MCMBA: Hickory Glen (Commerce)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro South: Commerce

Postby Spinwheel » April 23rd, 2009, 4:26 pm

Here's a map I added to a while back, PM me with your email and I'll send you a pdf if you like.

Tim
TC, Hickory Glen Park - Commerce Twp.
Spinwheel

Postby beemane » April 24th, 2009, 12:00 pm

Is Commerce dry to ride tonight?
beemane

Postby nhjeffs » April 24th, 2009, 1:43 pm

Commerce is in great shape. I was there yesterday and there was nothing that was unridable. The wo soft spots that were there are probably already dried up today.
nhjeffs

Postby Hotrod » April 24th, 2009, 5:03 pm

nhjeffs wrote:Commerce is in great shape. I was there yesterday and there was nothing that was unridable. The wo soft spots that were there are probably already dried up today.

SWEEEEEEET.....on my way
Hotrod

Postby screaminDOHC » April 26th, 2009, 10:42 am

Great trail. Rode it yesterday about an hour after the big storm. Watch out for some fallen limbs, there were quite a few..
screaminDOHC

Postby HiptonRadcliffIII » April 26th, 2009, 9:11 pm

trail was surprisingly awesome tonight! I think the soil is hydrophobic, it never seems to be bad (despite rain today and lots yesterday). the bad part is there are two larger trees down in the first section of the trail. the elevated structure right before the teeter-todder is also broken, but actually makes for a new challenge (i wouldn't consider it an immediate need). there are lots of little branches that have fallen into the trail and it could probably use a good sweep through. they are the kind that can cause an endo if they get lodged in the spokes or fork just right. the trail was relativly fast and the turns were tacky, it was a good night to ride.
HiptonRadcliffIII

Postby Apps » April 27th, 2009, 8:48 am

Thanks for the update Ben. I'll see about getting out there and cutting out the two trees. Are they both before the Cell Tower? I hope to get out there tonight and take care of them....

Justin
Apps

Postby Apps » April 27th, 2009, 9:16 pm

I got out and took care of the tree that was down out by the red house...also got one at the end of the trail in the trench area by the Football field....Keep me posted on what I've missed and I'll try and get it out of there!

This time of year, I ride with a folding hand saw just in case something is down....if anyone does work out there...let us know and we'll try and keep track of the hours...simply PM me and we'll log it in...

Justin
Co-TC "The Hick"
Apps

Postby MikeBl » April 29th, 2009, 8:17 pm

Rode a couple of laps after work Wed. One small tree across the trail. Trail is 100% rideable. Go for it.
MikeBl

Postby Loren » April 29th, 2009, 8:52 pm

Apps cleared that downfall tonight, should be good to go.
Loren

Postby MikeBl » April 30th, 2009, 6:43 am

Great...........
MikeBl

Postby Apps » April 30th, 2009, 10:29 am

Yup...tree is out after the River crossing/before the trials area.

There's a big leaner just after the river crossing that is slowly coming down...if we get some good winds it may come down finally but we'll see. Be careful around it...I heard it coming down a bit while I was out there Monday taking care of some other trees. This thing is huge and will block the trail in at least two spots when it comes down. I'm not an "Axman" so I'm waiting for it to hit the ground before I take it out.

Face Slappers are coming out a bit....I try to take care of them as I can since I ride with a folding saw in the camelback this time of year. feel free to cut them back and get them out of the way....I may schedule a work event (aka trailday) to take care of some of that but right now my schedule is booked for the next 3 weekends so if anyone has some free time...feel free to lop/prune away....

Justin
Apps

Postby ibisman » April 30th, 2009, 11:14 am

I went this morning (Thursday the 30th) and the trail was great! Thanks too everyone for clearing the downfall. I did two laps ( should not have done even one as I had knee surgery for a torn meniscus 1 1/2 weeks ago) but I'm, getting cabin fever. Got the second lap down to 42 minutes. Thanks again for a great trail.
ibisman

Postby kcnado » May 1st, 2009, 12:11 pm

ibisman wrote:I did two laps (should not have done even one as I had knee surgery for a torn meniscus 1 1/2 weeks ago) but I'm, getting cabin fever.

Eh, its all good! I started running about 2 weeks after my Scope surgery. But be careful, it only leads to having a 2nd or 3rd surgey later on ;-)
kcnado

Postby ibisman » May 1st, 2009, 1:47 pm

too late... this is the third time. Opps.
ibisman

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions