MCMBA: Maybury

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Maybury

Postby DynoDon » October 2nd, 2013, 8:13 am

It disappeared before the race in Aug... maybe the elbino turkey took it... the Phantom, or a ghost from Mayburys past... that was one fun bump in the trail.
DynoDon

Postby DNR_Maybury » October 2nd, 2013, 8:15 am

I know my staff had nothing to do with it being removed. Don, do you think that finding/fixing this is something we could solicit volunteers to work on? Also, if anyone knows of who may be taking rocks off the trail or removing items from any features, let me know asap. Obviously the persons contact info or plate number will suffice for me to find out who they are. If we were to change or eliminate a feature from the trail we would post it here PRIOR to doing the work.
Trevor McGinn
Lead Worker
Maybury State Park
DNR_Maybury

Postby IronMike » October 2nd, 2013, 11:31 am

That was a great launchable feature but it gave way to erosion early this year. Somebody put it back in place a few weeks ago, but of course that did not last since it's support had already eroded away. No bandit modder involved I'm sure. The boulder has just rolled somewhere nearby.
IronMike

Postby chisbang » October 2nd, 2013, 3:12 pm

Thanks Mike. Always glad to hear from you!
Don Chisholm
Assistant Trail Coordinator Maybury State Park
Maybury hermit; keeping an eye on the trail.
chisbang

Postby CTB » October 2nd, 2013, 5:39 pm

Sad to hear it eroded, but that makes me slightly happier than if somebody bandit-yanked it. Please post if you're going to have a volunteer time to put this back - I'd help.
CTB

Postby chisbang » October 2nd, 2013, 6:46 pm

CTB wrote:Sad to hear it eroded, but that makes me slightly happier than if somebody bandit-yanked it. Please post if you're going to have a volunteer time to put this back - I'd help.

Couldn't find the original rock, may have to wait till the leaves are gone to locate it. Stuck a placekeeper there for now. Trail was great tonight, lots of riders.
Don Chisholm
Assistant Trail Coordinator Maybury State Park
Maybury hermit; keeping an eye on the trail.
chisbang

Postby slukomski » October 2nd, 2013, 8:26 pm

Yes, it was great. Thought I could squeeze one in before the sun set so I went without lights. Bad idea. Don't get caught past 7:30 at Maybury without lights.
2012 Scott Scale 29 Elite
slukomski

Postby poirier » October 2nd, 2013, 9:51 pm

chisbang wrote:
CTB wrote:Sad to hear it eroded, but that makes me slightly happier than if somebody bandit-yanked it. Please post if you're going to have a volunteer time to put this back - I'd help.

Couldn't find the original rock, may have to wait till the leaves are gone to locate it. Stuck a placekeeper there for now. Trail was great tonight, lots of riders.

I put the original rock back in its place maybe two weeks ago. It wasn't sitting in its socket very well, but it was definitely the original rock. It weighs a ton, so I doubt it went far. I'd recommend two people to move it around when you find it.
poirier

Postby aaronmelch » October 5th, 2013, 7:45 am

Good Morning, today is Saturday October 6th. If anyone lives out near Maybury how was the rain last night and this morning. My buddy and I are hoping to get in a few loops today getting ready for the Iceman. Any info would be appreciated. thanks
aaronmelch

Postby slukomski » October 5th, 2013, 9:24 am

aaronmelch wrote:Good Morning, today is Saturday October 6th. If anyone lives out near Maybury how was the rain last night and this morning. My buddy and I are hoping to get in a few loops today getting ready for the Iceman. Any info would be appreciated. thanks

I'm about 4 miles south of Maybury and it rained pretty hard around 5-6am this morning. Roads are wet around here so Maybury is probably pretty muddy.
2012 Scott Scale 29 Elite
slukomski

Postby Leroi Brown » October 5th, 2013, 10:39 am

Avoid - it rained buckets last night. I was hoping to get a few laps in today as well, but will have to wait :-(
"Falling down the mountain
End up kissing dirt
Look a little closer
Sometimes it wouldn't hurt" - INXS - Kiss The Dirt

Cross Country Cycle Racing
www.crosscountrycycle.com
Leroi Brown

Postby spin doctor » October 6th, 2013, 11:15 am

Even though the right side rock is AWOL, I've always used the left side rock as a small launch pad. It's still there and works as well as ever, even though the lead in to it is a bit sketchy. You have to hit it right otherwise it's endo time and I have the torn shirts to prove it.
spin doctor

Postby barry007 » October 7th, 2013, 10:27 pm

trails in great shape...only 3 small spots tonight. watch out for the leaves over roots though - they'll knock you on your *beep* quickly.
"You can't be defeated if you're still Fighting"
barry007

Postby bender13 » October 14th, 2013, 9:55 am

Trail was in great shape yesterday. Get out and ride, this weather will not last.

You may even see the mythical albino turkey (and friend).

image by jeffandjulie13, on Flickr

Jeff
Trails-Edge Racing
National Mountain Bike Patrol
bender13

Postby comprog2000 » October 14th, 2013, 8:50 pm

bender13 wrote:Trail was in great shape yesterday. Get out and ride, this weather will not last.

You may even see the mythical albino turkey (and friend).

image by jeffandjulie13, on Flickr

Jeff

Seen him many times!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2
comprog2000

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments