MCMBA: Milford

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Milford

Postby Copema71 » August 20th, 2013, 9:34 am

Every time I ride the Milford trail the utility companies have leveled a section of it and every time the trail is repaired and even improved. It's like magic! I love coming to Milford to be challenged and surprised at what the trail throws at me. Great job, Bill.
Copema71

Postby amadkins » August 28th, 2013, 7:07 pm

Surprisingly good shape for the amount of rain we had last night. The doe that's always out there is getting really tame, she just sat there about 10 feet in front of me blocking the trail and eating while she looked at me. I'll try to get a pic up, she was totally uninterested in me.
amadkins

Postby jbolenbaugh » September 2nd, 2013, 1:20 pm

Trail is in OK shape. water in the usual spots. The big surprise was a pool of water about 1.5 miles in after the down hill at the bridge immediately before the uphill right. It sprays you a whole bunch if your going fast down the hill...
Team : Wheels In Motion
Great Quotes
"I really love my 29er cannondale single speed, but now that strava exists and I live next to ILRA i'm going to need some gears to look better"
"Quote Redacted" -Racing Greyhounds member
jbolenbaugh

Postby mwilson7 » September 16th, 2013, 6:16 pm

Trail is in great shape today! Probably my best ride of the year at this trail!

Saw Bill while I was out there cleaning up the trail. Thanks again Bill!!!
Mark
mwilson7

Postby shredbetty61 » September 22nd, 2013, 8:27 pm

How are trail conditions after heavy rain Friday? thanks
shredbetty61

Postby mwilson7 » September 23rd, 2013, 5:09 am

Although I didn't ride the trail this weekend I can tell you that we didn't get the rain that hammered Detroit last Friday so I would expect the trail to be in great shape.
Mark
mwilson7

Postby Hermannator » September 23rd, 2013, 7:55 pm

he trail was great, but a bit sandy on Sunday.
Hermannator

Postby gf101 » September 25th, 2013, 2:24 pm

I lost a small red seat bag on Tuesday Sept 24. Not worth much to anyone but me. Hope someone spots it. THX
gf101

Postby Steve_Balogh » September 27th, 2013, 9:43 pm

Had the day off work, rode here, nice day to be out. Trail is in great shape, but there's a couple loose sandy downhills to watch your speed on.
Steve_Balogh

Postby jbolenbaugh » October 5th, 2013, 3:33 pm

Trail is in decent shape after the rain. Only the "new section" is a bit wet. But... The new new section is awesome! The reroute is just before the dam start trail crossing, it eliminates the very very sandy left hand turn right before the crossing, and adds ~ 15 seconds or so.

Thanks to Bill for the hard work on this section.
Great Quotes
"I really love my 29er cannondale single speed, but now that strava exists and I live next to ILRA i'm going to need some gears to look better"
jbolenbaugh

Postby Builder-Bill » October 9th, 2013, 9:07 am

Added a new section to the trail last week, come ride it in.
Bill TC
Builder-Bill

Postby vette-ss » October 15th, 2013, 7:58 pm

Trail was great tonight for a couple laps. Coming rain may change that though. Leaves are coming down but didn't bother me much at my pace. Rode the new section. That second little hill looks like it could be good for catching some good air with the right speed. Good work on that. One thing I've never seen until today at Milford is deer, and there were a ton of them. I'm sure I kept seeing the same ones multiple times, but I know there were at least two, maybe three groupings. I've never encountered so many deer in one ride. They let you walk up to within 5 feet so they must be used to people out there.
vette-ss

Postby jbolenbaugh » October 24th, 2013, 6:34 pm

More awesome work from Bill it seems. The new cut from this spring was reworked and filled in with limestone (i think its limestone any way) and bill made a bunch of berms which really speed up the section and provide drainage along with the newly installed run off areas. Come ride it and help pack down the trail!
Great Quotes
jbolenbaugh

Postby mwilson7 » October 29th, 2013, 5:07 am

Rode the new section last night and I think it's a great improvement! Also like the changes to last years section. Should help a lot when it rains.

Milford Trail keeps getting better and better!
Mark
mwilson7

Postby Builder-Bill » October 29th, 2013, 4:57 pm

Last week I installed in the low area 2 culverts and raised the trail up with some NASCAR corners... :wink: :wink:
Also I added a water retention / drainage area to the same low area , It should help with drainage.
In the spring I will add some more stone to the area.

Bill Milford TC
Builder-Bill

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments