Postby bh357 » June 4th, 2013, 8:25 pm

Oh, and they now want $60 for a non-resident annual pass :(
www.teamsandbag.com
www.mysinglespeed.com

"He didn't have to be drunk to be an a$$hole!" - Geff
bh357

Re: CRAMBA: Bloomer

Postby Rock N' Rolla » June 9th, 2013, 6:42 pm

I havent been to Bloomer since Last November.After reviewing the latest edition of the trail map, and Glancing at the thread here, am i to assume that the trail leaving park property at marker 19 to the left of the bridge( if you come in from CRT) is an unoffical designated trail part of the Bloomer trail? An, is ok to ride?I've been avoiding this section for the last two seasons, being under the impression that it was private property and a bandit rail.As bandit trails should be avoided.. like not riding aound mud puddles, but through them on the trail.I am plannihg to ride out there tomorrorw Morning, and wanted to check in to see if it was okay to leave park property to extend my ride there. Thanks!
Rock N' Rolla

Postby c0nsumer » June 9th, 2013, 7:26 pm

Rock N' Rolla wrote:I havent been to Bloomer since Last November.After reviewing the latest edition of the trail map, and Glancing at the thread here, am i to assume that the trail leaving park property at marker 19 to the left of the bridge( if you come in from CRT) is an unoffical designated trail part of the Bloomer trail? An, is ok to ride?I've been avoiding this section for the last two seasons, being under the impression that it was private property and a bandit rail.As bandit trails should be avoided.. like not riding aound mud puddles, but through them on the trail.I am plannihg to ride out there tomorrorw Morning, and wanted to check in to see if it was okay to leave park property to extend my ride there. Thanks!

That piece of property is owned by the City of Rochester, and I believe overseen by the parks department. It is NOT part of Bloomer.

That said, (my opinion ahead, backed up by law, see here) if it is not signed no trespassing (or telling you to stay out), fenced, or closed off then you are completely within your rights to go and ride there so long as you don't make any modifications to the land.

EDIT: Sorry, I misread here. The stuff north of #19 is Letica Corporation property, not City of Rochester stuff. The land with trails to the southeast of #19 and east of #18 is mostly City of Rochester.
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby jalopy jockey » June 9th, 2013, 7:33 pm

bh357 wrote:Oh, and they now want $60 for a non-resident annual pass :(

Nope a Bloomer/Yates anual card is $30 for resident and non resident alike and is valid on multiple vehicles. A Rochester Hills parks sticker is $30 resident/$60 non resident and also allows access to Spencer park which is our beach.

Bloomer cannot charge a higher rate for non residents as it a condition fo sale from the state.

http://rochesterhills.org/index.aspx?NID=453
I guess I'm lacking mental clarity because I don't smoke pot. " - Di Bear
jalopy jockey

Postby barroo » June 9th, 2013, 8:05 pm

Bloomer is in great shape.
"I leave the symbols to the symbol minded" - George Carlin
barroo

Postby jackrenter » June 20th, 2013, 2:11 am

from the storm a few days ago, theres a few downed trees on the upper hill trail.

warning to stay off the smaller unmarked trails to the west of the park. they're all overgrown, which isnt too bad. but apparently they are overgrown with posion ivy. had it all over my shins and left arm.

"Oh, and they now want $60 for a non-resident annual pass :("

yeah thats silly. thats why you just park at the parking lot where east 2nd street turns into letica drive. then you just ride the railroad grade east into the park. theres a nice little parktools work station there as well.
jackrenter

Postby CraveSingletrack » June 20th, 2013, 7:13 am

Sucks about the poison ivy, how was the rest of the trail?
I'm a racerboy.
CraveSingletrack

Postby PK » June 20th, 2013, 7:41 pm

Real nice tonight.
Just a couple of damp corners. Not really any greasy spots to speak of.
Pete.
PK

Postby Steve_Kinley » June 21st, 2013, 6:36 am

The stuff north of #19 is Letica Corporation property, not City of Rochester stuff. The land with trails to the southeast of #19 and east of #18 is mostly City of Rochester.

What about to the W/SW of 18/19? The normal flow includes trails in this area that are not on the map. Who owns that property?
Hammer Nutrition Endurance Fuels and Supplements
Save 15% off your first order by clicking the link below!
http://www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/34155
http://www.miscabike.org
Steve_Kinley

Postby c0nsumer » June 21st, 2013, 7:22 am

Steve_Kinley wrote:
The stuff north of #19 is Letica Corporation property, not City of Rochester stuff. The land with trails to the southeast of #19 and east of #18 is mostly City of Rochester.

What about to the W/SW of 18/19? The normal flow includes trails in this area that are not on the map. Who owns that property?

City of Rochester, for the most part. I've established this via tax records. While it's not on the map, I feel that one is completely within their legal right to go there and ride the trails so long as one doesn't build more and modify things.

From what I've been told the City of Rochester management folks are completely aware that trails exist back there and they allow them to exist, so riding them is fine. I'll probably be out there this evening myself.
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby mrbikester » June 21st, 2013, 6:53 pm

Rita and I rode the Bloomer trails for first time this year today. Had the Tailwind race course map and tried to ride the right trails. A couple trees down on upper ridge trail. Very large one at end where hairpin turn is. Trails on the flats near the river in great shape. Really enjoyed a lot of the newer tails out there. Great job by the people who have worked hard there. Thank You.
mrbikester

Postby Kirby » June 24th, 2013, 9:42 pm

There are a total of 4 trees down on the course. Several big ones that will require a chainsaw. I ride the trail all the time so I can volunteer to help :)
2011 Specialized S-Works Stumpjumper HT
2013 Salsa El Mariachi Single Speed - Limited Edition
2013 Salsa Vaya 2
2014 Specialized Crux Expert
Kirby

Postby CraveSingletrack » June 27th, 2013, 9:12 am

Did a lap this morning to check it out. It's pretty greasy... The majority was hard so no pizza cutters for the most part, but I'm wondering what conditions will be like for the race this weekend.
I'm a racerboy.
CraveSingletrack

Postby jalopy jockey » June 27th, 2013, 10:52 am

kyleRIG29er wrote:Did a lap this morning to check it out. It's pretty greasy... The majority was hard so no pizza cutters for the most part, but I'm wondering what conditions will be like for the race this weekend.

Musta dried overnight during the rain cause the wife and I aborted out ride last night.
I guess I'm lacking mental clarity because I don't smoke pot. " - Di Bear
jalopy jockey

Postby CraveSingletrack » June 27th, 2013, 11:06 am

Definitely wasn't dry. But probably going to be worse when the race takes off on Sunday...
I'm a racerboy.
CraveSingletrack

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments