Addison Oaks Trail Day 4/27/13

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

Addison Oaks Trail Day 4/27/13

Postby utabintarbo » April 10th, 2013, 12:02 pm

A Trail Day will be held on Saturday, April 27, 2012 at Addison Oaks County Park by the Clinton River Area Mountain Biking Association. Rain date will be the following Sunday, April 28.

A bypass of the Addison Connector is planned, as well as construction/installation of a new kiosk and general start-of-season trail clearing (depending on available manpower).

Participants should assemble at 9 AM at the Concession Stand, and sign safety waivers and get work assignments. Participants should bring sturdy shoes, water to drink, and be prepared for trail clearing (nipping and pruning brush) and benching work.

We are confirming free entry to the parking lot that day. Stay tuned.

If you have questions, please post up.

Thanks,

Bob Costello
Co-TC, CRAMBA Addison Oaks
utabintarbo

Re: Addison Oaks Trail Day 4/27/13

Postby c0nsumer » April 15th, 2013, 12:36 pm

Approval has been granted by OCPR for the trail reroute! You can see the proposal here.

This means that the trail day will be for both building the kiosk, building this new piece of trail, and clearing the existing trail as needed.
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby thrdgeek » April 22nd, 2013, 11:30 am

I'm available to help out
thrdgeek

Postby utabintarbo » April 22nd, 2013, 1:04 pm

thrdgeek wrote:I'm available to help out

:icon_thumleft:

See you Saturday!
utabintarbo

Postby thrdgeek » April 22nd, 2013, 1:08 pm

What should I bring?

Will there be electricity for a compressor? I have a framing nailer to help build the kiosk. I also have garden tools I can bring.
thrdgeek

Postby Sortaslow » April 22nd, 2013, 1:28 pm

thrdgeek wrote:What should I bring?

Will there be electricity for a compressor? I have a framing nailer to help build the kiosk. I also have garden tools I can bring.

Pm utabintarbo if you don't get a response.
Sortaslow

Postby c0nsumer » April 26th, 2013, 8:40 am

Just a reminder that CRAMBA-IMBA is having a trail day tomorrow (April 27th) at Addison Oaks. Lots of people are needed for this work, so please come on out and help us get a kiosk installed and build a new trail bypass!

Meet inside the park at 9am at the concession building, and at the guard shack let them know you are there to do volunteer work on the trails and they should let you in without a pass.
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby PK » April 27th, 2013, 3:50 pm

Thanks to all who spent a great for riding, working instead on the trails....

No new Kiosk photos here....That's another story.....

Pete
PK

Postby utabintarbo » April 27th, 2013, 5:31 pm

Thanks to all who showed up and helped: Pete, Mark, Jamie, Mike F. Randy, Jeremy, Norbert, Mike C. and Wendi), and Travis (who hauled many, many loads of gravel in my rickety old wheelbarrow), and Dan, who brought us breakfast pizzas (we really like him ;) ). We got a lot done today!

The new bypass is not yet open, as there is a tree to be removed, and a bit more gravel to be added. As it is generally still pretty wet out there, I would wait until next weekend (at least) to ride out there anyway. I will see about getting it opened by then, provided we get no more appreciable rain.
utabintarbo

Return to Volunteers Needed