MCMBA: Milford

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Milford

Postby mwilson7 » November 15th, 2013, 8:25 am

Rode the trail last night and it is a little slick but in great shape!

Weather is supposed to be great for the next couple days so enjoy it while you can!

Oh, almost forgot to mention that the trail has changed again since the last time I rode it.

Bill - I want to thank you for maintaining this trail and continuing to expand it. I am constantly amazed at how much you are able to fit in and still not make it feel like you are backtracking all the time.
Mark
mwilson7

Postby Steve_Balogh » December 27th, 2013, 5:54 pm

Checked the temps online beforehand, Milford was down near the freezing mark, so I got a late afternoon ride in, the snow was in great condition. No slush,no mud and I could not see any ice present. (Driving to the trail Milford looked quite messy). I saw one set of normal MTB tracks cut in and out of the trail, same for some hiker tracks. Was a fair amount of fresh untouched snow. I did encounter two short sections that were a bit bumpy from foot traffic, one bounced me to a complete stop. I skipped the section of the three bridges at the start; I was using DIY studded tires and opted to go around an re-enter the trail after those.
Steve_Balogh

Postby CraveSingletrack » April 9th, 2014, 1:52 pm

Anyone checked out milford? It's usually one of the first ride-able trails.
I'm a racerboy.
CraveSingletrack

Postby ihateplaindave » April 9th, 2014, 4:04 pm

I checked it out on Sunday morning while riding the paved trail. Still lots of snow and ice. Wet and muddy in the spots where the snow had melted. Not rideable yet. Hopefully soon.
ihateplaindave

Postby davedejonge » April 10th, 2014, 6:11 am

I saw some heading into the trail last night... How was it?
davedejonge

Postby Webleedorange61 » April 12th, 2014, 9:37 am

any updates on the trail conditions?
Webleedorange61

Postby Builder-Bill » April 12th, 2014, 4:46 pm

Milford Trail is Officially Open..... :D :D :D :D Its in amazing shape.. I only found two snowy damp spots on the whole trail..... Go ride it...
I also rode C loop at Highland, its in great shape.

Bill and Sam the Trail dog
Milford TC
Proud Lake TC
Builder-Bill

Postby omitw » April 13th, 2014, 3:42 pm

Rode Milford Trail today and found myself grinning from ear to ear. What a great feeling to get back on the dirt.

Milford trail seems to dry up and be rideable before any other trail in the area in the spring and following periods of rain. As Bill indicated in the prior post, the trail is in excellent condition and ready to be ridden.
omitw

Postby Builder-Bill » April 20th, 2014, 9:59 am

I haven't been able to be on the trail this week :( , is there anything that needs to be addressed?
Bill
Milford TC
Builder-Bill

Postby Mucky » April 20th, 2014, 4:27 pm

Builder-Bill wrote:I haven't been able to be on the trail this week :( , is there anything that needs to be addressed?
Bill
Milford TC

Not really. I rode this afternoon, and it was in great shape. There are a crap load of leaves that make it challenging, but trail is good. I like the new banked turns and the Free Ride/Expert portions.

Thanks for your hard work Bill
Mucky

Postby wifehatesthebike » May 5th, 2014, 8:59 pm

Great fat biking on the trail tonight. No mud and the trail is clear except the usual 4 or so deer checking me out. Thanks Bill for the loop.
wifehatesthebike

Postby utabintarbo » May 9th, 2014, 7:31 am

As of last night, the trail was in wonderful shape, less a couple of squishy (but not wet) spots. :icon_thumleft:
utabintarbo

Postby Coyote » May 10th, 2014, 10:46 am

Rode it for the first time this year yesterday afternoon. Trail is in great shape!

Mainly I wanted to show my appreciation for the recent improvements, especially the material brought in to the lower areas to help keep the trail dry. They really help the flow of that area and it's very nice not to have mud holes in that area this time of year. :icon_cheers: :icon_thumright:
Coyote

Postby Builder-Bill » May 10th, 2014, 8:46 pm

Join us at the 9th annual Milford Challenge, a family friendly celebration of the great single track trails surrounding scenic Milford. Bikers pick their own course: Highland, Milford, Island Lake, Kensington, Proud Lake, Hickory Glen – easily rideable from Milford with great paved bike paths and a minimum of road riding. You can tailor this anywhere from a fun trail ride with friends to an all-day 100 mile epic!

Participants will be treated to a live musical performance by the Orbitsuns under the large Tent... beginning at 1 pm. Please stop by, share your stories and adventures with other riders, and enjoy the food and vibes of downtown Milford! This event will go on..... rain or shine...

Participation fee is still just $15, and all proceeds benefit the MCMBA and support the local trails that you love. This will include 2 beer tickets.. Bells will be on tap.

Save time and hassle by registering in advanced at Race Services

Day-of registration runs from 7:30 to noon at Main Street Grill, 327 N Main Street. A detailed map and suggested routes will be provided at registration, along with a wrist band for discounted beverages at the Main Street Grill.

Bill
Milford TC
Proud Lake TC

Trail’s Edge Bike Shop (525 N Main Street) will be hosting a kid’s Bike Rodeo at their store from 11 am to 1 pm, and members of their team will be available to lead group rides through nearby trails from 10 am to 1 pm. Stop by and enjoy the merriment!

This is a self supported and self directed ride. Bring water, food, money, cell phones, friends – whatever you need for a day on the trails. Camping facilities and cabins are available at Proud Lake Recreation Area, a three mile ride from downtown.
Builder-Bill

Postby Dakota Kid » May 11th, 2014, 9:59 am

Bill,
Are there any groups meeting up at specific times to ride? Always more fun to group ride in events like these.

Brett
Dakota Kid

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments