CRAMBA: River Bends

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: River Bends

Postby madmike23 » October 25th, 2013, 11:08 am

Anyone ride here lately? Last time i was there, you could barely see the trail. I was surprised at how many leaves had fallen there, but not at my house ( I live a few miles from the trail).
madmike23

Postby jer091 » October 25th, 2013, 1:37 pm

madmike23 wrote:Anyone ride here lately? Last time i was there, you could barely see the trail. I was surprised at how many leaves had fallen there, but not at my house ( I live a few miles from the trail).

Just got back....

Leaves are still there but you should be able to see the trail fairly easy. Yellow loop is in good condition. Didn't ride the "swamp loop"
jer091

Postby Roy » October 26th, 2013, 4:33 pm

The swamp loop is soft and rooty, but rideable. The slowness makes the roots feel twice as big.
I really like the new reroute at the far south end (previously known as seasonal loop). That switch back is going to be a challenge after it snows.

Roy
Roy

Postby mr_opjones » November 3rd, 2013, 8:45 pm

A few 3-5" diameter trees down, I cleared all of the small low hangers. One right at the beginning of the trail, one in the high side of the dragstrip, one just after the tues night entrance headed towards the trailhead and one towards the end in the trail between trails. A little greasy in spots but rideable, I avoided the swamp loop.
GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE!!

Replace Why with How
mr_opjones

Postby c0nsumer » November 8th, 2013, 2:56 pm

The aforementioned trees are still there; we'll be getting them on next Saturday's trail day. They can all be ridden, though, so there's no pressing need. The Swamp Loop should be avoided for now, as it's got ~6" of standing water in places.
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby Jim O » November 11th, 2013, 7:36 am

Wish I could help out this W/E. But as this is a three-Day weekend, I will be out of town traveling South to honor my Father as Veteran's Day was most important to him. All, please remember the veterans that served today at the 11th hour, on the 11th day, on the 11th month!
MLB
Mama's L'il Brat
Jim O

Postby utabintarbo » November 12th, 2013, 8:47 pm

There is a large (chainsaw-worthy) tree across the Drag Strip Bypass, about 1/3 of the way in.

Otherwise, a few squishy spots are all there is to worry about. :D
utabintarbo

Postby jer091 » November 18th, 2013, 2:18 pm

Ok, preliminary storm damage report is here.

I walked the yellow loop and there are 31 trees that need to be cut out! This does not include the smaller stuff that needs to be cleaned up and removed.

I did not survey the damage on the blue loop or the orange "swamp" loop yet.

If you get a chance and want to help out, I will be heading out there a few times this week to start cutting. I will start at the end and work my way towards the trailhead.

Thanks to everyone that helped get the trail in pristine shape before the storm, but this is just how it goes sometimes.
jer091

Postby c0nsumer » November 18th, 2013, 2:20 pm

jer091 wrote:Ok, preliminary storm damage report is here.

I walked the yellow loop and there are 31 trees that need to be cut out! This does not include the smaller stuff that needs to be cleaned up and removed.

I did not survey the damage on the blue loop or the orange "swamp" loop yet.

If you get a chance and want to help out, I will be heading out there a few times this week to start cutting. I will start at the end and work my way towards the trailhead.

Thanks to everyone that helped get the trail in pristine shape before the storm, but this is just how it goes sometimes.

Are any of these hand-saw-able?
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby jer091 » November 18th, 2013, 2:22 pm

c0nsumer wrote:
Are any of these hand-saw-able?

Most are but a few are larger that need combustion enhancements
jer091

Postby c0nsumer » November 19th, 2013, 6:09 pm

Thanks to a LOT of work Jeremy (jer091) and the Shelby Township PRM staff River Bends is, as far as we can tell, clear and ridable. There may still be some small deadfall, but all of the major stuff on the main loop (yellow) seems to be gone. We'll continue assessing it all as we have time and remove what's left, but enjoy!
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby ilikenature » November 29th, 2013, 2:43 pm

Rode a couple laps this morning and the conditions couldn't have been more enjoyable. There was a couple surprise ice patches on the swamp loop that made things fun, but other than that it was awesome.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
ilikenature

Postby c0nsumer » December 5th, 2013, 12:31 pm

Trail is in good shape. Didn't ride the swap loop, and there's a couple soft spots on the climb rerouted a couple weeksa go, but things are otherwise in great shape. Go ride. :)
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby jer091 » December 5th, 2013, 9:26 pm

The Township completed some requested improvements today, Thanks Shelby!

jer091

Postby c0nsumer » December 5th, 2013, 9:30 pm

jer091 wrote:The Township completed some requested improvements today, Thanks Shelby!

It seemed all wet from the freshly dug soil, but once that hardens up, no more pointy metal pipe!
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

c0nsumer
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments