Poto: Brighton

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Brighton

Postby BusDriver » June 5th, 2013, 8:29 pm

Gentleman, with all due respect , take this conversation to the general section. some of us monitor this forum for down trees and condition reports.
Life Behind Bars

http://www.treefortbikes.com/

MMBA Poto Chapter Brighton Trail Coordinator
BusDriver

Postby djr21589 » June 5th, 2013, 8:41 pm

Well thanks for the explanation. That's very interesting. I appreciate the info.
djr21589

Postby djr21589 » June 5th, 2013, 8:44 pm

BusDriver wrote:Gentleman, with all due respect , take this conversation to the general section. some of us monitor this forum for down trees and condition reports.

Sorry new to forums I tried figuring out the best place for it and thought the trail page made sense for a question relating to the trail
djr21589

Postby TomE. » June 9th, 2013, 10:28 pm

Rode Murray Lake Friday, the trail was in magnificent shape. There were quite a few longish skid marks along the trail, I take that to mean the trail was fast and people were pushing their limits. The trail had been freshly mowed on either side of the singletrack, so not a lot of face slappers or overgrowth.

Met a gentleman in the parking lot after the ride, he was from Indiana and apparently had heard about Murray/Torn Shirt. We directed him to TS first, he was looking forward to his ride. He talked a bit about Brown County trails, and invited us to let people know about the great resource for riding it was. Nice guy, hope he had fun.
TomE.

Postby SteveF » June 10th, 2013, 6:34 am

TomE. wrote:Rode Murray Lake Friday, the trail was in magnificent shape. There were quite a few longish skid marks along the trail, I take that to mean the trail was fast and people were pushing their limits. The trail had been freshly mowed on either side of the singletrack, so not a lot of face slappers or overgrowth.

Met a gentleman in the parking lot after the ride, he was from Indiana and apparently had heard about Murray/Torn Shirt. We directed him to TS first, he was looking forward to his ride. He talked a bit about Brown County trails, and invited us to let people know about the great resource for riding it was. Nice guy, hope he had fun.

I don't think he liked it...

http://forums.mtbr.com/michigan/torn-sh ... 57618.html
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
SteveF

Postby TomE. » June 10th, 2013, 6:51 am

SteveF wrote:I don't think he liked it...

http://forums.mtbr.com/michigan/torn-sh ... 57618.html

That's definitely not him. IndianaGuy had a Pivot FS, and we explained what TS was going to be like, he was fired up for some challenge. The guy from MTBR sounds like he'd have fun at ILRA.
TomE.

Postby countryboy_mike » June 11th, 2013, 6:29 am

FYI...The Tour De Cure is going on at Brighton this Saturday June 15th. There will be a mountian bike segment that will be riding the Brighton Rec Area trails from about 9:30-13:00 or so. So if you wondering why all the riders with number plates are on the trail, there is the answer. Give them a shout out for supporting a good cause.
There will be more rejoicing in heaven for one sinner who repents than for 99 rightous people who do not need to repent. Luke 15:7
2011 Motobecane 9357 Fly
2013 KHS SJ100
1994 Trek 930
BYGG MTB Racing
countryboy_mike

Postby vette-ss » June 11th, 2013, 12:21 pm

And there's the Xterra du/tri on Sunday June 16.
vette-ss

Postby iamkickstand » June 11th, 2013, 12:37 pm

djr21589 wrote:
BusDriver wrote:Gentleman, with all due respect , take this conversation to the general section. some of us monitor this forum for down trees and condition reports.

Sorry new to forums I tried figuring out the best place for it and thought the trail page made sense for a question relating to the trail

Yeah, you'd think.....There are apparently some interesting characters in the mmba world who can't be bothered with a few extra posts

that guy on mtbr sounds like a 7th grade girl
iamkickstand

Postby iamkickstand » June 15th, 2013, 9:34 pm

vette-ss wrote:And there's the Xterra du/tri on Sunday June 16.

I'll be there spectating....unless I can come up with a really good excuse.
iamkickstand

Postby Dirtdevil » June 16th, 2013, 7:46 am

As of yesterday (6/15) morning there was a pretty good face-slapper on Torn Shirt about 1.5 miles from the end. Too big to break off or bend away. A handsaw will be required. Cleared as much small deadfall as we could by hand.

:twisted:
Dirtdevil

Postby teach58 » June 24th, 2013, 9:14 pm

Regarding the Torn Shirt "review", just goes to show you. I have never ridden it, but have enjoyed Murray Lake. I have heard TS is pretty wicked. However, I LOVE every inch of Poto. Sounds like I should try TS.
teach58

Postby b_b » June 25th, 2013, 5:53 am

Wicked nah just some rooty loose climbs. Yeah if you like Poto you'll be fine, but it's slower more similar to Highland.
b_b

Postby reidabel » June 28th, 2013, 12:51 pm

How are the trails? Thinking of riding (torn shirt and murray lake both) out there tomorrow morning, but I know that the Brighton area recently got a lot of rain that skipped the Lansing area. Is it okay or not?
reidabel

Postby deezler » June 28th, 2013, 2:28 pm

I would strongly guess that no, it's way too wet for a pizza-cutter free ride.
deezler

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments