Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Re: Mid-State: Anderson Park

Postby SteveF » December 29th, 2013, 1:58 pm

bockrona wrote:The Playground and Green are clean.

Thanks for working on this, Ron--how is the road and parking lot down there? I almost got stuck in my 2wd truck last time I went.
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
SteveF

Postby bockrona » December 30th, 2013, 2:49 pm

SteveF wrote:how is the road and parking lot down there? I almost got stuck in my 2wd truck last time I went.

The parking areas need a little help. The road is plowed, not sure if the County or the locals took care of it, but they don't seem to do the parking areas. The weekend melt helped. There is a tree taking up half of the upper lot in front of the kiosk, and the lower lot is uneven and messy. Thinking that a few trips through there with a snow plow over the winter would do those areas some good, if anyone has a plow handy.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Postby MFawley » December 31st, 2013, 7:08 pm

Did a a bunch of work on red today. It still needs alot more work though.
MFawley

Postby bockrona » January 1st, 2014, 10:47 am

Trail needs riders. I tried to ride yesterday and it took a lot of effort to keep moving. No tracks and a couple inches of crusty snow to fight through.

I may take a walk out there today and do some clean up.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Postby MFawley » January 1st, 2014, 4:58 pm

With the help of Ron we were able to clear the red trail. There is one bigger try that is over the trail but it can be ridden under. Other than that it should be all clear and good to go for a ride!
MFawley

Postby Biggredd911 » January 2nd, 2014, 9:35 pm

Here's my ride on New Year's day. Trail ain't bad at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQJXFJLZwms
DIRT- Building a Specialized monster this winter. BEWARE TRAILS!
SNOW- Surly Pugsley... thee fat bike. There are no others!
ROAD- Mustang GT
Biggredd911

Postby SteveF » January 4th, 2014, 1:56 pm

bockrona wrote:Trail needs riders. I tried to ride yesterday and it took a lot of effort to keep moving. No tracks and a couple inches of crusty snow to fight through.

I may take a walk out there today and do some clean up.

I did a lap of red and green on the fat bike today so there's tracks now, but from looking at the forecast I don't know how long they'll be of use. Got about 1/4-1/3 into blue to the bridge with the little stepdowns and there's still deadfall there so I turned back. Might try to get out with my little saw and get them this afternoon. (chances 50/50 if I'll have time.)

You and MFawley did a *beep* of a job out there--must've been tough! There are some huge trees cut through on green--you must have access to a big saw! My little 12" bar letter opener wouldn't stand a chance. :lol:
SteveF

Postby SteveF » January 4th, 2014, 5:40 pm

Update-I cleared blue so the trail is fully rideable...just in time for the 9" of snow we're sposed to have by monday am...
SteveF

Postby Biggredd911 » January 15th, 2014, 6:24 pm

Rode my Pugsley today on Green Trail and it was tough. Put my tires down to the lowest pressure I have ever run and still had some issues getting around.
Whom ever is snow shoeing really helped me keep my speed, however, I think that person may have been drunk. The trail starts to go all over the place. I tried to look for the grooves in the snow where the trail was, and rode the trail the best I could.

The snow is ranging from 1-3 inches with a thick layer of ice on top. The ice breaks easily when you are at speed, but if you come to a stop, it's a little difficult to get started again.

Had to cut my ride short so the entire Green Trail shall come tomorrow. Three women were hiking on the trail with two pit bulls that were off leashes. I have no problem with dogs that are running with their owners but these dogs were all over the place. I was finishing a hill climb when I saw the first dog followed by the next. The dogs started barking at me when the younger dog lunged at me but the owner yelled up the hill to the dog and the dog hesitated twice to come back to the owner. The older pit barked then ran up to me -all I'm thinking is my leg is about to be turned into a chew toy- I just stood still and said "Hey buddy" in a high-pitch voice. The owner called for the dog again and it finally obeyed. I didn't move until I saw both dogs on leashes (actually I was just out of breath trying to get the Pugsley through the snow and up the hill). The owner put the dogs back on leashes and continued with their hike. "Sorry about that!" the owner said to me. I had flashbacks from when I was a little kid and I was attacked 3 different times by dogs. I have no problem with dogs, but lets use some common sense here people. I have hit a dog before at Anderson near the water's edge on Green Trail. This golden lab was with it's owner whom was fishing. I came around a blind turn (July, full plant growth) and the dog was running the opposite way, and I clipped its right rear leg. The dog was tripped up a little but kept right on going to it's owner. "Sorry bout that! He goes after squirrels every now and then!" the owner yelled to me. This is why we have leash laws everybody. If you have a dog that stays with you the whole time, and always obeys your commands, then don't worry about it; heck if anything, you probably have an awesome trail buddy.
I just hope people understand that to some people, it's a little scary coming upon two dogs off their leashes and barking at you.

Sorry about my rant, go ride the trails kids!
ROAD- Mustang GT
Biggredd911

Postby bockrona » January 20th, 2014, 10:59 am

Walked lower green yesterday with the kid(s) in tow in a sled. It may have helped a little.

Also, the alternative entrance to Green makes a nice sled run for the kids. Don't think my back could take that jump.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Postby Biggredd911 » February 18th, 2014, 1:25 pm

Until snowshoes are used, don't even bother. The depth was past my axles on my Pugsley.

Hopefully the melt that's coming up will take some of it away... and then freeze over again!
ROAD- Mustang GT
Biggredd911

Postby bockrona » March 23rd, 2014, 1:17 pm

Not quite ready for prime time, but it may be ready for some fatties. There has been a lot of melt, and the snow that is left is firm and dense enough to walk on top.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Postby MFawley » March 23rd, 2014, 2:33 pm

bockrona wrote:Not quite ready for prime time, but it may be ready for some fatties. There has been a lot of melt, and the snow that is left is firm and dense enough to walk on top.

But.... I wanna ride now! Ugh it's going to be forever till the trails are open. Or at least it's going to seem that way.
MFawley

Postby centralRH » April 8th, 2014, 4:52 pm

Just checked the trails on my way home. I stopped at each trail head and from what I can tell they are good to go. I'm not guaranteeing 100% good conditions, but overall it looks pretty good. I may sneak in a quick loop tonight after the kids go to bed.
centralRH

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments