Poto: Potawatomi

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Potawatomi

Postby SteveF » September 6th, 2013, 7:54 pm

risnewski wrote:Best advice I have is to get there early and take it nice and slow and enjoy the scenery. Hammering is what tends to really wear folks out fast.

That's damned good advice--it's a beautiful area and a ride worth savoring. Even the road parts are scenic. And "nice and slow" plays right into my strong suit. :wink:
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
SteveF

Postby FREEDOM35 » September 7th, 2013, 4:23 am

I usually get there around 7-7:30 a.m., and always find the main lot to be pretty packed. I'm hoping with the cooler morning weather, folks will decide to start a little later. Either way, just have fun and avoid an injury. There's beer in them thar hills! I'll also be there with some Glenfiddich and steaks, so I will probably hit the afterburners about half-way through.
No one likes to admit they ate nine cans of ravioli
FREEDOM35

Postby MLKuhl » September 7th, 2013, 3:02 pm

Great time again at the TTC today! Trail was perfectly marked and trimmed. Thanks again to Poto chapter, Tree Fort, and Arbor Brewing (forget anyone?) Still can't beleive this is a free event, always feel like I should pay something. I do always make sure to buy a couple commerative beer mugs each year though.
Matt
MLKuhl

Postby jmf003 » September 7th, 2013, 3:09 pm

MLKuhl wrote:Great time again at the TTC today! Trail was perfectly marked and trimmed. Thanks again to Poto chapter, Tree Fort, and Arbor Brewing (forget anyone?) Still can't beleive this is a free event, always feel like I should pay something. I do always make sure to buy a couple commerative beer mugs each year though.

+1. Great organization, great route, and a great day to be out riding.
jmf003

Postby jthomp » September 7th, 2013, 4:30 pm

jmf003 wrote:
MLKuhl wrote:Great time again at the TTC today! Trail was perfectly marked and trimmed. Thanks again to Poto chapter, Tree Fort, and Arbor Brewing (forget anyone?) Still can't beleive this is a free event, always feel like I should pay something. I do always make sure to buy a couple commerative beer mugs each year though.

+1. Great organization, great route, and a great day to be out riding.

Yes, all of this.

Thanks to everybody who made this happen.
Life BYGG is all there is.
jthomp

Postby Spartan_Don » September 7th, 2013, 5:00 pm

Thanks for a great event!

Mike_M? I have your growler. PM me so I can get it back to you.
Spartan_Don

Postby Xtian1206= » September 7th, 2013, 5:35 pm

had fun today with my riding buddies.. thank you for the organizers and sponsors...
Xtian1206=

Postby sisu » September 7th, 2013, 6:20 pm

Yes, thanks to Arbor Brewing, Tree Fort and Poto Chapter. I'd happily pay for this event--maybe next year (with the Waterloo project and all) have a collection jar for donations or an optional registration fee?

Very well-run event.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
sisu

Postby slukomski » September 7th, 2013, 7:47 pm

sisu wrote:Yes, thanks to Arbor Brewing, Tree Fort and Poto Chapter. I'd happily pay for this event--maybe next year (with the Waterloo project and all) have a collection jar for donations or an optional registration fee?

Very well-run event.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

+1. I'd gladly pay for this event. Thanks to all who put this together!
2012 Scott Scale 29 Elite
slukomski

Postby i69whitey » September 8th, 2013, 7:35 am

Great job all! What a great event. Over 40 miles of trail-a-bike fun.
To the folks who shot photos of us, would do me a favor please post.
-whitey
"...So whether you have got 29-, 26- or 20-inch wheels, whether you ride XC or DH, whether you've got boobs or balls, i hear you. Let's go ride." - Rachel Atherton
"Ride your bike, sleep when your dead." - dirt
http://thehubofdetroit.org/
i69whitey

Postby djansen00 » September 12th, 2013, 1:55 pm

Hey folks, next Saturday the 21st is the Dances with Dirt race. That means tons of runners all day long on the Poto. Please avoid riding this day if at all possible as it won't be fun for you or for them.

Also, the Poto Chapter will be running the beer tent there and we need volunteers. If you are available to help please post back here, on our Facebook page or email info@potomba.org. This is going to be a big fund raiser for us and will be another step toward making the Waterloo Trail development project a reality.
Dave
Wheels in Motion Racing - http://wimracing.org
Dirty Dropouts Email Ride List - https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/dirtydropouts
djansen00

Postby countryboy_mike » September 12th, 2013, 7:04 pm

Im in for helping. I can do the 10:30 to 2:30 shift. I also replied on the FB post.
There will be more rejoicing in heaven for one sinner who repents than for 99 rightous people who do not need to repent. Luke 15:7
2011 Motobecane 9357 Fly
2013 KHS SJ100
1994 Trek 930
BYGG MTB Racing
countryboy_mike

Postby teach58 » September 13th, 2013, 6:16 am

Any updated trail conditions to report? I understand there were some recent strong storms in the area.
Thanks.
teach58

Postby hackerj » September 13th, 2013, 9:17 am

Rode Poto last night, in the dark in the rain. It rained just enough for the trail to tack up nicely, get a little slick in some spots. But all in all not too messy. If it rains any more today it may need to dry a little, but I doubt it. Weekend looks good so far.
hackerj

Postby teach58 » September 14th, 2013, 3:57 am

Thanks!
teach58

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments