MCMBA: Lakeshore Park (Novi)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Novi

Postby thejode » July 10th, 2013, 8:00 pm

Is muddy now. Will be great tomorrow if it doesn't rain.
thejode

Postby ColorVoyeur » July 10th, 2013, 8:26 pm

If it's as wet as it has been the last couple weeks, please use caution riding the pump track. It generally dries much faster than the rest of the trail, but these are my favorite periods for building so many features that look freshly groomed are way too wet to ride.

If you leave tracks entering the first couple rollers, please get off without locking up your brakes. The first sets of rollers dry the fastest, so if they're soft, the whole track is probably way too soft.
DO NOT KEEP RIDING THE JUMPS AND BERMS WITH YOUR BRAKES LOCKED UP!

I try to leave the track open through changes and maintenance, but today I blocked the entrance off with some buckets... please stay clear when you see them if you don't want a shovel thrown your way and you don't have a beer for me. If you see me guinea pigging during these short closures, trust me when I say you don't want to be riding what I'm riding and I don't need extra patching after these sessions.
No Dig, No Ride
ColorVoyeur

Postby Loren » July 11th, 2013, 6:51 pm

ajrunn wrote:Small downed tree between 6 & 7.

Cleared.
Loren

Postby ColorVoyeur » July 14th, 2013, 7:57 am

To whomever is destroying my hard work at the pump track:

Pray I don't catch you. Not only will it be trivial to beat you to death with my shovels, I have no qualms using a dead body to build new rollers if that's what I'm pushed to.

Also, please stop stealing my tools... I'm very near not being able to afford to dig anymore due to inconsiderate pricks like you.

Weeks like this make me want to give it all up and go back to private / bandit builds.

edit ** The threats of violence are hyperbole. I wouldn't want a human roller anyway... too much work.
I'd actually love to know who is spending the time digging out there.... I could use the work if it wasn't so terrible and I could guide the bandits toward our trail goals. I'm even nice enough to help design and build lines you want... always open for recommendations!
No Dig, No Ride
ColorVoyeur

Postby mpw29er » July 14th, 2013, 8:00 pm

I went for a ride around 6:30 this evening and it was in great shape. I had no bug issues and despite the 88 degree temperatures the conditions were great! Less than two weeks to the relay!
mpw29er

Postby mrbikester » July 15th, 2013, 9:59 pm

We rode the trail mid afternoon and it was in perfect shape. No complaints at all except the biting flies toward end of trail. The pump track is lots of fun and thanks to those that have worked hard on it.
That whole section after the crater is some of the best flowing singletrack in metro area. Love it.
It was so hot today and we chose Novi trail because no hills and lots of shade made it the best choice.
mrbikester

Postby mjbl » July 24th, 2013, 8:48 pm

Rode late today, a few muddy areas but majority of trail bed is stable. No trees down.
Wake up happy.
mjbl

Postby GreeneRob » July 24th, 2013, 9:45 pm

There was a tree down around mile 7.5 as of 6pm or so.
GreeneRob

Postby mrbikester » July 30th, 2013, 7:15 pm

We rode trail late this afternoon and overall it was in great condition considering the recent rains and the Relay Race on Saturday. There were just a few muddy spots but nothing awful. As we were leaving there sure were a lot of people out there for the Tuesday group ride. Nice to see so many enthusiastic mountain bikers. The weather doesn't get better than this for riding.
mrbikester

Postby tony 340 » August 4th, 2013, 7:11 pm

Trail was grest today.
tony 340

Postby SteveF » August 10th, 2013, 7:12 am

How's it looking this weekend?
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
SteveF

Postby Xtian1206= » August 10th, 2013, 7:30 pm

third ride of the season for me at Novi and today was PICTURE PERFECT!!!! wish this would be the case all the time.
Xtian1206=

Postby mrbikester » August 10th, 2013, 8:13 pm

Rode today with Mike Blitz and the trail was in PERFECT condition. Had a blast and love the flow of this trail. This weather is fantastic for riding.
The Eagle scouts were out there replacing lots of the benches with new ones and working on the bat houses. So I was told.
mrbikester

Postby mjbl » August 22nd, 2013, 11:55 pm

Rode trail late this afternoon and it was perfect. Go ride and be happy. :icon_cheers:
Wake up happy.
mjbl

Postby mrbikester » August 24th, 2013, 9:04 pm

We rode trail and it was in perfect shape today. A little dry but not complaining as this trail is nasty when really wet.
Found one long fingered glove and turned it in at entrance shack.
mrbikester

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions