CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

Postby utabintarbo » June 11th, 2013, 1:34 pm

kyleRIG29er wrote:Speaking of which, how is it?

Given yesterdays deluge, I wouldn't be surprised to see a few puddles, but I would also guess it will be generally better than expected. YMMV, so don't be afraid to skip out if I'm mistaken. :P
utabintarbo

Postby CraveSingletrack » June 11th, 2013, 3:16 pm

I only have the dirt road bike with me, so if I venture out it'll be on 36x16, those climbs will be tough...
I'm a racerboy.
CraveSingletrack

Postby lawn dart » June 11th, 2013, 8:36 pm

Addison was good this evening. A bit damp. The weekend's racers kind of created a groove, and it is the first area that collects water, so some of the best lines were greasy or even had standing water. Not a big deal, plenty of room to work around the wet areas. Nothing squishy enough to create pizza cutters. Overall pretty tacky. No face-slappers, but a bush is crowding a corner in the new section.
Enjoy!
lawn dart

Postby utabintarbo » June 11th, 2013, 9:20 pm

lawn dart wrote:Addison was good this evening. A bit damp. The weekend's racers kind of created a groove, and it is the first area that collects water, so some of the best lines were greasy or even had standing water. Not a big deal, plenty of room to work around the wet areas. Nothing squishy enough to create pizza cutters. Overall pretty tacky. No face-slappers, but a bush is crowding a corner in the new section.
Enjoy!

I'll see what I can do about that. It may have to wait for a trail day to do it right. :P
utabintarbo

Postby utabintarbo » June 17th, 2013, 7:52 pm

Got a report from Pauly that there are several trees down after this evening's "lively" weather. I would avoid Addison until Wednesday and give him a chance to clear those out. :icon_thumleft:
utabintarbo

Postby CraveSingletrack » June 18th, 2013, 8:14 am

Other than the trees how is the trail? I don't mind doing some hike a bike. Need to get some riding in!
I'm a racerboy.
CraveSingletrack

Postby utabintarbo » June 18th, 2013, 8:59 am

kyleRIG29er wrote:Other than the trees how is the trail? I don't mind doing some hike a bike. Need to get some riding in!

I would imagine that it will be a bit damp, but not terribly so. I would still stay away, as a lot of the trees out there are covered in "pickery" vines, and there's a fair amount of poison ivy this year. Plus the park will be working with chain saws out there. I'd wait 'til tomorrow. Pauly is the last guy to want to discourage anyone from riding there, so I tend to take him seriously.
utabintarbo

Postby utabintarbo » June 20th, 2013, 9:03 pm

Trail was a bit dusty tonight, with a few face-slappers making their way out over the trail, mostly in the 2nd half.
utabintarbo

Postby Sortaslow » June 20th, 2013, 11:03 pm

I found it to be perfect.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Sortaslow

Postby utabintarbo » June 24th, 2013, 7:04 am

I have unconfirmed reports of a downed tree that requires a hike-a-bike. No idea where. Looking for a location or an all-clear if anyone ventures out that way. Thanks! :)
utabintarbo

Postby utabintarbo » June 24th, 2013, 11:59 am

utabintarbo wrote:I have unconfirmed reports of a downed tree that requires a hike-a-bike. No idea where. Looking for a location or an all-clear if anyone ventures out that way. Thanks!
:)

Confirmed sighting of a low-hanger shortly after the armored downhill. Park has been notified. Thanks Shari! :icon_thumleft:
utabintarbo

Postby lawn dart » June 24th, 2013, 7:40 pm

Addison was in excellent shape this evening. Pauly was out cutting grass alongside the trail, and there was evidence of recently cleared deadfall in a few spots.

Also of note was a new elevated bridge over a low swampy area at about the 5.5 mile mark, and some more jump-type features on the downhill after that.

Some widening (or just making room for the side-by-side maintenance vehicle?) is easy to notice in some areas.

It was HOT, but if that doesn't bother you, go ride!
lawn dart

Postby RMXByker » June 26th, 2013, 5:50 pm

Just got back from here. Trail is in excellent shape. A few slippery spots but nothing to cause issues. No down trees, just a bit of deadfall here and there. Other than a few face slappers its prime!
http://www.BoughnerRacing.com

Stable
2006 Bianchi M.U.S.S. (MTN Single Speed)
2007 26" Specialized Epic Marathon (Geared full squish)
2011 Salsa Vaya (Do all bike)
RMXByker

Postby CraveSingletrack » June 27th, 2013, 10:23 am

Thinking about heading to addison for a couple laps, bloomer was slick this AM.
I'm a racerboy.
CraveSingletrack

Postby utabintarbo » June 27th, 2013, 11:21 am

kyleRIG29er wrote:Thinking about heading to addison for a couple laps, bloomer was slick this AM.

Please report back. :D
utabintarbo

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments