Northeast: Pine Haven

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Postby chris_werth » September 20th, 2006, 7:24 am

How is the trail looking for the 30 miles of Pain ?
chris_werth

Postby rmtaylorIII » March 31st, 2007, 9:37 pm

Mud. Don't ride too much. Very soft. Fell once.
rmtaylorIII

Postby buccilli15 » April 2nd, 2007, 8:38 am

Went out yesterday. Muddy areas, not too bad. I rode about 3/4's of the single track (avoided the area by e-way), and some of the other areas..
buccilli15

Postby urbanassault » July 7th, 2007, 9:42 pm

The trail is dry and in good condition. There's a couple of areas where the horses did some damage when the trail was soft. A good ride overall.
urbanassault

Postby Snowybunting » December 20th, 2007, 9:37 am

On my way from Farwell back to Detroit area, I stopped by to see where this trail was for future reference. Easy enough to find off of 10, but the trailhead sign said it was closed to mountain biking during xc-ski season. I hope to be able to give a report in the spring/summer since it doesn't appear to get a lot of traffic.
Snowybunting

Re: Northeast: Pine Haven

Postby JAKEHAERTEL » June 24th, 2009, 8:11 pm

Went out yesterday morning. Trails were very wet and very muddy. The holes and pits from the mud are more severe than I remember, having not ridden there in a while.

Let it dry... it was terrible.
JAKEHAERTEL

Postby shoffman » June 25th, 2009, 2:12 pm

JAKEHAERTEL wrote:Went out yesterday morning. Trails were very wet and very muddy. The holes and pits from the mud are more severe than I remember, having not ridden there in a while.

Let it dry... it was terrible.

With all the recent rain, the best local trail I can recommend is the Mid Michigan Community College trail in Harrison. It's on high ground and has handled all the rain this year with no issues...
shoffman

Postby atolwin » July 6th, 2009, 1:48 pm

Rode Pine Haven yesterday. It was the first time and it is clear that familiarity with a trail makes a difference. But this trail is not kept up and is quite overgrown. In places it is hard to find the trail. There are several unjumpable trees down in very strategic spots that point to injury. In addition, it is known that this trail is always very moist and riding it is hard for us who are squeemish about rutting the trail.

In short, not worth the effort to get there, but with work, it could be a serious ride.
atolwin

Postby shoffman » September 9th, 2009, 12:43 pm

Rode the Pine Haven course last week.... it's in great shape. All the recent deadfall has been removed and the trail is dry and fast!
shoffman

Postby TEAMBAMF » April 29th, 2010, 3:38 pm

is this trail still in service? the last couple posts from last year sound bad, just wondering if anyone has been out there in 2010 and if its worth going the extra distance past Midland Forest
TEAMBAMF

Postby OJTien » April 19th, 2012, 9:37 pm

My brother and I spent a couple hours cleaning a good section today. Raking and removing debris. This trail has a lot of potential but needs some more work and some riders. It has some short downhills and room to grow. If anyone from the area wants to organize a trail day I can bring some help!
OJTien

Postby OJTien » April 21st, 2012, 9:27 am

The swampy area along the freeway has had more logs laid in it, should make it more rideable in bad weather.
OJTien

Postby OJTien » May 3rd, 2012, 6:58 pm

We've raked several more sections of single track and cleared more of the fallen trees. The trail is about 80% rideable, with many of the cross country ski paths completely open and adding to potential riding options. If you can get out and ride the trails, do. They need some more TLC but a lot more tires!
OJTien

Postby OJTien » May 16th, 2012, 3:31 pm

Trail is drying out nicely, and more of the paths have been raked and bushwhacked. A few unrideable swampy sections and a few trees down but a lot of progress has been made! Get out and ride it!
OJTien

Postby turbotoad » July 5th, 2012, 6:13 pm

Rode here on Sunday July 1. Was DRY and hot out. The Mountain Bike "Singletrack" was fun but a bit short and somewhat confusing to follow at points ( would occationally dump out onto main ski trail for short periods). I also rode most of the ski trail system too. Only had to dismount a couple times because of fallen trees. And just as I was pulling into the parking lot some hoarse rideres were entering the trails. There was some *beep* and hoof marks along quite a bit of the main trails :cry:
turbotoad

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions