For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro North: Addison Oaks

Postby masenyk » July 1st, 2009, 2:10 pm

I had 7 hr's of work time I hope you all enjoy the trail
masenyk

Postby jalopy jockey » July 1st, 2009, 3:26 pm

masenyk wrote:I had 7 hr's of work time I hope you all enjoy the trail

Wow were all still awake. 7 hrs work on the trail, home for lunch, just taking a quick break from caulking some 2nd story windows before the wife and kids get home then see ya at stony if the weather holds
jalopy jockey

Postby chris_werth » July 1st, 2009, 9:10 pm

Guys and Gal, thank you for all the work you put in today. I have your names and have you all down for the trail hours you put in.

Again, thank you !!!

Chris
chris_werth

Postby Steve_Kinley » July 3rd, 2009, 3:34 pm

Nice job on the trimming. But now double trouble is only trouble; the right side was not cleared. :)

I rode the trail today and there are a few puddles and greasy spots but not bad. They have the entrance to the trail by the bike path and bridge blocked for the fireworks so you have to start off the winter trail head or the conference center drive.
Hammer Nutrition Endurance Fuels and Supplements
Save 15% off your first order by clicking the link below!
http://www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/34155
http://www.miscabike.org
Steve_Kinley

Postby bh357 » July 3rd, 2009, 3:56 pm

I echo Steve's comments regarding the condition. Watch for a few horse bombs on the 2-track near Lk. George road. Nice job trimming guys :)

Steve, what time were you out there? I was out there from ~12:30 to 1:45.
bh357

Postby Steve_Kinley » July 3rd, 2009, 4:43 pm

I was there from about 2:30 to 3:15. I was was part of my LOHS, BM N&S and Addison loop today.
Steve_Kinley

Postby kcnado » July 8th, 2009, 11:50 am

Thanks to whomever cleared the face-slappers!

The trail could actually use a day of rain to pack down a few sandy spots at the corners. But otherwise, trail is in good condition.

The re-route (new this year to avoid the pavement crossing) is actually a good idea. I was able to see a few people walking their dog coming down the re-route and not startle them as I may have in the past.
kcnado

Postby utabintarbo » July 9th, 2009, 9:14 am

kcnado wrote:The trail could actually use a day of rain to pack down a few sandy spots at the corners. But otherwise, trail is in good condition.

The sand is there for a bit of variety. :P

Actually, the quantity of actual sand on this trail is minimal vis-a-vis most trails in Michigan. I don't find it to be a problem at all. Of course, this difference in perception (both for sand and mud) may be due to the fact that you are small (and therefore float over both), and I am huge (and therefore dig through to the bottom of both).

In any case, as of Wednesday afternoon, the track was very fast (not that you could prove it by me) and only marred by the occasional vine waiting to smack you in the teefus as you pass at high speed.
utabintarbo

Postby utabintarbo » July 12th, 2009, 12:48 pm

Rode this trail both Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. From a mud perspective, it is exponentially better today than yesterday. Amazingly, from a face-slapper perspective, it is exponentially worse. Wear glasses. :P

There are still a few small water puddles and a couple of slick spots, likely gone by tomorrow. There is also a 6+ foot tall thistle on the left side of the 2-track along Lk. George.
utabintarbo

Postby Steve_Kinley » July 12th, 2009, 3:06 pm

Same here, a lot drier in just one day. Bald Mountain North was the same way, a lot of the water gone overnight.
Steve_Kinley

Postby utabintarbo » July 17th, 2009, 9:30 pm

Trail was moist and very fast. Fair amount of overgrowth on the walled downhill just before the *beep* rock.

We really need some signage at the top of the initial hill. Helped a couple of guys get sorted up there.
utabintarbo

Postby fizgig » July 18th, 2009, 10:42 pm

we were there around 7, maybe we saw you, my wife (black marlin) and myself (blue shirt, silver cobia) and two other guys, one on a red and yellow schwin hard tail, the other on a red gary fisher sugar in an orange shirt
fizgig

Postby utabintarbo » July 19th, 2009, 12:05 am

fizgig wrote:we were there around 7, maybe we saw you, my wife (black marlin) and myself (blue shirt, silver cobia) and two other guys, one on a red and yellow schwin hard tail, the other on a red gary fisher sugar in an orange shirt

Yes. I was the huge guy on the fluorescent phlegm-green Vassago that asked if you guys were lost/OK. Obviously, you made it back to civilization. :)
utabintarbo

Postby darkstar » July 20th, 2009, 2:11 pm

TC - fantastic. Get out and ride it. Maybe mistaken but one of the downhills that rips between trees "V" looks like it had some roots taken out. Very fast ...
darkstar

Metro North: Addison Oaks

Postby Trance » July 21st, 2009, 1:04 pm

Is there a way into Addison Oaks from Lake George Rd? I want to ride Bald Mtn North to Lake George Rd, then hook up w/ the Addison trails. I drove it, saw a fence, just curious if anyone knows of a way in from there??
Trance

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions