Western: Bass River

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Western: Bass River

Postby purple helmet » July 2nd, 2013, 6:54 am

yeah, haven't been out there in awhile. Been a crazy busy year so far..

We really need to get the right tool for the job, I'll send some emails and see what we can do.
The HCP, where no one can hear you scream.
purple helmet

Postby SlowPoke » July 3rd, 2013, 9:41 am

I will plan on doing a quick trim up on Sat.

We have a mess in the second section to deal with because of all the rain this spring. It is almost to the point of needing land bridge type action like in the back. I wont be messing with that this weekend.
SlowPoke

Postby Mike_D » July 3rd, 2013, 10:30 am

SlowPoke wrote:We have a mess in the second section to deal with because of all the rain this spring. It is almost to the point of needing land bridge type action like in the back. I wont be messing with that this weekend.

Let me guess, in that same area (along the southern rec area property boundary) we had issues with 2-3 years ago and I made a temporary bypass???
Mike_D

Postby purple helmet » July 3rd, 2013, 10:44 am

purple helmet

Postby Mike_D » July 3rd, 2013, 10:52 am

Eff that! Let's just go Agent Orange 5 feet each side of the trail. We'll just put it in your camelback and hook up a pedal powered sprayer to it and ride/spray away :mrgreen:
Mike_D

Postby SlowPoke » July 3rd, 2013, 11:53 am

Naplam is better for the environment.
SlowPoke

Postby purple helmet » July 3rd, 2013, 12:17 pm

For some reason I think the pickerbushes would survive..
purple helmet

Postby TeamTroll » August 8th, 2013, 11:05 am

Let me know next time anyone is up for some help working out there. I am game for helping. I have done some clearing in the past month but a lot more work is needed.
TeamTroll

Postby TeamTroll » October 5th, 2013, 4:29 pm

Be sure to like the new Bass River facebook page. There is a new connector being built to the parking lot and the trail will soon be by directional. The plan is to ride it one direction on even days and the other on odd days. Two trails for the price of one and it adds a little spice back into the old girl.

https://www.facebook.com/BassRiverMTBTrail
TeamTroll

Postby LuckyCharm4x4 » October 7th, 2013, 1:04 am

Good to hear that some changes are coming. I like the idea of 2-direction, why not do it like Merrell by day of week? I have a feeling most riders know what day of the week it is over what the date is.

Will the old trailhead be blocked off? If it were, that would direct more traffic off of the road and into the parking lot. Just my $0.02

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
LuckyCharm4x4

Postby spartan_msu » October 7th, 2013, 2:53 pm

I decided to leave my car at the entrance of the park due to the condition of the road leading in and parking lot. I had to drive on the side of the road earlier this year just to make it through the massive ruts, and still bottomed out and nearly got stuck. This left the side of my car with deep scratches that had to be buffed out. After that I decided I would risk parking just off the highway. Look forward to riding the trail in both directions though!
spartan_msu

Postby Mike_D » October 7th, 2013, 3:02 pm

spartan_msu wrote:I decided to leave my car at the entrance of the park due to the condition of the road leading in and parking lot. I had to drive on the side of the road earlier this year just to make it through the massive ruts, and still bottomed out and nearly got stuck. This left the side of my car with deep scratches that had to be buffed out. After that I decided I would risk parking just off the highway. Look forward to riding the trail in both directions though!

If you were out there shortly after the spring thaw, there are usually some really good ruts due to the locals using it as a mudrun.... Was just out there a couple of weeks ago and the road off 104th was nice and smooth all the way to the large parking lot.
Mike_D

Postby ballpk » October 20th, 2013, 12:24 pm

Anyone know this trail well enough to know if it would be ridable today, after the recent rain? Thanks
ballpk

Postby Mike_D » October 20th, 2013, 12:55 pm

ballpk wrote:Anyone know this trail well enough to know if it would be ridable today, after the recent rain? Thanks

Bass is all gravel and drains well. Might be a residual puddle or 2 but it should be ok to ride.
Mike_D

Postby TeamTroll » October 22nd, 2013, 2:30 pm

LuckyCharm4x4 wrote:Good to hear that some changes are coming. I like the idea of 2-direction, why not do it like Merrell by day of week? I have a feeling most riders know what day of the week it is over what the date is.

Will the old trailhead be blocked off? If it were, that would direct more traffic off of the road and into the parking lot. Just my $0.02

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

It would be hard to block the old trailhead because the road splits the two loops out there. I just think people need to be informed that the parking lot is the trail head.
TeamTroll

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments