Poto: Olson Park/Ann Arbor Loop

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Olson Park/Ann Arbor Loop

Postby raptorTC » November 2nd, 2012, 1:29 pm

Man, so many leaves! They are pretty slippery too, had to save myself with a dab a few times while trying to go a little too quickly through the turns. The dirt is getting kind of loose in some corners too, most notably in Olson. I lost my front tire on a turn and got to know the ground pretty well.
raptorTC

Postby Geff » January 8th, 2013, 2:41 pm

Leroi Brown wrote:Lemme know, Bcar - I'll help!

Me too!
Geff

Postby Geff » February 4th, 2013, 8:44 am

Bcar wrote:Got out on Sat, trail is rocking!

no updates on the reroute and new trail. City has the ball in their court. Looking like they're going to open it up for public comment etc, but we havent heard back officially yet. stay tuned, may need another waterloo type call-out/show-up ;)

Right on! Thanks for the update! :icon_thumright:
Geff

Postby glr » March 8th, 2013, 6:54 pm

I will probably take you up on that, when conditions allow. I drive by the park 5 days a week and i'm looking forward to getting some good riding in the near future.
Grass Lake S+T Park - TC
<><
Yeah, the fatbike is mine...
glr

Postby 300hp » March 31st, 2013, 9:37 pm

Conditions update:

We're very fortunate to have hills in Ann Arbor. I rode a mixed 30 miles yesterday.....everything from dirt roads (warren is hardpack, wicked fast, and not sloppy at all) to pavement, b2b, and sections of non local loop trail. There is no mud on my bike. The worst thing going was all the salt on the b2b. Avoid with your fancy MTB. Normal surface streets are clear though. If you have the sense to ride trails that have direct drainage and loose, open substrate, you can certainly add a splash of wild to your dirt road rides. If it's flat, or clay, stay off. If you can't tell the difference, stay off all together.

I've got to agree with Bcar and IPB on this. Keep Ann Arbor wild. Every year I live and ride here, I find out about more stuff. What started out as a three mile loop behind my apartment has turned into a 9 mile loop....without having to cross a road. I hope to have at least 20 miles of trail strung together by the time riding season is in full swing.....not including the "local loop"

We are fortunate to have lots and lots of unregulated park land, and a community committed to preserving its green spaces. We are fortunate to have trail workers who keep stuff going for the sheer love of the sport, not to ask for outpourings of gratitude. Trail workers who go well out of their way to keep a low profile.

I love riding by myself and exploring, and I love riding with people. I know bcar does too. Chances are if you ask, like I did, someone will show you around.

But you can't blame people for being coy. I'm working hard to make a career for myself in Washtenaw county, because I can't think of any other places in Michigan below the 45th paralel with this many different kinds of riding accessible without getting into a car.
300hp

Postby Leroi Brown » April 1st, 2013, 10:16 am

Totally agree with 300 and Bcar on this!!
"Falling down the mountain
End up kissing dirt
Look a little closer
Sometimes it wouldn't hurt" - INXS - Kiss The Dirt

Cross Country Cycle Racing
www.crosscountrycycle.com
Leroi Brown

Postby havlidan1 » April 14th, 2013, 6:18 pm

I went out today, it's too wet to ride without feeling guilty. Bluffs was too muddy for sure, Langford was ok but still pretty muddy in spots. I'd give it a few days. I ended up cutting the ride short.
havlidan1

Postby Geff » April 19th, 2013, 4:15 pm

shippenville wrote:Looks like we could be loosing a nice bit of trail by the Leslie golf course if this complex gets put in:

http://www.annarbor.com/business-review ... c-meeting/

Not sure how that affects A2 loop all that much, but for natural and aesthetic purposes, it will be a loss to the area. Ride and run past it all the time. Will now have to look at more housing development. :icon_puke_l: :icon_puke_r:
Geff

Postby raptorTC » April 20th, 2013, 7:27 pm

Yeah, looks to be far enough East and on the other slide of the golf course as to not impact the local loop trail through Leslie. Still its always sad to see wilderness go the way of housing development.
raptorTC

Postby ChrisInYpsi » May 2nd, 2013, 8:08 pm

Olson is good to go. A few soft spots that if you ride down the middle will be fine.

I need someone to show me the uber top secret AA loop. I have problems getting to the WIM rides on Wed nights due to my crazy work schedule. Are there any other opportunities to be initiated into the full-loop-knower-club?
ChrisInYpsi

Postby jmf003 » May 25th, 2013, 4:43 pm

Rode the local loop and two laps of Olson Park this morning. Still some face slappers but the trail is in great shape.
jmf003

Postby oogs » June 11th, 2013, 6:06 pm

Cool, thanks! I am very interested to see someone else's version of the loop.
oogs

Postby Bcar » June 11th, 2013, 6:13 pm

oogs wrote:Cool, thanks! I am very interested to see someone else's version of the loop.

If you ask 10 people what the loop is, you'll get 20 answers ;)
A2 Local Loop TC
The Steeper the better...
If they call it Tourist Season, why can't we shoot them??
Bcar

Postby 300hp » July 30th, 2013, 6:59 pm

oogs wrote:
Bcar wrote:Sweet. Thanks. We don't really do much in black pond/nature area. That's the NAPs backyard, and they shoul;d take care of it.

NAP?

Big Brother.
300hp

Postby sisu » August 9th, 2013, 8:30 pm

Out of town. Nxt wk?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
sisu
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions