CRAMBA: Pontiac Lake

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Pontiac Lake

Postby spartanOCR » February 10th, 2014, 6:45 am

I went out yesterday, and put down cross country ski tracks up to marker #7 before I had to start heading back to the parking lot for lack of daylight. The snow was very deep in areas the snowmobilers didn't get to. I made it up and down every hill without issue. If I hadn't sold my fatty back in 2012, I would be taking it out there today.
spartanOCR

Postby parasurfore » April 13th, 2014, 9:15 am

Not crazy winds like you guys got in Lake Orion. I don't think there will be that many down trees if any. I'll be there at 12 to ride a lap
parasurfore

Postby gman122889 » April 16th, 2014, 10:25 pm

jumbo wrote:Pontiac Lake was in nice shape late yesterday afternoon. There was a little snow cover in spots but the trail was firm, not sloppy. Based on tire tracks through the snow it looked like only me and one other person rode the trail all day Tuesday. It should be perfect today.

Took your advice and tried it out today. Trail tread is in great shape nice and tacky but there's just a bit of water in a few places from Tuesday's snow melt that makes it look a little worse then it actually is. I say go ride. Didn't leave any ruts and the trail is pretty clear except small debris you can ride over!
gman122889

Postby thunderzy » April 26th, 2014, 6:18 am

Anyone ride this trail last night? I'm considering riding my fatty on it today.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
thunderzy

Postby Sortaslow » April 26th, 2014, 8:17 am

Should be just fine. Go for it.
Sortaslow

Postby KLydesdale » April 29th, 2014, 8:57 am

In the group I ride with, the "local" names we use for sections of PLRA are more like:

The weird muddy spot where Thomas crashed and broke his collarbone.

That loose downhill where Richard went OTB and separated his shoulder.

The section with the big root on which Harold caught his pedal and did his great Superman impression.
KLydesdale

Postby c0nsumer » April 29th, 2014, 8:58 am

KLydesdale wrote:In the group I ride with, the "local" names we use for sections of PLRA are more like:

The weird muddy spot where Thomas crashed and broke his collarbone.

That loose downhill where Richard went OTB and separated his shoulder.

The section with the big root on which Harold caught his pedal and did his great Superman impression.

So, what you're actually saying is that you want all of the roots removed from PLRA? ;)
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby c0nsumer » May 18th, 2014, 3:50 pm

PLRA is in incredibly great shape today. Also, thank you to the person (whose name escapes me) who was out trimming the face slappers. Nice work, it was really obvious where you'd trimmed.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby c0nsumer » June 18th, 2014, 6:29 am

RMXByker wrote:Great work Steve. Looks awesome! Appreciate the hard work you put into all these maps for all our usage.

You're welcome; this was a fun one to do. :)
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

c0nsumer

Postby ihateplaindave » July 16th, 2014, 7:43 am

Thanx. The trail was starting to disappear.
ihateplaindave

Postby KLydesdale » August 7th, 2014, 3:31 pm

Jim O wrote::(
A buddy from our regular PLRA ride crew went down hard out there on Friday evening. He broke his right arm just below the shoulder and slammed his head pretty good. I'm not sure exactly where it happened because I wasn't there at the time but I'm told a loose downhill was involved.

Keith,
Anymore detail on your buddie's condition or where he crashed?

I still haven't talked to him directly but I hear he's doing okay. It was a clean through break of his humerus that didn't require setting, pins, screws or anything. He's just in a sling to hold things in place while mending.

Still don't know the exact spot where it happened. It was somewhere on that last downhill section to the two-track though.
KLydesdale

Postby drewlee13 » August 21st, 2014, 8:15 am

Trail is in good shape today. I also noticed the erosion on some of the uphills and downhills. The trail is still very enjoyable. There is a tree down about .5 miles from the RC air field. It is about chest high and could be removed with a hand saw. Otherwise the trail is firm and fast.
drewlee13

Postby jreyst » August 27th, 2014, 9:07 am

Any word on condition today? The Royal Oak area (where I'm at) got hit with decent rain yesterday but not sure about if the trail is rideable today or not.
--
John Reyst
Primary: 2007 Giant Trance (1x10)
Backup: 2013 Fezzari Wiki Peak
First Bike: 2004 Gary Fisher Cake
jreyst

Postby thunderzy » September 8th, 2014, 11:32 am

Just got off Pontiac lake. There are several trees down. As mentioned before you can duck under them. Keep your head on a swivel. A rider not paying attention can get seriously injured. Only one puddle on the entire trail. Otherwise trail is in great condition
thunderzy

Postby GeoffM » September 23rd, 2014, 10:24 am

There is a tree down after the horse crossing after the 2 mile hill. The horse crossing measured at 4.36 miles, and the tree down was 4.63(I started from Maceday and Cross road).

It's been down at least a week. Someone tried to put small logs in front of it to make it a log jump. It doesn't work. Smacked my front gears on it and had a good loud groan.

It's getting really muddy there. Is there anything that can be done about it? I'm thinking of trying to remedy the mud pit closest to the parking where I start from. Do something similar to what I see at Addison oaks. Dig small trenches on the sides of it, and let the dirt from the trenches raise the path slightly, to prevent water from pooling.
GeoffM

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions