Northern: Other trails

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Northern: Other trails

Postby Sortaslow » May 20th, 2014, 7:36 am

Ogemaw... yup. I go generally once or twice a year. I prefer Rifle River 15-20 mins or so away. I ride both when I'm there though.
Ex girlfriend sweating after one of the hills. There's a few decent ones.
Image
The trail map is way wrong. Just ride around, get lost and have fun. It's all just interconnected loops.

You may see a horse or two riding there. Not enough to mess up the trail.
User avatar
Sortaslow
 
Posts: 1611
Joined: April 22nd, 2009, 5:38 pm
Location: Clinton Township

Re: Northern: Other trails

Postby Zoo1424 » May 20th, 2014, 8:01 am

I rode Ogemaw on Sunday. The southern loop has a few mud holes and the trails are leaf covered but no major trees down. Northern loop is good as well. The leaves are not as bad on that loop. There were quite a few people out - for that area - enjoying the trails. I'll be there again this Saturday.
09 Specialized Epic Expert Carbon
14 Specialized Crave SL
14 Salsa Beargrease
User avatar
Zoo1424
 
Posts: 185
Joined: April 1st, 2011, 6:28 pm
Location: Bay City

Re: Northern: Other trails

Postby j35u5fr34k » May 20th, 2014, 8:03 am

What I meant to say was has anyone been there this season (God help my brain)? I've been to both and they are both about equidistant from me (tawas). We've had so much rain so I'm wondering if rideable yet. I'd imagine we will see some fairly decent use this weekend.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
j35u5fr34k
 
Posts: 96
Joined: July 16th, 2008, 3:43 pm
Location: East Tawas, MI

Re: Northern: Other trails

Postby Sortaslow » May 20th, 2014, 9:27 am

j35u5fr34k wrote:What I meant to say was has anyone been there this season (God help my brain)? I've been to both and they are both about equidistant from me (tawas). We've had so much rain so I'm wondering if rideable yet. I'd imagine we will see some fairly decent use this weekend.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

True. Ogemaw can stay very wet in areas. No clue about it right now.

Since you've ridden it, do you have a better map or something marked up that would be better then the current one?
User avatar
Sortaslow
 
Posts: 1611
Joined: April 22nd, 2009, 5:38 pm
Location: Clinton Township

Re: Northern: Other trails

Postby Zoo1424 » May 20th, 2014, 9:34 am

Ogemaw is pretty well marked with numbered posts and maps at most posts. The maps at the trail markers are more up to date than what comes up on the MMBA trail guide. (That map appears to be a ski trail map)
09 Specialized Epic Expert Carbon
14 Specialized Crave SL
14 Salsa Beargrease
User avatar
Zoo1424
 
Posts: 185
Joined: April 1st, 2011, 6:28 pm
Location: Bay City

Re: Northern: Other trails

Postby Sortaslow » May 20th, 2014, 10:39 am

Zoo1424 wrote:Ogemaw is pretty well marked with numbered posts and maps at most posts. The maps at the trail markers are more up to date than what comes up on the MMBA trail guide. (That map appears to be a ski trail map)

Cool. Perhaps they updated the map. The last time I was there (missed last year's trip) they were worthless.
User avatar
Sortaslow
 
Posts: 1611
Joined: April 22nd, 2009, 5:38 pm
Location: Clinton Township

Re: Northern: Other trails

Postby j35u5fr34k » May 22nd, 2014, 9:22 am

[img]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/22/aqyja6um.jpg[/img]

This is the correct one for Ogemaw and the one posted at the trail head.

I like to start at 1 and head north around the outside. The fastest trail IMHO is at 17 so you could park there as well.
The 14 to 15 loop is worth taking several times.

I've been here about 6 times and always use the northern trails as most of the southern ones were pretty uneventful.

The map on the mmba.org trail guide is totally wack.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
j35u5fr34k
 
Posts: 96
Joined: July 16th, 2008, 3:43 pm
Location: East Tawas, MI

Re: Northern: Other trails

Postby Sortaslow » May 22nd, 2014, 9:56 am

j35u5fr34k wrote:[img]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/22/aqyja6um.jpg[/img]

This is the correct one for Ogemaw and the one posted at the trail head.

I like to start at 1 and head north around the outside. The fastest trail IMHO is at 17 so you could park there as well.
The 14 to 15 loop is worth taking several times.

I've been here about 6 times and always use the northern trails as most of the southern ones were pretty uneventful.

The map on the mmba.org trail guide is totally wack.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk


I've saved your pic and will send to the site admin here so he can update. Anytime you know of a more updated map, just let the admin know.
User avatar
Sortaslow
 
Posts: 1611
Joined: April 22nd, 2009, 5:38 pm
Location: Clinton Township

Re: Northern: Other trails

Postby c0nsumer » May 22nd, 2014, 10:24 am

Sortaslow wrote:
j35u5fr34k wrote:
This is the correct one for Ogemaw and the one posted at the trail head.

I like to start at 1 and head north around the outside. The fastest trail IMHO is at 17 so you could park there as well.
The 14 to 15 loop is worth taking several times.

I've been here about 6 times and always use the northern trails as most of the southern ones were pretty uneventful.

The map on the mmba.org trail guide is totally wack.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk


I've saved your pic and will send to the site admin here so he can update. Anytime you know of a more updated map, just let the admin know.


Thanks Rodney!

For future reference, everyone, email webmaster@mmba.org with any suggested changes to the trailguide. It'll then go into the queue for the next time I do updates.
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
User avatar
c0nsumer
Administrator
 
Posts: 8787
Joined: May 18th, 2008, 11:35 am
Location: Shelby Township, MI

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher and 6 guests