Wednesday Night Stony Ride

Announcements for group rides

Re: Wednesday Night Stony Ride

Postby Di_bear » January 25th, 2012, 11:18 am

i69whitey wrote:out with the gurgling lungs syndrome
besides I gotta work on my new pump track ride

You're not coming to the expo diseased are you? ;-)
Di 2.0: Image
MCMBA Vice Chairperson
Team Tree Farm

"He's like kryptonite to aluminum." - dirt
"There is a fine line between fearless and *beep* stupid." - Jerry68's wife
Di_bear

Postby i69whitey » January 25th, 2012, 11:41 am

Di_bear wrote:
i69whitey wrote:out with the gurgling lungs syndrome
besides I gotta work on my new pump track ride

You're not coming to the expo diseased are you? ;-)

I believe the saying is "I'm not sick, but I'm not well"
"...So whether you have got 29-, 26- or 20-inch wheels, whether you ride XC or DH, whether you've got boobs or balls, i hear you. Let's go ride." - Rachel Atherton
"Ride your bike, sleep when your dead." - dirt
http://thehubofdetroit.org/
i69whitey

Postby jer091 » January 25th, 2012, 1:53 pm

Thinking I'm going to make it tonight
jer091

Postby utabintarbo » January 25th, 2012, 2:02 pm

Judging from the one Trail Conditions update done today, and the fact that it really isn't getting above freezing out there, I'm feeling fairly confident that Stony will be in pretty good shape this evening. Fortunately, the Pines is first on the agenda, so we will test that theory pretty quickly. If the Pines is OK, I can't see the rest being that bad.
Addison Oaks TC

Current quiver

Impulse control fails me. ;)
utabintarbo

Postby utabintarbo » January 26th, 2012, 7:29 am

Well, the Pines wasn't muddy - it was icy. :P We bailed after that and did a short road route. Thanks to those who showed (including the new guy, Eric)! :D
Addison Oaks TC

Current quiver

utabintarbo

Postby Meeson01 » January 26th, 2012, 1:50 pm

utabintarbo wrote:Well, the Pines wasn't muddy - it was icy. :P We bailed after that and did a short road route. Thanks to those who showed (including the new guy, Eric)! :D

Thanks for the shout out, haha! I had a good time, minus the frozen feet... Thinking about heading out this afternoon/evening as well if the weather holds and I may take the day off tom. to ride as well. If anyone is interested in riding tonight or tom. day let me know. I was thinking probably river bend or just another road ride if the trails are still icy (bruised hip and confidence from last night).
Meeson01

Postby utabintarbo » February 1st, 2012, 9:23 am

Considering the likely muddy condition of the trails, we might want to look at a few alternatives....

The usual fallback is a MOT ride, though we can look at the CRT (likely also muddy) or dirt roads north of Stony (possibly also messy). Any others?
Addison Oaks TC

Current quiver

utabintarbo

Postby Wolverine » February 1st, 2012, 9:54 am

cabin fever = bad
riding = good

must. get. outside. Image

(How do we not have that smilie in the list??)
Angie
Wolverine

Postby jalopy jockey » February 1st, 2012, 9:57 am

utabintarbo wrote:Considering the likely muddy condition of the trails, we might want to look at a few alternatives....

The usual fallback is a MOT ride, though we can look at the CRT (likely also muddy) or dirt roads north of Stony (possibly also messy). Any others?

CRT is usually only muddy in tehcrished limestone sectionof Rochester proper. west of Livernois is recycled blacktop and mud free.

Other choices are Paint creek trail - nice and soupy

Stony Bikini loop. just fine and same as MOT

so you have 3 coices
bikini loop
MOT
MUD MUD MUD
I guess I'm lacking mental clarity because I don't smoke pot. " - Di Bear
jalopy jockey

Postby nailgunn » February 1st, 2012, 9:59 am

utabintarbo wrote:Considering the likely muddy condition of the trails, we might want to look at a few alternatives....

Metro Parkway run to the Lake
2010 Niner Rip 9 Rip 9 Gallery

2012 Saddle Miles 210.33 mi

Is it fast? ....It has 10 speeds my friend
Ride in Peace ..Out
nailgunn

Postby Wolverine » February 1st, 2012, 10:03 am

Bikini loop is only 5 miles and I swear there's a cold headwind the entire loop no matter which way you go. I vote for MOT. Not that my vote should count for much since I've been MIA.
Last edited by Wolverine on February 1st, 2012, 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Angie
Wolverine

Postby c0nsumer » February 1st, 2012, 10:03 am

nailgunn wrote:

Metro Parkway run to the Lake

MOT'll be nicer this time of year. Less traffic, and it won't pass through the low laying places where large puddles collect.

I may be up for a brisk ride from Onyx out to the Romeo bridge (or maybe the train trestle) and back.
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby jalopy jockey » February 1st, 2012, 10:40 am

Wolverine wrote:Bikini loop is only 5 miles and I swear there's a cold headwind the entire loop no matter which way you go. I vote for MOT. Not that my vote should count for much since I've been MIA.

It's 6 miles and if you deviate and do the nature center road and golf course road and some other parking areas it can be much longer. Yes multiple laps are usually required done, the choices are short with elevation changes vs long, straight, and flat sometimes witha serious wind.

The last couple times I have done the MOT I was flying on my way out to Romeo and suffered on the way back.

I do agree with steve on the less puddles on teh MOT though.
I guess I'm lacking mental clarity because I don't smoke pot. " - Di Bear
jalopy jockey

Postby nailgunn » February 1st, 2012, 10:48 am

Wolverine wrote:Bikini loop is only 5 miles and I swear there's a cold headwind the entire loop no matter which way you go. I vote for MOT. Not that my vote should count for much since I've been MIA.

LMAO I have been the MIA poster child for the last 6 months. I am suprised I did not find my bike pic on a milk carton

Sounds like MOT is the polpular selection so far.... I was just thinking of myself and hoping I could ride instead of driving to the meeting location..oh well :wink:

I will let your guys decide on the turn point.

I am in for Onyx / MOT -> Romeo. Same Meeting time ? 6:30
2010 Niner Rip 9 Rip 9 Gallery

2012 Saddle Miles 210.33 mi

Is it fast? ....It has 10 speeds my friend
Ride in Peace ..Out
nailgunn

Postby c0nsumer » February 1st, 2012, 11:09 am

nailgunn wrote:

LMAO I have been the MIA poster child for the last 6 months. I am suprised I did not find my bike pic on a milk carton

Sounds like MOT is the polpular selection so far.... I was just thinking of myself and hoping I could ride instead of driving to the meeting location..oh well :wink:

I will let your guys decide on the turn point.

I am in for Onyx / MOT -> Romeo. Same Meeting time ? 6:30

Meet at 6:30, roll at 6:45. Paved ride, lights required, turn-around point TBD, but probably the bridge over M-53.
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

PreviousNext

Return to Ride Announcements