Western: Luton Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Western: Luton Park

Postby Mike_D » August 5th, 2011, 10:49 pm

Go_Green wrote:Johnson Park is prime real estate. I wish they would release their kung-fu death grip on the no bike policy.

XACTLY :!:
Mike_D

Postby ReidRules18 » August 11th, 2011, 5:21 am

Trail is perrrfffeeeccctttt! I can't believe it has got so much flow, this trail is fast becoming one of my favs
"Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money"-Cree Indian
ReidRules18

Postby MTBGearTech » August 11th, 2011, 7:30 pm

I rode Luton for the first time this afternoon. It's a fun trial and as others have mentioned nice and flowy. I love the sections in the pines, very scenic.
MTBGearTech

Postby raymears » August 13th, 2011, 1:19 pm

I just came from my first time at Luton. There was a big rain last night, but I didn't find the water to be excessive on the trails. It would have been a little more fun if there hadn't been a few puddles on downhill corners that I slowed down for, but it was still a very enjoyable time.

The black and red trails on the map are a blast.
raymears

Postby Mike_D » August 13th, 2011, 1:47 pm

raymears wrote:I just came from my first time at Luton. There was a big rain last night, but I didn't find the water to be excessive on the trails. It would have been a little more fun if there hadn't been a few puddles on downhill corners that I slowed down for, but it was still a very enjoyable time.

The black and red trails on the map are a blast.

For future reference, we typically try to let the trails dry out a day or so before riding so as not to "pizza cutter" the trail in the areas where the "few puddles" usually are....
Mike_D

Postby raymears » August 20th, 2011, 7:30 pm

That makes sense - thanks for pointing it out. I'll stay off when the trails are wet in the future.
raymears

Postby Mark H. » September 5th, 2011, 10:09 am

Just a friendly reminder to give walkers/runners a warning you are coming up on them, & to SLOW down. Walking out there today w/my dog & 99% slow down & say hi or something, but 1 came upon me fast & didn't slow down one bit, past me like I was not to be there in his way. Just wanted to remind people to be freindly to ALL on the trail.
My two cents.
Mark H.

Postby G.R.XC-MTNBKR » September 5th, 2011, 10:48 am

Mark H. wrote:Just a friendly reminder to give walkers/runners a warning you are coming up on them, & to SLOW down. Walking out there today w/my dog & 99% slow down & say hi or something, but 1 came upon me fast & didn't slow down one bit, past me like I was not to be there in his way. Just wanted to remind people to be freindly to ALL on the trail.
My two cents.

It goes both ways.
Ride or Die
Just Ride
Specialized SL Pro
G.R.XC-MTNBKR

Postby Go_Green » September 5th, 2011, 2:31 pm

Mark H. wrote:Just a friendly reminder to give walkers/runners a warning you are coming up on them, & to SLOW down. Walking out there today w/my dog & 99% slow down & say hi or something, but 1 came upon me fast & didn't slow down one bit, past me like I was not to be there in his way. Just wanted to remind people to be freindly to ALL on the trail.
My two cents.

What a JackA$$ to do that. The dog is unpredictable so that's just a disaster waiting to happen. Not the dogs fault at all, sometimes they get over stimulated. The biker should always yield.
Go_Green

Postby kms662 » September 6th, 2011, 10:33 am

Rode all loops Monday morning. Trail is clear, dry and fast.
kms662

Western: Luton Park

Postby burkowitz » September 6th, 2011, 7:29 pm

Still love this trail. Nice cold air yesterday was like a supercharger!
Expert spoke buster.
burkowitz

Postby LuckyCharm4x4 » September 13th, 2011, 2:47 pm

I rode the trail today and my experience can be wrapped up in 4 words; Dry, sandy, squirrels and chipmunks!
LuckyCharm4x4

Postby burkowitz » September 13th, 2011, 3:17 pm

I have developed excellent GSEM (ground squirrel evasive maneuvers) riding this trail. Still working on moles.
Expert spoke buster.
burkowitz

Postby cramer » September 16th, 2011, 11:52 am

burkowitz wrote:I have developed excellent GSEM (ground squirrel evasive maneuvers) riding this trail. Still working on moles.

Sprayed a squirrel with my water bottle today, just to see if I could hit him in stride. Saw some sort of crane in the creek. I scared him so he flew away but there were so many trees his wingspan was a problem so he flew low for a while, following the creek to stay out of the branches- Super cool.

Lots of brake bumps developing on the trail. I love the new shaped downhill corner on the green by 10 mile road- nice work!
cramer

Postby Hydrospeed » September 17th, 2011, 9:25 pm

I am visiting from out of state, and two years ago I rode luton park. I was wondering is it sell a requirement to park at d&w or can we park by the barn still? Thank you and good work on a great trail!!!
Hydrospeed

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions