride
ColorVoyeur

Postby trekmtbchick » September 22nd, 2014, 8:56 am

mrbikester wrote:Yet another perfect day to ride Novi trail. Sure glad to have gotten a ride in before the late afternoon rains. Trail was so perfect. We met Robin the Mountain Bike Patrol girl out there and she sure was nice.

It was great to meet you and your wife! Thank you for welcoming me to Tree Farm. Everyone I met on the trail was friendly and having a good time; even the joggers made a joke, "we hope we don't need you!"
Cheers!
Robin
trekmtbchick

Postby mrbikester » September 27th, 2014, 7:17 pm

Trail was perfect today also. Impressive new log pile where the next to where the "steps" are. We met Bernie Smith and took a photo of him riding over the new log pile.
Surprised there weren't more people out there today with this perfect weather and it being a Saturday.
mrbikester

Postby mtnbike247 » November 26th, 2014, 3:39 pm

I am curious myself... supposed to meet some buddies there tonight, but we are wondering if its worth it? Anyone know?
Team Hot Dog
"...a whole new way!"
mtnbike247

Postby GHamilton » November 26th, 2014, 3:59 pm

Just got back from a ride. No real mud to speak of, just some soft spots. The two track seems to be the worst. Still a good layer of leaves on the single track throughout most of the trail. As long as the temps stay below freezing I think all will be well.Go ride it. With the forecasted snow and higher temperatures predicted, the trail could turn into a rutted mess if people ride it while it's soft. I'm hoping to get out again tomorrow morning while it's cold.

Gordon

p.s. While I'm here, does anyone know why some of the trees in the swamp area (after the crater, on the way to the bridge) have metal tags nailed on them? About eye level. Noticed one yesterday and saw a bunch more around there.
GHamilton

Postby Rojallad » December 6th, 2014, 2:08 pm

Trail was in ok shape today. Several great spots early on and around 9-9.25 other than that you just have theeaves to worry about. I rode on my Wo so I may have been immune to some of the stuff. still a good ride today.
Rojallad

Postby Loren » January 28th, 2015, 8:35 am

Nope, not a park vehicle.
Loren

Postby oldkhs » March 18th, 2015, 1:34 pm

Very nice, thanks.
oldkhs

Postby Dirtdevil » June 22nd, 2015, 2:36 pm

Got a lap in before the storm. Trail was in excellent shape. No puddles or mud. Not so sure of its shape if Novi got hit with the rain. I was outta there before any rain hit.

There is a large tree across the trail approx. 1/4 mile from the end, just before the low smooth log pile. Watch out cause it's around a corner at the bottom of a fast downhill section.
Dirtdevil

Postby GHamilton » July 13th, 2015, 5:22 pm

Went to do a ride/trim. Rode the two track that is used in the relay and cleared some slappers out. There is a widow maker just past the pump track that scares me every time I go under it. Don't know if it's necessary to remove it, but it sure gets your attention. Saw some stuff that will need a saw and there is a lot that could do with some hedge clippers. If it doesn't rain tonight or tomorrow morning, I'll be out with the trim saw in the morning. Trail was in real good riding shape. Looking forward to the relay.
Gordon
GHamilton

Postby jreyst » February 22nd, 2016, 11:02 am

33 degrees after several days with no snow or precipitation at all after a few warm days. Has the mud dried up/firmed up enough for a skinny this afternoon?
--
John Reyst
Primary: 2007 Giant Trance (1x10)
Backup: 2013 Fezzari Wiki Peak
First Bike: 2004 Gary Fisher Cake
jreyst

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions