Postby pfox90 » May 4th, 2011, 9:55 pm

See past 5 posts
------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
pfox90

Re: Mid-State: Anderson Park

Postby rvd » May 4th, 2011, 10:24 pm

jonw9 wrote:Here is a map of today's ride. I am pretty sure that I rode every option out there.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/83530557

You only missed that tiny connector piece in red, that moves you back to near the start of he red loop. There always was a double red arrow there on a post with a car tire around it.
rvd

Postby jonw9 » May 5th, 2011, 7:30 am

rvd wrote:
jonw9 wrote:Here is a map of today's ride. I am pretty sure that I rode every option out there.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/83530557

You only missed that tiny connector piece in red, that moves you back to near the start of he red loop. There always was a double red arrow there on a post with a car tire around it.

Maybe. I think I finished my ride through there. It is hard to define the "start" of Red. Do you mean by the parking area, or the spot up the hill with the tree/log crossing?
"Seriously though, you clearly think a lot more than I do when you are riding." -jajones
"You're going to suffer on a single speed, you might as well suffer going faster." - Indigenous
jonw9

Postby centralRH » May 5th, 2011, 2:36 pm

I will not be signing the split on the blue loop back by the river. The trail takes you to the same spot (as Jon described), thus no need for a sign. Hopefully, I will get the signs up on the green loop soon. When there are two arrows the bottom arrow takes an inner loop or short-cut. In other words, if you want to ride the section of the red loop back by the river over and over follow the bottom arrow. If you want to return towards the road follow the top. Some may not like these options, but once you get to know how all the loops go together you can link together some pretty good options to add variety to the trail. I do kind of a figure 8 with the blue and red loops.

I will get working on a new map, but there is only so much I can do. Should I add locations of the sign posts to the maps? Also, I will not be leaving copies of maps at the trail heads, but I will post an updated link here and on the Facebook page that could be downloaded and printed.
centralRH

Postby jonw9 » May 5th, 2011, 2:43 pm

I think little circle on the map would be cool for post locations, just so people can use as reference.
"Seriously though, you clearly think a lot more than I do when you are riding." -jajones
"You're going to suffer on a single speed, you might as well suffer going faster." - Indigenous
jonw9

Postby flynnster » May 5th, 2011, 3:39 pm

A big +1 to that!
flynnster

Postby alec » May 5th, 2011, 7:24 pm

Rode Anderson today and it was fantastic! Thank you so much to Brad and the crew for all their hard work. The new, blue section is really cool. It even has sort of a climb in it. The trail is in great shape except for the one wet area after the second berm on Red that was mentioned above. The only other wet spots were so minor that they weren't even worth worrying about.
alec

Postby pfox90 » May 5th, 2011, 7:41 pm

Everyone ride the new section on the blue trail so I don't have to ride soft loamy soil the entire season.
------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
pfox90

Postby Overdrive » May 5th, 2011, 8:07 pm

alec wrote:Rode Anderson today and it was fantastic! Thank you so much to Brad and the crew for all their hard work. The new, blue section is really cool. It even has sort of a climb in it. The trail is in great shape except for the one wet area after the second berm on Red that was mentioned above. The only other wet spots were so minor that they weren't even worth worrying about.

+1 (and a lot more) to Brad for his vision for this trail system and all the logistics, meetings, mega hours and the rest that have gone into over the past few years to make this be a great local trail.

The whole thing flows really well and I'll be heading over there more often. Thanks
Overdrive

Postby pfox90 » May 6th, 2011, 11:28 am

Gonna ride tmrw morning @ 10am before I work. Suppose to be warm and sunny in the morning and afternoon showers.
------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
pfox90

Postby centralRH » May 6th, 2011, 3:59 pm

New map. This will be posted in the kiosk soon.

Link to url for download: https://picasaweb.google.com/bpotter08/AndersonMaps2011?authkey=Gv1sRgCLSys7Hy3MjN6gE#5603708870456932546
centralRH

Postby pfox90 » May 6th, 2011, 4:54 pm

Thanks brad looks about right ;)
------__o
----_`\<,_
---(_)/ (_)
pfox90

Postby TenSpeed » May 7th, 2011, 2:26 pm

That new stunt in the playground is sooooo sweet!! Smooth as butter now that the entrance was fixed up a little. Once that mud dries, it will be perfect.
2014 miles/goal: 3120/2500
2015 miles/goal: 5019/5000
2016 miles/goal: 3984/6000
TenSpeed

Postby AllMountin' » May 7th, 2011, 4:22 pm

Things are really shaping up out there. Got in about 13 miles. About 1/2 mile was doing circles at the new log ride. :-) Love it. A little challenge, with minimal risk.

Nice work guys.
--=Steve=--

Tom Robbins wrote:It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
AllMountin'

Postby reidabel » May 7th, 2011, 4:38 pm

Nice map, though it might need one more proofing before it goes prime-time! I can't read a lot of it because the text is too small in this image, but definitely check for the proper spelling of trespassing ...

I need to get out there and try these new things!
reidabel

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions