Poto: Sharon Mills

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Sharon Mills

Postby hotspurr » May 22nd, 2013, 5:32 pm

Hi All,

Trail maintenance is a bit behind this spring for two reasons: 1) our trail coordinator is recovering from rotator cuff surgery and can't do any heavy work, and 2) the riding mower he uses to mow the trail is temporarily out of commission. We are looking at getting the mower fixed. In the meantime, we could use help with mowing the trail and other activities. If you can help out contact me (734-426-5737) or Mike (734-475-8203).

Cheers, Norm
hotspurr

Postby BusDriver » June 2nd, 2013, 6:13 am

Help is on the way.....
Life Behind Bars

http://www.wolverinebeer.com/
http://www.treefortbikes.com/

MMBA Poto Chapter Brighton Trail Coordinator
BusDriver

Postby glr » July 14th, 2013, 10:55 pm

Any one been out here lately?
Grass Lake S+T Park - TC
<><
Yeah, the fatbike is mine...
glr

Postby hotspurr » April 15th, 2014, 11:45 am

Hi All,

An update on trail maintenance. The County says they will try to get a crew out to the park on the 24th to clear the fallen trees.

I hope to get out there this weekend and flag the temporary routes.

GLR, let me know when you might be available and we can rennovate the trail on the northside of the central treeline.

Cheers, Norm
hotspurr

Postby G.Cook » April 15th, 2014, 12:51 pm

Norm , let me know if he need help with the renovation part .
G.Cook

Postby hotspurr » April 29th, 2014, 6:48 pm

Hi All,

The Washtenaw Co. Parks crew visited the park again today and I pointed out to them the rest of the downed trees that needed to be removed. They did a great job. Thanks Bryan and Kevin, we really appreciate your help.

The trail along the northside of the center treeline is now passable, but needs work to bring it back to a rideable state; mainly mowing and raking with a little lopping and clipping.

The fallen tree impediments to reconstructing the trail in the NW corner of the park are are gone now, too. We will be holding a trail work day soon to support this activity.

Highlight of the day: A big female turkey flew up next to the Gator. TC Dan Roy has observed a flock of turkeys out there over the winter with as many as 30 birds.

Cheers, Norm
hotspurr

Postby glr » May 21st, 2014, 9:29 am

Glad I got my ride in yesterday! the new reroute in the northwest corner is great, a little rough but well laid out and a nice climb. as per usual the grass is a growin' but it was still very rideable. the reclaimed trail in the middle fencerow is awesome. it is a completely different trail than last year. also the river was hoppin' with critters. certainly a great place for an evening ride. if you haven't been here before, its worth the trip.
Grass Lake S+T Park - TC
<><
Yeah, the fatbike is mine...
glr

Postby hotspurr » August 9th, 2014, 9:10 am

Hi All,

The face slappers and ankle biters along the north and south sides of the old road bed have been trimmed back. The County has mowed roughly the north half of the main trail. The grass in the south half of the main trail and along the old road bed is getting long but it's still rideable/hikeable. Note, however, that recent storms have brought down some trees. There are four trees down on the river loop behind the houses near the dam. There are also four trees down along the south side of the old central road bed. If you are walking it's no problem to get around them. If you are biking you may have to carry your bike a few yards. We hope to get them cleared this week.
You may also notice that the weeds in the old field have been mowed on the hillside in the NE corner of the park. This was done by the County Parks Dept. to control invasive vegetation. The trail is still visible as the grassier, cleaner area.

Cheers, Norm
hotspurr

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions