MCMBA: Maybury

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Postby bigzz » September 23rd, 2007, 9:06 pm

bender13 wrote:My buddy found a multi-tool on the trail yesterday. Send me a PM with description if you lost one. I am sure this was lost yesterday since it was right on the trail, so please don't PM me about your tool that your lost 3 months ago. :D

Jeff

I also lost a CO2 nozzle, with a red cap if anyone picked it up. THanks for the post Jeff.
Racing Greyhounds
It is what it is......[*_*].......
bigzz

Postby froggyrider » September 24th, 2007, 9:16 pm

Dirtdevil wrote:The widow-maker is still a hangin' at the end of the new part of the trail. Watch out :shock: as it sneaks up on you and with the early darkness quickly approaching, this could be a very dangerous situtation.

:twisted:

Not sure about that one, but there is a low tree around a fast right turn- very near the end of the trail before it goes up to where the old trail head used to be... and where the current trail head is... How to I explain? It makes sense to me, but the trailhead has moved so many times.
froggyrider

Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. Dorothy Parker

Postby nhjeffs » September 24th, 2007, 9:33 pm

There are two widow makers from the Beck Rd. trail head to the 8 Mile trail head. I don't have a computer on my bike so I couldn't give you an estimate where they are.
Jeff

nhjeffs

Postby Dirtdevil » September 25th, 2007, 7:49 am

froggyrider wrote:
Dirtdevil wrote:The widow-maker is still a hangin' at the end of the new part of the trail. Watch out :shock: as it sneaks up on you and with the early darkness quickly approaching, this could be a very dangerous situtation.

Not sure about that one, but there is a low tree around a fast right turn- very near the end of the trail before it goes up to where the old trail head used to be... and where the current trail head is... How to I explain? It makes sense to me, but the trailhead has moved so many times.

That must be a new one. Yikes!!

Dirtdevil

Postby Brian Y » September 25th, 2007, 3:39 pm

Fun trail. Rode it for the first time last night. Had a great time. You really have to watch yourself on some of those downhills. Super fast and then TURN. That clay gets you moving but dose not help the stopping.
Brian Y

Postby Sherpaboy » September 26th, 2007, 10:23 am

Rode last night and moved the widow maker towards the end of the newest section. it took 3 if us to knock it down and drag it off the trail.

I did see a few other low hangers that I'll need the Chainsaw for.
Mike AKA Sherpaboy
Sherpaboy

Postby dduk » September 29th, 2007, 8:14 am

Trail's in great shape. Look out for deer! Saw 2 on Thursday evening and 4 this morning.
Trying to keep it down to 1 MTB and 1 road bike.
dduk

mabury trail conditions?

Postby rocky roooad » October 2nd, 2007, 11:47 am

anyone know what the maybury trail conditions are like today?
*andrea*
rocky roooad

Re: mabury trail conditions?

Postby LVD » October 2nd, 2007, 1:46 pm

rocky roooad wrote:anyone know what the maybury trail conditions are like today?

Trail should be in very good shape today. We were on it yesteday evening when the rain came and it was tapering off when we left.

The trails was holding up fine last night and it drains well (in most places) so should be good today, with only a couple of puddles.
Lee V. Duhl (LVD)
Never busted. Busted is what you see! - Kwame Kilpatrick
Trail's Edge Racing
LVD

Postby Dirtdevil » October 3rd, 2007, 8:11 am

Rode it last night (10/2) great shape w/ the usual mud puddles.

Dirtdevil

maybury

Postby rescueclimber » October 10th, 2007, 3:58 pm

I just got back form riding Maybury, on my way to the trailhead I noticed that there are some newly planted trees on the way up the hill where the Maybury race was, well one of those trees are up rooted and need to be replanted. Also at mile 3.4 there is a huge branch that crosses the path and is approx 6' off the ground, even slouching it knocked me it the noggin, I dont remember it there at the race, but its dangerous. Otherwise great trail and its in good shape.
Live every Day to the Fullest.
rescueclimber

Postby Dirtdevil » October 13th, 2007, 4:04 pm

As of 10/13, the trail is clear, smooth, and fast. 8) 8) 8)

Dirtdevil

10/20/07

Postby jumpstumper » October 21st, 2007, 2:42 pm

Rode Saturday afternoon. Trial is in great condition dispite the rain during the week. The perfect weather over the past couple days has dried things out. There are only about two or three soft spots.
Specialized Epic Marathon (Trails)
Specialized Tarmac Comp Rival (Road)
Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp (Spare Parts)
jumpstumper

Postby alden » October 22nd, 2007, 8:23 pm

rode this evening...trail is in awesome shape! more leaves than yesterday and the 2 mud puddles have dried up. :D i imagine the leaves will be pretty slick now that the rain has moved in. :?

another beautiful fall day to ride! 8)
i'm only nice to people i don't like

"you are accustomed to dropping a duex in your pants."--singletrack mind

"wtf is a duex anyway?!?!"--me
alden

Trail Update

Postby Brobiscut3 » October 24th, 2007, 2:17 pm

I rode today at around 1:00pm wasn't bad, trail was a little damp so it was a tad slow but otherwise good. A couple mud puddles but you can get around them on the side.
The faster you go the higher you jump! :)
Brobiscut3

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions