MCMBA: Munson

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro South: Munson

Postby Steve_Balogh » February 14th, 2009, 5:27 pm

Lost cause today. By the time I was there the snow was nothing like what I cleared out of my driveway. Water everywhere, there' a large section of water blocking the path to the bridge, too muddy to ride through. Outside of that, the Raisin looks like it's ready to overflow under the Telegraph Road overpass. I went over to Sterling SP but the snow was just slop on the pavement.
Steve_Balogh

Postby brickwall00 » August 2nd, 2009, 11:46 am

anyone know if Munson is ridable. would like to take my daughter down there today.
Thanks for any info.
brickwall00

Postby Rod » August 2nd, 2009, 2:25 pm

Was out there for a bit on the front loop. There was one guy that I passed that said there was a big tree down in the back half. Front looked good except for the usual muddy spots. Bring bug spray for sure if you plan on stopping. I brought my 3 boys 4,6,and 8. The two olders ones were no problem. My youngest just learned how to ride without training wheels so we only did a little today. Spent most of the time riding around the outer gravel track.
Rod

Postby MMeglen » August 6th, 2009, 11:19 pm

Am looking to go out there next week. How are trial conditions of the loops? Thread seems dead...
MMeglen

Postby Rod » August 7th, 2009, 7:08 am

I'll try and get out there with my older boys sometime this weekend to update the thread here.
Rod

Postby bringjustn » March 19th, 2010, 5:10 pm

rode munson today, the trail is dry, front loop had 2 trees down moved one, the other one needs cut. however the trail in from the parking lot (any of them going back there) is a mud pit or a sponge or both.
bringjustn

Postby CoachYork » May 24th, 2010, 4:07 pm

I'd avoid this trail until the sun has a chance to dry it out. We got maybe 200-400 yards into the 1.8 mile loop and turned around as the majority of the trail looked underwater and didn't seem to look better down the path.
"You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later." Mitch Hedberg
CoachYork

Postby fattyclark » May 24th, 2010, 4:27 pm

If I end up moving back home I might have to see if we can get a better trail built in Monroe County Maybe out at MCCC they got some land out there that might be fun to build a little trail in. We could get a Mile and half loop in on area and if this other piece of woods is there we could put another mile in. I would be small but I could make it fun.lol
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity
Out in Michigan
River Raisin Guide Service
fattyclark

Postby Rod » May 24th, 2010, 8:23 pm

Better built as in?
Rod

Postby Rod » May 24th, 2010, 8:27 pm

CoachYork wrote:I'd avoid this trail until the sun has a chance to dry it out. We got maybe 200-400 yards into the 1.8 mile loop and turned around as the majority of the trail looked underwater and didn't seem to look better down the path.

Try coming from the other direction in if it's been raining like this (for the front trail). You'll ride the majority of the dry stuff until the front. Same thing with the back. It's a mess at the entrance and the exit but in the middle is really nice. I'm going to try and do more boardwalk in the back.

Just the nature of that trail, we hit as many high spots as we could but all this rain made some big mud puddles out there. Won't be clean out there for a month or two.
Rod

Postby fattyclark » May 24th, 2010, 8:39 pm

every time I am down there and have the bike with me there is nothing but water on the trail. Seems like it is always wet out there is all.
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity
Out in Michigan
River Raisin Guide Service
fattyclark

Postby don_delagrange » July 8th, 2010, 9:17 pm

Rode the trail last night. The trails are in great shape. The first bit of trail on the front loop is like concrete.

The back loop has lots of small dead fall so it's pretty loose in the turns.
don_delagrange

Postby froggyrider » July 16th, 2010, 2:29 pm

Yes, the TC mentioned that the downed trees are taken care of. Both trails are rideable. Thanks to Scott Goocher and his crew for that.
froggyrider

Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. Dorothy Parker

Postby Rod » August 2nd, 2010, 12:49 pm

Rode yesterday with all my boys. First time out on his 20" mtb for my youngest guy at 5. Super proud of him for riding about 4.5 miles of the 5.5.

Onto the trail. SUPRISINGLY nice and moist with no standing water anywhere on the trail. Front trail is in tip top shape (gets the most use). Back trail is a tight with the foliage for the first 30 yards or so but nothing you can't get through. Also, someone took it upon themsleves to start throwing in random crappily constructed log piles in the back trail. No biggie for 26/29 although it really killed any flow in some places. Lots of random sticks and such in the trail too. Time for a trail day out there for the back section.
Rod

Postby sally_2000 » November 20th, 2010, 8:28 pm

Rode this trail today with 5 riders ranging from from beginner to fast . We all liked it ! Twisty , some bridges, roots , but flat (great recovery ride) I liked the log piles and the one funny turn where ya have to ride the side of a crater situation or get stuck in a rut. (there probably is a tech term for what I am trying to describe )There are 2, 2+ or- mile trails (loops) not many riders today >so we (whisper) did the trails both ways , made it more interesting . We did the trails 4 times each & it made for a real decent ride ! So this trail is great for beginners cause no hills ..but is somewhat techical & can still get speed or just learn the turn. And it is well maintained & ya can't make a wrong turn. . Thanks for the nice trail!
sally_2000

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions