CRAMBA: Stony Creek

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Wednesday Night Stony Ride

Postby i69whitey » June 19th, 2013, 5:35 pm

Pines is ridable, the widening is done, puddles sre drier. Coaster/back nine is good to go.
the two track around the outside is back to normal desert conditions
"...So whether you have got 29-, 26- or 20-inch wheels, whether you ride XC or DH, whether you've got boobs or balls, i hear you. Let's go ride." - Rachel Atherton
"Ride your bike, sleep when your dead." - dirt
http://thehubofdetroit.org/
i69whitey

Re: CRAMBA: Stony Creek

Postby mrbikester » June 23rd, 2013, 7:34 pm

We rode Stony trails today and conditions were perfect. The Pines were so much fun we rode it four times. Due to the high heat we wanted to go where there was shade and no large hills to climb. Stayed on the two tracks and The Pines. Great choice.
mrbikester

Postby PK » June 24th, 2013, 6:24 pm

I finished trimming the rollercoaster today, and cleared the fallen tree up near the top of Three Gear Hill.
Enjoy.
Pete.
PK

Postby PK » June 25th, 2013, 5:32 pm

I tried to check-out the trails today, but the Rollercoaster was way too greasy in many corners to allow one to carry any real speed.
I bailed-out.
The little short trail up on top of Three Gear Hill with the fallen tree that I cleared-up yesterday, now has another downed tree.
It is hand saw-able, but I didn't have mine. It has about (5) 3" limbs to be cut.
If anybody has a folding saw on them, feel free to saw away!

Pete.
PK

Postby acidtattoo » June 26th, 2013, 2:37 pm

Two track has the usual wet spots, and the Pines is a no-go. However, the rest of the single track is good to go.
acidtattoo

Postby utabintarbo » June 27th, 2013, 7:58 am

I wouldn't describe the Pines as a "no-go". There were a few squishy spots in the usual places and a couple of small puddles, but hardly anything that would get thrown up onto a frame, no less your shoes. :D

The rest of the Wednesday night route was in better shape (before last night's rain, of course).
utabintarbo

Postby PK » June 30th, 2013, 6:17 pm

Another tree down on the lower Rollercoaster. About 100yds before the Back Nine.
I'm hoping to rid us of it Monday after work.

Pete.
PK

Postby Thumbs » July 1st, 2013, 8:22 am

There was a lot to watch out for yesterday. A couple things:

Back side of the outer 2 track- tree was down all the way across the track.
Pines: many small and broken branches down, lower than normal hanging branches, mud in almost all turns at the apex, slippery.
Rollercoaseter: first rock garden, tree was down. Lots of sand in some fast AND uphill areas. there is a 180 turn near the beginning with some logs helping to keep us from going off the cliff, a log is gone. Lots of small branches down. Slippery.

I called it quits after that. Riding was just OFF because of the conditions. Seemed like a whole new track yesterday....
2013 Specialized Carve Comp - Green
Experience Level: (Novice)__ (Intermediate)_X_ (Advanced)__ (Ninja)__
Thumbs

Postby c0nsumer » July 2nd, 2013, 9:45 pm

Rode all of the single track and a wee bit of two track today, and also the Trolly Trails and the Fitness Trails. All of it was in fine shape. There were a few soft spots in The Pines, but nothing that should be avoided. I made three goes through The Pines to flatten out as many pizza cutters as I could with the fatbike, and I think it was successful.
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby 2slo2endo » July 7th, 2013, 10:06 am

Rode Stoney yesterday, all singletrack in good shape.. tree still down on doubletrack, can be ridden around.. reinforcing log still missing early on the rollercoaster... seems more sandy this year. fun ride.
2slo2endo

Postby lawn dart » July 10th, 2013, 6:00 am

Last night before the rain moved in...

The Pines was damp/wet in a few spots. Rideable, but not a day to run your best time, if you know what I mean.
The widening was terrific, really opening up different lines. Many thanks!
The Back 9 was great, viturally no wet areas.
Did not ride the Snake or Rollercoaster. Just a little too hot for us, but people were riding them.
The perimeter two-track had the usual water crossings.
lawn dart

Postby bergsteiger » July 10th, 2013, 9:56 pm

tonight the snake, roller coaster and back 9 were fine. there were a few soft spots/puddles but not in the actual line that is ridden.
We skipped the pines and heard from someone else that it was still bad. normal water on the double track in places as well.
bergsteiger

Postby lawn dart » July 12th, 2013, 11:16 am

We were there Thursday evening (July 11), and the Snake, Roller Coaster & Back 9 were in excellent shape. Signs of subtle trail clearing & improvements were everywhere. Many thanks to all involved!

The Pines was clear and fast except a few wet & gooey spots. Those areas seem to be very slow to dry. It may take a few more rain-free days to dry them completely.

And yes, the perimeter road had the standard wet areas. :?
lawn dart

Postby Xtian1206= » July 13th, 2013, 1:49 pm

all sections are near perfect save for the usual wet spots at the Pines... enjoy your ride!!
Xtian1206=

Postby utabintarbo » July 18th, 2013, 6:47 am

Tree down in the first half of the Rollercoaster, just before the turn into the downhill to the log pile. It is passable, but you have to go through a wall of leaves. Otherwise, trail is in decent shape.
utabintarbo

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments