CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby tripleskulls » June 25th, 2013, 2:00 pm

Rode the trail yesterday. It was mostly dry. Some mud puddles, and the usual areas that never really dry. Area near "little skinny" was the worst, as well as the area next to the expressway. The area from the Green Bridge at Dodge Park all the way to Big Skinny was dry.
tripleskulls
 
Posts: 24
Joined: May 22nd, 2013, 11:51 am

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Mack » June 25th, 2013, 3:42 pm

Thanks for the update. Im going to try and get out there this weekend, to do a little trimming
where needed.
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
User avatar
Mack
 
Posts: 1398
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 11:05 am
Location: 42° 34' 49" N ~ 83° 1' 49" W Weekends 44° 46' 57" N ~ 85° 1' 14" W

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby tripleskulls » June 26th, 2013, 11:44 am

The "jungle" vines are creeping into the trail in some spots. Also, there is a downed tree between the rock garden and the banked turns. It is probably hoppable for most, but my 11yo son can't quite do it. He can do most log piles, but this one is just a bit too tall for his 24" wheels, and there is no real bail out around it.
tripleskulls
 
Posts: 24
Joined: May 22nd, 2013, 11:51 am

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Mack » June 26th, 2013, 2:57 pm

tripleskulls wrote:The "jungle" vines are creeping into the trail in some spots. Also, there is a downed tree between the rock garden and the banked turns. It is probably hoppable for most, but my 11yo son can't quite do it. He can do most log piles, but this one is just a bit too tall for his 24" wheels, and there is no real bail out around it.


I'll take care of that tree for the the little dude :) . It was on my "to do list" for this weekend, as are the vines depending on time.
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
User avatar
Mack
 
Posts: 1398
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 11:05 am
Location: 42° 34' 49" N ~ 83° 1' 49" W Weekends 44° 46' 57" N ~ 85° 1' 14" W

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Mack » June 28th, 2013, 1:57 pm

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that CRPT is closed due to flooding, but feel free to kayak it :lol: . So
much for getting out this weekend to trim the trail :twisted:. Here is a picture from the trail head at Edison ct.
Image
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
User avatar
Mack
 
Posts: 1398
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 11:05 am
Location: 42° 34' 49" N ~ 83° 1' 49" W Weekends 44° 46' 57" N ~ 85° 1' 14" W

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby 2slo2endo » June 28th, 2013, 6:37 pm

Yep, I think the trail might be a little, um, damp.. I took the same photo from Dodge Park, but you beat me to the upload!
User avatar
2slo2endo
 
Posts: 220
Joined: June 27th, 2011, 11:24 am

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Mack » June 28th, 2013, 7:47 pm

2slo2endo wrote:Yep, I think the trail might be a little, um, damp.. I took the same photo from Dodge Park, but you beat me to the upload!


How can you take the same photo from Dodge Park? :wink:, the photo was actually sent to me by Aaron.
All I know is it screws up my plans for the weekend. I think I still can get to that one deadfall after the
rock garden.
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
User avatar
Mack
 
Posts: 1398
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 11:05 am
Location: 42° 34' 49" N ~ 83° 1' 49" W Weekends 44° 46' 57" N ~ 85° 1' 14" W

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Roy » June 29th, 2013, 8:17 pm

The river was peaking at the garfield gage at 15.75 feet at about the time that photo was taken. But I bet the water level was higher there because the hayes bridge acts like a dam. It will be interesting to see how high the mud line is on the trees. I wonder if the long bridge was under water?

Roy
User avatar
Roy
 
Posts: 1578
Joined: August 14th, 2002, 9:04 pm

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby 2slo2endo » June 30th, 2013, 2:02 pm

Mack wrote:
2slo2endo wrote:Yep, I think the trail might be a little, um, damp.. I took the same photo from Dodge Park, but you beat me to the upload!


How can you take the same photo from Dodge Park? :wink:, the photo was actually sent to me by Aaron.
All I know is it screws up my plans for the weekend. I think I still can get to that one deadfall after the
rock garden.


LOL, I guess I should speak English! I took a photo that looked very similar from Dodge Park...
User avatar
2slo2endo
 
Posts: 220
Joined: June 27th, 2011, 11:24 am

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Mack » July 1st, 2013, 7:44 am

Roy wrote:The river was peaking at the garfield gage at 15.75 feet at about the time that photo was taken. But I bet the water level was higher there because the hayes bridge acts like a dam. It will be interesting to see how high the mud line is on the trees. I wonder if the long bridge was under water?

Roy


The humps end of the long bridge is underwater. Roy what site do you get that river info from?
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
User avatar
Mack
 
Posts: 1398
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 11:05 am
Location: 42° 34' 49" N ~ 83° 1' 49" W Weekends 44° 46' 57" N ~ 85° 1' 14" W

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Roy » July 2nd, 2013, 7:19 pm

Mack,
This Goverment site:
http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/index.php?wfo=dtx
Just click in the lowest datum site near Sterling Hts.

The paved trail was muddy and rideable today. The mud line indicated that water was maybe 2.5" above the pavement in spots.

The up stream trail end next to M53 was still flooded.

Roy
User avatar
Roy
 
Posts: 1578
Joined: August 14th, 2002, 9:04 pm

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Mack » July 3rd, 2013, 9:08 am

Roy wrote:Mack,
This Goverment site:
http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/index.php?wfo=dtx
Just click in the lowest datum site near Sterling Hts.

The paved trail was muddy and rideable today. The mud line indicated that water was maybe 2.5" above the pavement in spots.

The up stream trail end next to M53 was still flooded.

Roy


Thanks for the info Roy. Interesting site.
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
User avatar
Mack
 
Posts: 1398
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 11:05 am
Location: 42° 34' 49" N ~ 83° 1' 49" W Weekends 44° 46' 57" N ~ 85° 1' 14" W

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby 2slo2endo » July 7th, 2013, 10:06 am

Anybody think it will dry out before winter??
User avatar
2slo2endo
 
Posts: 220
Joined: June 27th, 2011, 11:24 am

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby tripleskulls » July 15th, 2013, 7:19 am

Went for a family ride on the paved trail today... every trailhead had lots of mud and standing water, exept for the one by the banked turns. More rain forecast for this week too.
tripleskulls
 
Posts: 24
Joined: May 22nd, 2013, 11:51 am

Re: CRAMBA: Clinton River Park Trail (Dodge Park Trail)

Postby Mack » July 15th, 2013, 11:41 am

CRPT is still closed at this time. Many parts of the trail are still flooded.
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
User avatar
Mack
 
Posts: 1398
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 11:05 am
Location: 42° 34' 49" N ~ 83° 1' 49" W Weekends 44° 46' 57" N ~ 85° 1' 14" W

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: drewlee13 and 1 guest