CRAMBA: Bloomer

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Bloomer

Postby Lateapex36 » November 4th, 2013, 11:32 am

Rode yesterday, a few muddy spots on the 2 track from CRT and a few other spots on the initial single track. Once you get past by the cricket field its pretty good. Cleared one fallen tree near the 2 marker, just dragged it off the trail. Other than a lot of leaves out there making it interesting to see the trail it was in pretty good shape.
2013 Trek Mamba
Stony, Maybury, River Bends, Bloomer
Lateapex36

Postby Lateapex36 » November 11th, 2013, 7:32 am

Rode saturday, there is a pretty big tree down on the 2 track coming from clinton river trail and some muddy spots on the first lower section of single track. Also looks like someone cleared the leaves off of the whole single track trail, AWESOME WORK!!!
2013 Trek Mamba
Stony, Maybury, River Bends, Bloomer
Lateapex36

Postby i69whitey » November 11th, 2013, 4:31 pm

Trail conditions update:
A strange dusting of some cold white pollen!

-whitey
"...So whether you have got 29-, 26- or 20-inch wheels, whether you ride XC or DH, whether you've got boobs or balls, i hear you. Let's go ride." - Rachel Atherton
"Ride your bike, sleep when your dead." - dirt
http://thehubofdetroit.org/
i69whitey

Postby PK » November 18th, 2013, 7:27 pm

Oh boy..
We walked a couple miles of trails and it's a mess..
Chainsaw worthy and lots of debris.
We saw about 12 down and we didn't really even walk that much of the singletrack.

Pete.
PK

Postby bergsteiger » November 18th, 2013, 10:06 pm

oh boy, thanks for the heads up. I am on call this week but will try to make it out. Sunday at the latest to work on cutting stuff out.
bergsteiger

Postby bergsteiger » November 24th, 2013, 5:49 pm

Chris has cut out a bunch of trees friday, and Steve and I got 4 trees today. There is one tree left on the double track east of the exit from the lower ridge left, but not in the path of the marked loop.
To my knowledge the rest of the single track loop should be tree free now. There are likely still sticks down so watch out for those. I am planning to get out and check out the loop by bike in the next few days to verify.
bergsteiger

Postby bergsteiger » November 27th, 2013, 8:23 am

We rode half the trail last night from the CRT entry up through the first section passed the parking lot. no trees were down, I did cut a small tree over the 2-track, there are still some sticks and some frozen puddles/frozen ruts. But in general hard and fast were the conditions.

We ran into two girls lost in the woods, fortunately Steve knew which trail lead to the apartments and we lead them back there.

After that we ran out of time for the second half of the trail, if I do not make it out today I will make it out on Sunday.
bergsteiger

Postby lunge bob sweatpants » December 7th, 2013, 11:52 am

I cut through a portion of Bloomer yesterday. There are two large trees down on the wide trail below the Ridge trails that require dismount. Both will require a chainsaw. The fallen tree that has been leaning over the stair-step climb (closer to to the exit at the fence) is leaning a lot lower and I think will eventually need to be cut up, again will require a chainsaw.

I could not notify that park as no one was there notify.
lunge bob sweatpants

Postby bergsteiger » December 8th, 2013, 11:24 pm

Rode a loop of all the single track aside from the bit by the stairs (was running out of daylight).

The trail is now frozen and the worst are the frozen in ruts through the former soft spots. The trail is clear and good to go.

I did take care of a leaner towards the beginning of the upper ridge, was in a bad spot and barely hanging on the tree it was caught in. All clear now though.

In my loop i did ride the 2-track/wide trail under the lower ridge, i did see some recent looking saw work, so i think the park may have gotten the reported trees there.
I did not hit the stair climb to check on the leaner there.
bergsteiger

Postby Kjmcdonald85 » March 29th, 2014, 1:04 pm

Anyone ride bloomer recently? How are the conditions?
Kjmcdonald85

Postby jalopy jockey » March 29th, 2014, 1:46 pm

Kjmcdonald85 wrote:Anyone ride bloomer recently? How are the conditions?

Have not ridden it since it started thawing. I know that anything not ice or slush will be a muddy mess. Bloomer is weeks away at best.
I guess I'm lacking mental clarity because I don't smoke pot. " - Di Bear
jalopy jockey

Postby bergsteiger » March 31st, 2014, 11:40 am

The last info I have from last week is still snow and ice.
Planning to head out and check, but even after the warmth this week the ground will still need to thaw to allow it to dry out. Some areas are still going to be a while yet.
bergsteiger

Postby jalopy jockey » April 1st, 2014, 8:17 pm

bergsteiger wrote:The last info I have from last week is still snow and ice.
Planning to head out and check, but even after the warmth this week the ground will still need to thaw to allow it to dry out. Some areas are still going to be a while yet.

If you want to check for trees down and whatnot fine but regarding soil firmness I can answer that and save you a trip.

There was still plenty of snow in the woods just outside of Bloomer at 5:15 this evening. I drive John R to the stop sign almost daily. And my lawn squishes when I walk on it. For the last 5 or 6 years my yard is dry before Bloomer is ride able, even the dry parts of Bloomer.
I guess I'm lacking mental clarity because I don't smoke pot. " - Di Bear
jalopy jockey

Postby Jen_Smith11 » April 17th, 2014, 1:40 pm

Any updates on this trail? Was thinking about heading out on Monday, but wasn't sure the trails were desirable.
live in the now

Trek Mamba 29er
Trek Lexa SLX
Jen_Smith11

Postby bergsteiger » April 17th, 2014, 2:34 pm

planning to go check the trail this evening. i will report back.
bergsteiger

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments