MCMBA: Milford

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Milford

Postby dcat1 » June 20th, 2013, 1:10 pm

Workers have now completely blocked the trail just after you make the 180 deg left turn around along the final section along the golf course..if you get that far you'll need to back track to get out..better to exit the trail where it parallels the paved trail right near the freeride section..then go right for a couple hundred yards to get back on the trail where it crosses the paved trail near the *beep*. Bill, if you post up when you want to get this all back together, I'd be glad to pitch in...other than that, the trail was great-a few muddy spots in the new(est) section...

Dan
dcat1

Postby Spartan_Don » June 24th, 2013, 11:55 am

I rode this on Sunday afternoon. Of course the construction equipment may move but for now I was able to turn left where it is blocked, walk (OK, ride :-)) around the construction equipment, and find / rejoin the trail across on the other side. I wasn't sure which way to go and guessed correctly by going right (downhill) at that point.
Spartan_Don

Postby mwilson7 » July 1st, 2013, 4:39 am

Did a couple laps yesterday and the trail was in pretty good shape with a couple of wet spots. Someone (probably Bill) was nice enough to spray paint the new trail through the construction area which should help anyone find the trail. Although I appreciate that the trail runs right through the middle of a natural gas line it is a bummer that they basically flattened out a 50-100 foot section right through the middle of the area as it has changed the character of the trail in a number of places.

Oh yes, watch out for the turtles in the first section of trail out of the baseball parking lot. Saw three of them sunning themselves on the trail.
Mark
mwilson7

Postby BForhan » July 1st, 2013, 8:10 am

Maybe we can sweet talk the gas company to add berms or what ever through there while the machines are on hand. Never hurts to ask,seems like it would be a perfect time to get major physical labor done. Then have a trail day to smooth out the new features. I know it is a "PIPE DREAM". Bill does a great job on that trail.

Brian
BForhan

Postby jbolenbaugh » July 4th, 2013, 9:13 am

They were laying sod and hay out there today! I think it might be almost over! Bill let us know when you want our help rebuilding.

Also, whoever is doing it please stop moving rocks in the rock garden. Especially if you move them don't just pile them up on the side. Because if someone unknowingly takes that line they end up crashing into a pile of rocks. I put them back into their respective holes, puzzle style.
Team : Wheels In Motion
Great Quotes
"I really love my 29er cannondale single speed, but now that strava exists and I live next to ILRA i'm going to need some gears to look better"
"Quote Redacted" -Racing Greyhounds member
jbolenbaugh

Postby Kirby » July 9th, 2013, 10:22 am

I agree. Lets get a trail day in before the construction crew leaves.

BForhan wrote:Maybe we can sweet talk the gas company to add berms or what ever through there while the machines are on hand. Never hurts to ask,seems like it would be a perfect time to get major physical labor done. Then have a trail day to smooth out the new features. I know it is a "PIPE DREAM". Bill does a great job on that trail.

Brian
2011 Specialized S-Works Stumpjumper HT
2013 Salsa El Mariachi Single Speed - Limited Edition
2013 Salsa Vaya 2
2014 Specialized Crux Expert
Kirby

Postby mountainbikemike » July 14th, 2013, 7:46 am

First time out on the trail this season, had a blast! Kinda surprised by the gas line work, but figured the missing bits out thanks to the flags. Trail was in great shape, thanks for all the hard work.
mountainbikemike

Postby jbolenbaugh » August 7th, 2013, 6:38 pm

Trail is a bit damp in places but rideable. Should be dry by tomorrow every where but the new section.
Great Quotes
"I really love my 29er cannondale single speed, but now that strava exists and I live next to ILRA i'm going to need some gears to look better"
jbolenbaugh

Postby 98HooKooFreeRider » August 8th, 2013, 5:29 am

jbolenbaugh wrote:Trail is a bit damp in places but rideable. Should be dry by tomorrow every where but the new section.

Excellent!! Hitting up this spot for the very first time tomorrow after work! Very much looking forward to it. Also, I saw on the trail map a designated Freeride area. Should I get my hopes up for some fun stuff to play on? 8)

-Matt
Digging...it does a body good.
98HooKooFreeRider

Postby J/C » August 8th, 2013, 8:01 am

98HooKooFreeRider wrote:
jbolenbaugh wrote:Trail is a bit damp in places but rideable. Should be dry by tomorrow every where but the new section.

Excellent!! Hitting up this spot for the very first time tomorrow after work! Very much looking forward to it. Also, I saw on the trail map a designated Freeride area. Should I get my hopes up for some fun stuff to play on? 8)

-Matt

Don't get your hopes up too high for the freeride area. It's kind of a blank canvas rather than a developed free ride zone. If you blink you'll miss the turn off for it. There's a technical section where you ride up over concrete chunks, that's all I know of.
-
John
J/C

Postby 98HooKooFreeRider » August 8th, 2013, 8:18 am

J/C wrote:
98HooKooFreeRider wrote:

-Matt

Don't get your hopes up too high for the freeride area. It's kind of a blank canvas rather than a developed free ride zone. If you blink you'll miss the turn off for it. There's a technical section where you ride up over concrete chunks, that's all I know of.
-
John

Right on, thanks for replying! It's very promising that there are at least future plans for some stuff :) If anyone ever needs help with brainstorming or building stuff, I'd be more than happy to help :)

-Matt
98HooKooFreeRider

Postby 98HooKooFreeRider » August 9th, 2013, 1:43 pm

What a FUN trail!!! It was in fantastic shape last night and most definitely lived up to all of it's hype! I especially liked the high speed natural log skinny! Got a "YEEWWWWW!!!" out of me for sure :lol:

I will be back MANY more times :twisted: Kudos to the builders!!

-Matt
98HooKooFreeRider

Postby sndmn2 » August 9th, 2013, 3:20 pm

I was just checking the conditions for a ride this evening and remembered Milford Memories is this weekend. Looks like a long way around the block to get there from where I'm at.
sndmn2

Postby jbolenbaugh » August 14th, 2013, 8:02 pm

Trail is perfect right now firm but tacky. New section has a couple wet spots but there are dry lines through all of it.
Great Quotes
jbolenbaugh

Postby F7Cannon » August 17th, 2013, 7:46 pm

Wow! What a little gem of a trail. Who would ever think that there is a trail there. Hit it up today for the first time after riding Holdridge. Super fun, very impressed with what has been done in such a small space. Very tight and twisty in a lot of spots but fast and flowy at the same time! Usually that is hard to accomplish. Kudos!
Shaun - Burchfield Assistant Trail Coordinator

08 Trek 6000
09 Bianchi Sok 29er Rigid SS- 20.5 lbs
11 MARIN Lombard
12 Scott Scale Team 29er 1x10

2012 Miles SS-3140 Geared-79 Road Bike-851
2013 Miles SS-722 Geared-807 Road Bike-299
2014 Miles SS-264 Geared-537 Road Bike-111
F7Cannon

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments