Mid-State: Anderson Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Anderson Park

Postby reidabel » June 28th, 2013, 10:17 pm

Thanks, Brad. I think I saw a smallish tree down across the trail somewhere out there, too. I can't remember where, sorry ... maybe somebody else will report it in proper detail.
reidabel

Postby centralRH » June 30th, 2013, 9:38 am

The end of the blue loop (back to where it joins with the red) and all of the red loop have been trimmed of face and body slappers. It still could use a quick run through with a string trimmer to take care of the low stuff. The beginning of the blue will still need some work, although I don't think it is that bad. Green should be pretty good other than some low stuff and a spot where some branches came down near the end.

I took care of the tree down on red, but I couldn't get the one near the end of blue that has been there since spring.

Overall the trail still needs some work, but it should already be much more enjoyable to ride.
centralRH

Postby AllMountin' » July 4th, 2013, 9:11 pm

Quite a few greasy slick spots tonight, but will be prime with a couple dry days. Thanks to Brad's trimming, the corridor is pretty clear throughout.
--=Steve=--

Tom Robbins wrote:It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
AllMountin'

Postby SteveF » July 12th, 2013, 8:41 am

Still pretty well trimmed though a few encroaching branches and a tree down on blue. Still quite a few wet/greasy/muddy spots--I only did one lap and called it a night.
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
SteveF

Postby bockrona » July 14th, 2013, 11:19 am

Blue Trail has a dark blue snowfence across it and a private property sign. I almost hit it. It wasn't there last night.
bockrona

Postby centralRH » July 14th, 2013, 4:43 pm

bockrona wrote:Blue Trail has a dark blue snowfence across it and a private property sign. I almost hit it. It wasn't there last night.

Message has been sent to the township. I hope this is resolved soon.
centralRH

Postby rvd » August 1st, 2013, 8:30 pm

A few soft spots and a little bit of mud, but otherwise the trail is in great shape (one puddle in the usual spot in the sharp left hander on red). Blue is open for business.
rvd

Postby centralRH » August 6th, 2013, 7:54 pm

The blue loop is yet again temporarily closed. The official survey of the north property boundary did not come back positive. We will need to reroute the trail. Stay tuned for a future trail day to reroute the trail.
centralRH

Postby rvd » August 6th, 2013, 9:32 pm

Bummer on the property line. Hopefully the reroute can keep some of the steep climb in.

But, someone is goin' to be happy because he will hold that KOM for eternity.
rvd

Postby bockrona » August 7th, 2013, 7:57 am

RH, Do you know when you will be out there to see where the line is and what we have left to work with? I would like to see where the property line is and what options we have and I would be happy to get started.
bockrona

Postby blamp28 » October 1st, 2013, 9:45 am

Can anyone tell me what the current conditions are at the trail? I have a business trip to the area next week and would like to ride.
blamp28

Postby xcrdr » October 1st, 2013, 10:03 am

I haven't ridden there in a few weeks but it was decent then. Should be now. Post up when you go if you want some company.
It's not your strength or skill. It's your level of commitment.

2008 Redline d660 1X9
2013 Santa Cruz Superlight 29
1995 Giant ATX 890 with 1996 Rock Shox Judy XC still running!
xcrdr

Postby bockrona » October 4th, 2013, 10:11 am

Any chance of the landowner on the Blue trail working with us and allowing the trail to be ridden? What if we bought him a bike or purchased an easement or something? or just talked to him? Not that we have lots of funding, but it seems worth discussing.

Trail was riding nice last weekend, and weather permitting, I may get out there this weekend also.
bockrona

Postby dauber76 » October 4th, 2013, 10:57 am

bockrona wrote:Any chance of the landowner on the Blue trail working with us and allowing the trail to be ridden? What if we bought him a bike or purchased an easement or something? or just talked to him? Not that we have lots of funding, but it seems worth discussing.

Trail was riding nice last weekend, and weather permitting, I may get out there this weekend also.

Noticed a "for sale"sign at the building last night. Who wants a clubhouse?
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem; now get off my lawn!
dauber76

Postby reidabel » October 4th, 2013, 11:36 am

bockrona wrote:Any chance of the landowner on the Blue trail working with us and allowing the trail to be ridden?

Didn't the reroute take care of this? I thought we only lost that first steep little bit near the beginning of Blue - you're not saying that more than that of the Blue trail is now off-limits, are you? I hope not ...
reidabel

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments