MCMBA: Lakeshore Park (Novi)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro South: Novi

Postby agfrag » July 5th, 2009, 7:28 pm

Hmmm...could be grape juice...or mediocre wine...hard to tell from the photo...
agfrag

Postby hockeydaddy » July 5th, 2009, 7:51 pm

I think it's a fine women that likes a glass of wine!!!! Oh by the way trails in great shape. We just need to go out and fix a few spots.
Some people are alive today simply because it's against the law to kill them.......
Mountain Biker

http://hockeydaddy.blogspot.com/

http://www.teamtreefarm.com/
hockeydaddy

Postby ibisman » July 5th, 2009, 8:56 pm

1. its in a wine glass.
2. I was trying to say the young lady looks smart enough to drink a fine wine.
ibisman

Postby Mardiggs » July 6th, 2009, 5:28 pm

It's Sangria, so not great wine but plenty of booze
Mardiggs

Postby hockeydaddy » July 6th, 2009, 5:37 pm

Mardiggs wrote:It's Sangria, so not great wine but plenty of booze

Do you know of our Tuesday night rides???

http://mmba.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=74148
Some people are alive today simply because it's against the law to kill them.......
Mountain Biker

http://hockeydaddy.blogspot.com/

http://www.teamtreefarm.com/
hockeydaddy

Postby ibisman » July 6th, 2009, 8:44 pm

see....its wine not grape juice, and its not a night ride if there is still daylight.
ibisman

Postby steveracer » July 6th, 2009, 9:14 pm

She fooled you! Ha!

Now get back to work so you can get in shape for the next trail day.
steveracer

Postby EnRaz » July 9th, 2009, 6:56 am

Got out to Novi last night for the first time in a while. Trail is in great shape... a bit tacky in a few spots, but hardly worth mentioning. There was a tree down just after Star Wars loop, but I took care of that. Everything else was clear. Enjoy!!
EnRaz

Postby AndrejPetro » July 10th, 2009, 9:09 pm

does anyone know what some of the fastest documented lap times are for this trail? Singletrack most difficult + pines. Just curious to see what the advanced guys run this in. Thanks !
AndrejPetro

Postby thejode » July 10th, 2009, 9:12 pm

42 minutes is very fast.
thejode

Postby Loren » July 10th, 2009, 9:40 pm

Yes, it is.

Even though the lengths are about the same, the race course is significantly faster than the normal 10 mile singletrack, with long stretches of two track where speed is only limited by the rider's fitness. The fastest times recorded at the relay races by The Timing Guys are about 42 minutes, but many advanced teams put in laps in the mid 40s. 2 years ago, I think mtb life averaged 44 minutes for 8 laps. That year riders had to do consecutive laps, so that's pretty impressive.

The normal singletrack includes significantly tighter sections that are omitted in the race course. These sections definately reward familiarity, so frequent riders tend to get the best times. Some of the times people have posted here in the past stretch credulity, and only seem possible by normal mortals if they don't do the 'optional' sections. (For instance, there's a signpost before the crater that points one way for 'easiest', and another for 'more difficult'. Taking the 'easiest' routes shave several minutes off your time, but what's the fun in that???)
Loren

Postby HiptonRadcliffIII » July 11th, 2009, 9:29 am

I don't consider anyone's time that does not hit most/all of the obstacles. each one you skip is a 2 min penalty in my eyes. on a good day, I ride it around 55 min +/- 5min (depending on how many laps I want on the pump track). I have always been kinda curious how I would fare with gears and skipping the obstacles, but like loren said, "whats the fun in that"
HiptonRadcliffIII

Postby ibisman » July 11th, 2009, 9:43 am

Right....key word "documented". And whats the "documented" fastest time for a senior citizen ? You know 55 and over? I've done a 54 minute whole course and 49 minute relay race time. Documented.6" free ride bike. Geared. Normal 26" wheels. no sandals. No tye dyed shirt.
ibisman

Postby ColinB » July 11th, 2009, 12:04 pm

Almost relay race day!
ColinB

Postby agfrag » July 12th, 2009, 9:05 pm

Had an interesting experience on the trail today. I was coming off the trail on the very last stretch before you exit the woods, and if you are familiar with the trail, you can step it up a bit before you're out of the woods; when I see in front of me, half hidden in the shadows (it was about 8:00pm) two small logs laid on top of each other right across the track. I luckily was able to screech to a halt (sorry for the skid mark).

These had obviously been placed there on purpose, no tree was down, no other logs close by, so immediately I thought this was a trap. I picked them up and threw them to the side, and made my way to the parking lot. Pretty empty out there, just another cyclist getting ready to go out, and a small group of adults, some of them in some kind of uniform(?) under the shelter. I was looking for kids.

After I packed up, I looked up at the "upper" parking lot, and here are about 6 young lads, about 10 to 12 years old, getting in the cars driven by the uniformed adults. I made to go speak with them, but as I had no shoes on at the moment, I paused to put them on. When I looked up again, they were gone.

Perhaps they were the pranksters, perhaps not, but boy am I glad I had my eyes wide open.
agfrag

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions