CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro North: Dodge Park Trail, AKA Clinton River Park Tr

Postby rod_munch » July 1st, 2011, 11:00 pm

i rode that log drop 3x yesterday. its not any worse than going off a curb on the street. if anything i was slightly dissapointed and wish it were a little bigger :twisted:

all in all this trail is great now that it is dried out.
rod_munch

Postby Mack » July 2nd, 2011, 2:12 pm

If you are aware of this technique, preload the jump and you can get a bit more air out of it. Really depends on how you want to ride that section speed or air. You can also scrub that jump alittle and just rail the s@!t out of that right hand corner just after jump. I have thought about adding another log on top of the one that is there. My concern is being able to set up properly for that right it comes up pretty fast if you are cooking in that section . I am going too have to give that one some more thought. Next thing I have to do is fix that downhill off camber left that is all blown apart in the ridge section you can tell a few people have C&B'd there. Needs fix'n. Did Aaron get the deadfalls cut out the one's that are by the bridge. I sort of like them they make that section a bit more technical but the one right before or after the bridge is in somewhat of a bad spot. The other one is a big deadfall coming into the camelbacks/ humps from the south.
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
Mack

Location: 42° 34' 49' N ~ 83° 1' 49' W Weekends 44° 46' 57' N ~ 85° 1' 14' W

Postby rod_munch » July 2nd, 2011, 2:30 pm

theres one deadfall right after the bridge with the logpile in front of it. you can get over it but its at kind of a weird angle so imho it should go.

also i live in the area and have plenty of free time to help with any maintenence/building.
rod_munch

Postby Mack » July 2nd, 2011, 3:41 pm

That one is a bit tricky, probably why I like it :D . But you are right the majority will not like the angle. I have not seen it since the log ramp has been put in front of it. logs that size I usually pull a little wheelie and put it on top of or on the other side and the bike will follow.That's what I was doing with that one with just the rear tire to get over the angle dosn't matter so much. I was thinking about seeing if you could bunnyhop it next time I was out but the log ramp sort of hinders that.
Paul McAllister
Mack

Postby rod_munch » July 5th, 2011, 10:31 pm

it's fine when it's dry but i'm afraid of when it's wet and it's slightly sloping to the right. but that said i flew over it a few times yesterday.
rod_munch

Postby jer091 » July 7th, 2011, 10:50 am

Nice ride out there this morning. Wide open trails. All the deadfall has been cleaned up (I believe Aaron was out there finishing up when I came thru) Thank you!
jer091

Postby Mack » July 7th, 2011, 12:40 pm

That would be me that you seen out there this morning finishing up that big s.o.b. going into the humps. Man that was a toughie a real saw eater if you wern't careful. Got home last night from up north salmon fishing and mtbing. Talked to Aaron and he said he didn't and wouldn't be able to get out there for a week to get the deadfalls. So I borrowed a friends saw. Mine is loaned out STILL :( , and went to town. All the deadfalls that I know of are gone for now. Till another storm rolls through then we'll be back at it.
Paul McAllister
Mack

Postby jer091 » July 7th, 2011, 1:04 pm

pmcallister wrote:That would be me that you seen out there this morning finishing up that big s.o.b. going into the humps. Man that was a toughie a real saw eater if you wern't careful. Got home last night from up north salmon fishing and mtbing. Talked to Aaron and he said he didn't and wouldn't be able to get out there for a week to get the deadfalls. So I borrowed a friends saw. Mine is loaned out STILL :( , and went to town. All the deadfalls that I know of are gone for now. Till another storm rolls through then we'll be back at it.

my apologies, thank you
jer091

Postby Mack » July 7th, 2011, 1:19 pm

No problem. Next time stop and say "hi". I like to meet fellow MMBA'ers. If you see me on the trail stop me and introduce yourself. I ride a blue Santa Cruz usually have a Santa Cruz jersey on also.
Paul McAllister
Mack

Postby c0nsumer » July 7th, 2011, 5:07 pm

How muddy is it out there now? Last time I was there it was a bit unpleasant, but I imagine it's dried a bit since then...
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby jer091 » July 7th, 2011, 5:22 pm

no mud at all. Nice and dry. Going to head out here in a few and get a few quick laps in.
jer091

Postby c0nsumer » July 7th, 2011, 5:27 pm

jer091 wrote:no mud at all. Nice and dry. Going to head out here in a few and get a few quick laps in.

Good to hear. Maybe I'll head out there this evening.
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby jer091 » July 7th, 2011, 7:49 pm

I failed to mention earlier that the Dodge Park Trail under Van Dyke Ave. has been excavated and is free and clear to ride thru!
jer091

Postby rod_munch » July 8th, 2011, 1:17 am

one thing id like to clear up is if this trail is single directional or bi directional. i start at emergency marker 2 and always encounter riders coming the other way. its not a huge deal but slowing down sucks lol.
rod_munch

Postby utabintarbo » July 8th, 2011, 5:22 am

It is bi-directional, but (IMO) seems to flow better going north.
Addison Oaks TC

Current quiver

Impulse control fails me. ;)
utabintarbo

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions