CRAMBA: River Bends

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: River Bends

Postby c0nsumer » June 3rd, 2013, 4:48 pm

jer091 wrote:Yellow loop is good to ride except for all the dam pizza cutters from the last two days.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Sounds like a job for some fatbiking...
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby MCSmith » June 4th, 2013, 7:32 pm

Please tell me that was you or jeremy chewing those kids out on the 50cc dirt bikes..I was chasing them down for a while..heard some yelling at the new north exit...by the time I got to the entrance they were gone...
Clinton River Park Trail - Co-Trail Coordinator

2015 Salsa BlackBorow 1
MCSmith

Postby INEVTBL » June 23rd, 2013, 7:20 pm

Any pictures from today's trail day I really want to to see that rolling bridge in place :D

Also where on the trail did you guys place that bridge ?
2013 Trek Superfly 100 AL Pro.....2013 Trek X/Caliber
2015 Trek Farley 8................... 1985 Haro Masters Chrome/Flo-Green/White
2013 Trek Superfly AL Elite.........1987 Redline RL 20II California Red
INEVTBL

Postby Mboz » June 23rd, 2013, 7:37 pm

Just got back from trying out the new features with my daughter. Rock garden is nice (needs rain) and the bridge is great. Bridge is towards the end of yellow a few minutes before you come back out to the paved section. Definitely worth a couple rides.

Mark
Mboz

Postby FLIPMODES » July 7th, 2013, 8:44 pm

Rode RB this evening and I would say that 90% of the trail is perfect and the rest is soft/sloppy in certain spots.
8"-10" tree down just before the "warning" DH but no reason to dismount.
The most of the soft/sloppy was right after the drop feature.
The final switch back sections and new pump bridge are good to ride with no standing water.
I would suggest AVOID the new section for quite awhile. It's bad news even for the fat tire riders. Pizza cutters, standing water, misquotes, foot prints and mud up to your ankles.

Edit- :lol:
By "new section" I mean the new part of the trail that was added closest the trail head.

PS. rock garden is starting to look like a rock garden not a sand trap.
River Bends Park - Co-Trail Coordinator
River Bends trail conditions
CRAMBA-IMBA/NMBP member

2010 Trek Fuel EX 7
2012 Trek X-Cal 29er
2014 On-One Fatty
FLIPMODES

Postby utabintarbo » July 13th, 2013, 10:15 pm

Just in time for more rain! :icon_thumleft: :roll:
Addison Oaks TC

Current quiver

Impulse control fails me. ;)
utabintarbo

Postby 2slo2endo » July 25th, 2013, 8:23 am

Welcome from me too! And on that note, Any chance the yellow loop is rideable this evening? I gotta take my son's BMX bike in for repair, but would like to sneak in a ride...
2slo2endo

Postby 2slo2endo » July 25th, 2013, 7:55 pm

Addison is not too far either and can be combined with bald Mountain north for a great day...
Rode part of riverbends tonight.. a few muddy spots that need to be walked, a couple tree down near caution sign "valley"- one before and one after, neither one is hand sawable / someone is developing a shortcut into the switchbacks...and a serious rut has developed in the climb out of the caution valley... used it to practice climbing skills and kept trying to cross over the 6 inch deep & 6 inch wide rut... finally got stuck near the top :lol: pretty good series of mud pits in the rollers (where you can take the easier high path if desired)... did not ride the yellow trail we cut 2 summers ago or the new section, circled back and rode the old part again. Fun night! Oh yeah, and vegetation is growing under the drop...
Anyway, walk the mud, and enjoy!!!
2slo2endo

Postby 2slo2endo » July 25th, 2013, 7:55 pm

Addison is not too far either and can be combined with bald Mountain north for a great day...
Rode part of riverbends tonight.. a few muddy spots that need to be walked, a couple tree down near caution sign "valley"- one before and one after, neither one is hand sawable / someone is developing a shortcut into the switchbacks...and a serious rut has developed in the climb out of the caution valley... used it to practice climbing skills and kept trying to cross over the 6 inch deep & 6 inch wide rut... finally got stuck near the top :lol: pretty good series of mud pits in the rollers (where you can take the easier high path if desired)... did not ride the yellow trail we cut 2 summers ago or the new section, circled back and rode the old part again. Fun night! Oh yeah, and vegetation is growing under the drop...
Anyway, walk the mud, and enjoy!!!
2slo2endo

Postby jer091 » July 29th, 2013, 6:37 pm

~~**Official Trail Report 29 July 2013**~~

After this evenings recon / lopper loop here are the current conditions.

Yellow loop from trail head to "drag strip" in prime condition. 1 tree down after the large washed out downhill and just before the concrete armoring

Drag strip has 3 large hillside seeps that will eat all momentum, best use upper bypass for a few more days but this section has 1 tree down.

From drag strip to start of blue loop very good conditions.

Flood plain Blue loops has been abandoned from the start to the Edison Corridor climb due to unsustainable location.

The Clinton-Kalamazoo Canal segment of the blue loop is good.

"Between the trails" trail is drying out and completely ridable.

Rumors that "Nessie" has awoken from her aquatic slumber are founded as seen in the pic below. The 1/4 mile leading up to Nessie what was a muddy mess is drying out and needs traffic to pack the pizza cutters back down. Very fat bike friendly. Mud is not wet and very little sticks to the tires.

The new return trail built late last year is still unrideable.

Township has been notified about downed trees.

Get out and ride River Bends!
jer091

Postby c0nsumer » August 5th, 2013, 7:58 pm

A change at River Bends has appeared. Bonus points to whoever mentions it first. (Also, what do you all think of it? I think it mitigates a very awkward area...)
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby MCSmith » August 5th, 2013, 8:01 pm

I know I know..very nice work, in a much needed area!
Clinton River Park Trail - Co-Trail Coordinator

2015 Salsa BlackBorow 1
MCSmith

Postby volleybrad » August 10th, 2013, 7:12 pm

Everything is great except for that last little bit of the yellow loop that takes you back to the beginning. It's like quicksand. Avoid it!
volleybrad

Postby c0nsumer » August 10th, 2013, 7:24 pm

volleybrad wrote:Everything is great except for that last little bit of the yellow loop that takes you back to the beginning. It's like quicksand. Avoid it!

We'll probably be changing the marking on this soon in order to steer people away from it.
Steve Vigneau

c0nsumer

Postby jcrazyjj » August 14th, 2013, 9:03 pm

bh357 wrote:Has anyone been out there recently and can give an update on how River Bends handled Monday's rain?

I was out there last night and aside from a few slippery corners, everything was great. Minus the seasonal loops, they were a mess. We found that out after a wrong turn.
jcrazyjj

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions