Poto: Potawatomi

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Potawatomi

Postby cmkovick » March 24th, 2010, 6:11 pm

I agree! I rode with tadraper today and the trail was in awesome shape. It's going to be a good year.
Chuck Kovick
DTE Energy Foundation Trail Committee
Get on the list to help @ volunteer@waterlootrail.org
https://www.facebook.com/dtetrail/

"Build It, Before You Ride It"
cmkovick

Postby tadraper » March 27th, 2010, 6:25 pm

Rode again today lots of people on the trail. there were a few spots that had mud nothing to bad but with the rain coming tomorrow i would assume a few more days before it is good again. Rode my new used GF Rig great bike very happy with it. the new bridge was very nice today as i would have been sinking in mud at that spot for sure with out it.

Terry
2017 Farley EX 8
2016 Crux Expert Evo
2016 C-Dale 29er Tandem
2013 Origin8 Paladin with my son
2010 Gary Fisher Triton SS
tadraper

Postby Leroi Brown » March 27th, 2010, 6:45 pm

I agree with Terry that the trail was in excellent shape, with a few mushy spots (nothing that caused ruts). Given this, if it rains tomorrow, please give the trail until Tuesday to dry out, as to avoid rutting.
"Falling down the mountain
End up kissing dirt
Look a little closer
Sometimes it wouldn't hurt" - INXS - Kiss The Dirt

Cross Country Cycle Racing
www.crosscountrycycle.com
Leroi Brown

Postby brokenbones » March 28th, 2010, 10:59 am

I made it out yesterday for the first time this year. As noted above there were a few greasy spots, but overall the trail was in nice shape. The new bridge is really a nice piece of work. Thanks to all the people that braved the cold and installed it last month.
'Bones
brokenbones

Postby tspad » April 1st, 2010, 8:50 am

I'm sure this won't reach the intended party, but I need to vent.

To the a$$hole hiker who was on his cell phone, hiking in the wrong direction, with his huge black dog off it's leash -- you are the reason hikers get a bad name.
I crashed because you weren't paying attention to your surroundings (let alone your dog).

When a biker comes up behind you and asks kindly to pass, take a break from the phone call about the email your boss sent and move aside.

By the way the trail is in great shape and the new bridge is awesome.
tspad

Postby Geff » April 1st, 2010, 9:24 am

tspad wrote:I'm sure this won't reach the intended party, but I need to vent.

To the a$$hole hiker who was on his cell phone, hiking in the wrong direction, with his huge black dog off it's leash -- you are the reason hikers get a bad name.
I crashed because you weren't paying attention to your surroundings (let alone your dog).

When a biker comes up behind you and asks kindly to pass, take a break from the phone call about the email your boss sent and move aside.

By the way the trail is in great shape and the new bridge is awesome.

Right on!
Geff

Postby djansen00 » April 1st, 2010, 10:10 am

Wow, fabulous ride yesterday. The only real bad part of the trail is the normal mud pit on Gosling. I had one of the most enjoyable rides on the Poto ever. Yay for spring!
djansen00

Postby tadraper » April 1st, 2010, 1:34 pm

great weather good ride. the trail is in great shape. noticed the new little trail at the trail head to the right of the logs. I think it is a nice addition hope it was official. lol all the mud spots from this last weekend are dry except for the normal as stated last post.

hope to get a couple more rides in over the next few days.
2017 Farley EX 8
2016 Crux Expert Evo
2016 C-Dale 29er Tandem
2013 Origin8 Paladin with my son
2010 Gary Fisher Triton SS
tadraper

Postby Geff » April 1st, 2010, 1:43 pm

Well...I have all of next week off so now I can see for myself what you all are raving about. Been making me a bit envious. Thanks for all the updates and wetting the appetite!
Geff

Postby G.Cook » April 1st, 2010, 2:02 pm

I think it is a nice addition hope it was official.

Yep.
G.Cook

Postby bill_m » April 1st, 2010, 5:25 pm

Yes, the new trail at the very start (between the Kiosk and Silver Hill Road) is the last part of the new and improved start. The old trail will stay open for a while, so its your choice of new singletrack or blown out water bar geoweb for the time being. Thanks to Greg, Norm and Bernie for the work!
Potawatomi Chapter President
Join the Poto Chapter e-mail list: MMBA-Poto-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
bill_m

Postby jajones » April 3rd, 2010, 8:13 pm

bill_m wrote:Yes, the new trail at the very start (between the Kiosk and Silver Hill Road) is the last part of the new and improved start. The old trail will stay open for a while, so its your choice of new singletrack or blown out water bar geoweb for the time being. Thanks to Greg, Norm and Bernie for the work!

+1!
Poto IMBA Potawatomi Trail Coordinator
Jason Aric Jones, Chair
Waterloo Executive Committee, operating under the Potawatomi Chapter of the International Mountain Biking Association (IMBA)

Fat Bikes are Dumb, Ride a 650b 27.5"!
jajones

Postby Geff » April 3rd, 2010, 9:54 pm

jajones wrote:
bill_m wrote:Yes, the new trail at the very start (between the Kiosk and Silver Hill Road) is the last part of the new and improved start. The old trail will stay open for a while, so its your choice of new singletrack or blown out water bar geoweb for the time being. Thanks to Greg, Norm and Bernie for the work!

+1!

And from me too! Ran and rode the trail this morning. What a great day to be out. Trail was in great condition!
Geff

Postby Bento » April 6th, 2010, 5:36 am

Made it round a full loop Monday afternoon. Took ten minutes longer than last year because of the re-route at the beginning :lol: There were a few trees across the trail, all easily hopped. I seem to recall one after Boyscout hill that might be drag-able. The trail was in good shape, maybe even "dry"? The rain this week should dampen the trail a bit. A few new trees are leaning into the trail this year. Speaking of leaning, the boardwalk before the Gosling Lake boat launch is a bit off kilter. The slanted deck might cause "new" riders a problem when wet. The trail out by Jurassic Park isn't so easy to discern as the leaves have deposited up against the 20ft high fence.
Bento

Postby twoINtheSky » April 9th, 2010, 6:30 pm

Does anyone have suggestions as to a general time when hikers on the trail is the lightest over the weekends?
twoINtheSky

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions