Stony Creek Pump Track Rebuild

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

Stony Creek Pump Track Rebuild

Postby urbaindk » July 24th, 2013, 10:25 pm

"On behalf of IMBA and Fox Racing Shox, it is my pleasure to award an IMBA/Fox Bike Park and Pump Track Grant of $1,000 to the Clinton River Area Mountain Bike Association Chapter of the International Mountain Biking Association. This grant is awarded on the recommendation of Regional Director Andy Williamson and the IMBA staff."

Yep, we were awarded a grant to rebuild the pump track at Stony Creek. Last week we laid out a new loop inside the old loop that sits on flat ground no more uphill pumping. Yesterday we had the park move a bunch of top soil so we have a pretty good start on a new track.

The funds will be used to purchase clay to top the track with as well as some equipment rental and new signage for the park.

We will start work shaping the dirt we have on hand tomorrow night (Thurs. 7/25) around 6pm. If you are free come on out.

More work days will be announce once we have all our materials lined up and ready to go.
urbaindk

Re: Stony Creek Pump Track Rebuild

Postby b_b » July 25th, 2013, 6:35 am

Cool deal! These types of projects/features are key to get young riders interested in the sport. We're on the other side of town and my boys like to ride the Tree Farm for the pump track, bridges, log piles, skinny's.
b_b

Postby urbaindk » July 29th, 2013, 10:59 pm

We'll be working on the pump track this Tuesday and Thursday night starting around 5:30-6 pm. We'll have tools. Come help for a couple hours or a couple minutes. It's all appreciated!
urbaindk

Postby urbaindk » August 5th, 2013, 10:53 am

The pump track is mostly shaped but don't let that dissuade you from coming out to help. As pump tracks go, being 90% finished means that about 90% of the work remains. Work parties will continue on Tuesday and Thursday nights this week. Bring bikes, because we are getting towards the ride it and tweek it stages.
urbaindk

Postby urbaindk » October 10th, 2013, 2:03 pm

DIG GRILL CHILL. I know it's short notice but now that the dirt is moved we need to put the hammer down and finish the pump track at the Stony Creek Mountain Bike Skills Park. Here's the plan SUNDAY 10/13 at NOON, I'll have the tool trailer and a grill and about 5 lbs of bratwurst (leftover from MFO), refreshing beverages, etc. Once we pack it in, we ride. Come on out and help wrap up this project. Thanks to IMBA, Fox, and Stony Creek for helping it happen.
urbaindk

Return to Volunteers Needed