For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Olson Park/Ann Arbor Loop

Postby jmf003 » October 11th, 2013, 1:36 pm

Nice!

bill_m wrote:Image
jmf003

Postby oogs » October 11th, 2013, 3:54 pm

Edit: removed some stuff. can't delete the post as a whole though.
Last edited by oogs on October 14th, 2013, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oogs

Postby oogs » October 14th, 2013, 10:22 am

This is pertinent to the previous discussion in the thread, re: National Mountain Bike Patrol.

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=121402&p=837637
oogs

Postby Geff » October 14th, 2013, 2:04 pm

oogs wrote:This is pertinent to the previous discussion in the thread, re: National Mountain Bike Patrol.

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=121402&p=837637

Thanks for giving it a push here. I was going to post on this thread as well, but was wondering about redundancy.
Geff

Postby Bcar » October 16th, 2013, 10:27 am

Devils night A2 Local Loop Night Ride! 1st annual!

WAT: Night ride of the Ann Arbor Local loop. ~15 miles.

When: Devils Night, Wednesday, October 30th.

Time: meet at 6:30pm, wheels turning at 7pm SHARP. Finish up by 9/9:30pm, beers after (location TBD)

Who: Advanced to Expert riders due to the nature of night riding and the local loop, this should not be anyone's first night ride...

Where: TBD, but probably meet at Kuebler-Langford Nature Area, north on Beachwood Dr from Sunset (North side of A2) or on Huron River Drive just West of Main st.

Other: This will be a themed ride, Devils! Everyone must have some type of costume or accessory (horns, tail, NJ devils hockey jersey, etc). The IMBA trail crew said Boulder has a monthly theme ride that is a huge hit. If you don’t, you'll be ridiculed and teased relentlessly during the ride and may not get an invite to the next theme ride ;)

Gear: Everyone MUST have one good light for night bike riding, a backup light, and a type or rear light/reflector (A2 city ordinance) and all your other riding gear.

Stay tuned, more to come!
A2 Local Loop TC
The Steeper the better...
If they call it Tourist Season, why can't we shoot them??
Bcar

Postby Geff » October 16th, 2013, 11:24 am

Sounds cool! Swing on by the WCC Fitness Center and poke into the Tortoise and Hare Logo Shop and let's see how you all are. I am there until 8.
Geff

Postby jmf003 » October 16th, 2013, 3:23 pm

Rode a chunk of the Local Loop this afternoon (KL, Bluffs, the connector trails, Black Pond Woods, Olson, Leslie). It was all in good shape in spite of last night's rain. Even the areas that normally puddle up were dry.

It was my first time through Bluffs. There are some sections in there that will hold your attention!

It was also my first ride over the new teeter-totter pivot at Olson. That was real nicely done, oogs.
jmf003

Postby oogs » October 16th, 2013, 4:29 pm

Bcar wrote:Devils night A2 Local Loop Night Ride! 1st annual!

Silly question: What do you do with your bikes after the ride? I'm not too keen on leaving mine locked up (properly, U-lock + cable) outside post-ride, I tend to air on the side of paranoia when it comes to physical security.

jmf003 wrote:It was also my first ride over the new teeter-totter pivot at Olson. That was real nicely done, oogs.

Thanks!
oogs

Postby daveat » October 17th, 2013, 10:17 am

Looking forward to the group ride, no schedule conflicts right now! Was there another Ann Arbor Enduro ride this fall that I missed?
daveat

Postby Bcar » October 18th, 2013, 10:38 am

usually just lock em up oggs. unless we meet downtown and ride from there, you can also put it in/on your car and lock it.

havent heard of an enduro.
A2 Local Loop TC
Bcar

Postby oogs » October 19th, 2013, 9:49 am

Bcar: Next ride, can we aim for a full moon? A night ride last night would have been pretty awesome... :P
oogs

Postby Geff » October 19th, 2013, 10:03 am

oogs wrote:Bcar: Next ride, can we aim for a full moon? A night ride last night would have been pretty awesome... :P

Right on! I was out and about. Amazing moon rise.
Geff

Postby Bcar » October 21st, 2013, 8:51 am

oogs wrote:Bcar: Next ride, can we aim for a full moon? A night ride last night would have been pretty awesome... :P

But then it wouldn't be a devils night ride ;) best full moon rides are in the winter when snow is on the ground, don't even need lights on some trails.
A2 Local Loop TC
Bcar

Postby oogs » October 26th, 2013, 11:14 am

bill_m wrote:Update on the Kuebler section of the AA trails. The two-track and prairie trails will be under construction tomorrow and Friday (October 10-11). The goal is to improve the drainage along the trails by leveling the grade and bringing in locking limestone fill that won't wash away with the heavy runoff from the highway. Hopefully this will solve the perennial problems with gullying and mucky sections. There will be heavy equipment on site and I am guessing the trails will be fairly impassable. Probably best to avoid that section of the loop for safety. Hope you will all enjoy the improvements once they are finished!

There was some construction equipment up there on Thursday. I don't know what they did, other than plow an entry to the upper prairie area.
oogs

Postby Bcar » October 28th, 2013, 10:11 am

yep, they just leveled out the two track, needed, but still needs more work to divert water flow. im working with em.

also: 70% chance of rain... no bueno. stay tuned as we're prob going to have to cancel the night ride ;(
A2 Local Loop TC
Bcar

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments