CRAMBA: Holdridge

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Holdridge

Postby iamkickstand » September 22nd, 2013, 8:31 am

FREEDOM35 wrote:Dirt, why don't you shove this bit of crying to strictly PM, and not hijack the trail maintenance thread. No need to amass an even greater record of poorly thought-out comments. You've got a bad attitude, and you tried to dish it to me, and I called you on it. Are you going to lock this thread, too? Delete me or ban me, please, buddy. Keep this stuff out of the maintenance thread - I just wanted to check up on Grubers!

dirt wrote:You're right, sorry for derailing.

Dirt you should be a politician, you think your way is the only way, and when you get called out on it, you just ignore it, and change the subject. I'm impressed.
iamkickstand

Postby barry1me » September 22nd, 2013, 9:37 am

back on track.....what are the trail conditions like?
barry1me

Postby lawn dart » October 9th, 2013, 10:26 am

While other similar fixes seem to have settled-in better on the North loop, the Swamp area work never really firmed-up, even during the extended dry spell. :(

With proper approval, I hope to add some limestone to that area over the winter.
For the most part, the North loop drains pretty darn well (for how low it is). Hopefully we can get some finishing touches done in time for the spring thaw.
lawn dart

Postby Critter7r » October 12th, 2013, 9:12 pm

Did you go IN the exit?

Riding tomorrow after a bit of a hiatus (got the big "V", and I don't mean Vatican), providing the weather holds. Rode a few miles a couple times this week, hoping to ride all of East, but may bail at Mile 7 if my "boys" aren't cooperating.
<> Chris <>
I live in Holly & ride my '02 FSR 26'er '09 Trek Fuel 26'er at Holdridge.
Critter7r

Postby lawn dart » October 23rd, 2013, 5:19 am

Very sad indeed. Prayers for the family.
lawn dart

Postby Critter7r » October 28th, 2013, 12:15 pm

Yes, about 1/4 mile or so past that uphill section where Orchard re-joins the main East loop.

I was actually surprised I didn't see more trees down, now that you mention it.
<> Chris <>
Critter7r

Postby Critter7r » November 3rd, 2013, 6:49 pm

Headhunter across the trail just after the first bridge on West and a leaner about a quarter mile later. Neither is blocking the trail at this time. I expect that the headhunter will settle and get lower in the coming days/weeks. Lots of leaves and fluff on the trail, and it's slick. No PRs today for sure.
<> Chris <>
Critter7r

Postby Jim O » November 10th, 2013, 9:53 pm

acidtattoo wrote:Rode Gruber's today. Trail is well covered with leaves and a lot of fun. Three trees down across the trail: 3.5 miles in, 9.75, and 13.75. All will require a saw.

Thanks, will take care of later in week.
MLB
Mama's L'il Brat
Jim O

Postby turbotoad » November 28th, 2013, 12:13 am

Could maybe help Saturday depending on time.
turbotoad

Postby Jim O » December 1st, 2013, 9:31 pm

Thanks for all the assistance guys! Went to the OSU/UM game Saturday after getting a cold from last weekend. My cold did not deter my cheering at the game nor the result. Today needed to do the outside Christmas lights at home. Anyway, thanks for the help. Amazing all the down debris.
MLB
Mama's L'il Brat
Jim O

Postby Critter7r » December 2nd, 2013, 8:35 am

I rode Meadows on Thanksgiving and it was clear.

There were 4 trees down on the return on East, Sunday morning. (I entered thru the Hess rd entrance/exit and turned left at the sign). There's a tree blocking the first rock pile bypass and three more within probably less than a 1/4 mile - well before the entrance to the Orchard trail.

West has a few ominous-looking leaners in Tornado Alley, too. I don't know if anyone else calls it that, but it's the area about a mile in, after rounding a left-hand curve on a slight uphill there seems always to be lots of trees down around the trail after every little windstorm. At the end of what I call Tornado Alley, there is about an 18-inch drop that's not quite a drop, followed by a sandy right-hander, then a left and a rooty climb. (It's just after this climb that you can see the homes on Shields Court off to the left).
<> Chris <>
Critter7r

Postby SAuge » December 9th, 2013, 2:36 pm

Yea, trying to get ready for XC skiing - need a little more snow!!!

The return for east from the Hess road entrance should be clear.

Haven't been able to walk all of the Orchard loop, so some may still be out there.

Haven't walked the east entrance from North up to the Hess road entrance - no idea what is out there.

Found some stuff on Meadow?
SAuge

Postby SAuge » December 15th, 2013, 10:03 pm

Age of the wheel is dead!

Long live the flat boards! :)
SAuge

Postby Jim O » December 24th, 2013, 10:06 pm

Thanks Scott for the info. We will have to organize something when the weather clears a bit?
MLB
Mama's L'il Brat
Jim O

Postby Jim O » December 30th, 2013, 10:12 pm

Trail conditions, where there are no down trees or brush is frozen with uneven ice about 3" to 4" deep and about 18" wide. Outside of the ice is crusted snow about 6" deep. Not sure that studded tires would work. There seems to be foot traffic however. Please, if you are walking the trails be very careful and clear debris by hand if possible. Would really appreciate the help!!!

I cleaned what I could with a folding saw on the first two miles of the West loop. About ten trees need a saw in this section. How could you ski or snow shoe with such frozen uneven conditions?
MLB
Mama's L'il Brat
Jim O

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions