Northeast: Pine Haven

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Northeast: Pine Haven

Postby shoffman » January 27th, 2013, 8:44 pm

I'd suggest contacting Jeff Adamcik.
shoffman
 
Posts: 293
Joined: January 18th, 2006, 9:50 pm
Location: Midland

Re: Northeast: Pine Haven

Postby SolarKitty » April 9th, 2013, 3:29 pm

Alas, about 85% of the single track was dry and rideable (and the other 15% isolated and avoidable by just turning left and picking up the trail were it cross the E route ) two days ago...with this batch of rain it will be July before it dries out. Please stay off. The double track was still soft for even foot traffic and it will be a mess now.
SolarKitty
 
Posts: 63
Joined: June 5th, 2012, 6:06 pm

Re: Northeast: Pine Haven

Postby Zoo1424 » April 9th, 2013, 5:01 pm

Thanks for the update!
09 Specialized Epic Expert Carbon
14 Specialized Crave SL
14 Salsa Beargrease
User avatar
Zoo1424
 
Posts: 177
Joined: April 1st, 2011, 6:28 pm
Location: Bay City

Re: Northeast: Pine Haven

Postby jfactor! » April 11th, 2013, 9:19 am

SolarKitty wrote:Alas, about 85% of the single track was dry and rideable (and the other 15% isolated and avoidable by just turning left and picking up the trail were it cross the E route ) two days ago...with this batch of rain it will be July before it dries out. Please stay off. The double track was still soft for even foot traffic and it will be a mess now.

Went riding elsewhere on Sunday because we figured Pine Haven would be a soupy mess.
User avatar
jfactor!
 
Posts: 1192
Joined: April 3rd, 2012, 10:06 am
Location: Coleman

Re: Northeast: Pine Haven

Postby shoffman » April 11th, 2013, 1:34 pm

jfactor! wrote:
SolarKitty wrote:Alas, about 85% of the single track was dry and rideable (and the other 15% isolated and avoidable by just turning left and picking up the trail were it cross the E route ) two days ago...with this batch of rain it will be July before it dries out. Please stay off. The double track was still soft for even foot traffic and it will be a mess now.

Went riding elsewhere on Sunday because we figured Pine Haven would be a soupy mess.


Good call - Pine Haven typically is the last of the local trails to dry out.... I always figure it's best to stay away until Memorial Day...
shoffman
 
Posts: 293
Joined: January 18th, 2006, 9:50 pm
Location: Midland

Re: Northeast: Pine Haven

Postby SolarKitty » April 16th, 2013, 6:43 pm

The amount of single track underwater is amazing. Spent 30 minutes clearing debris, much more to go. Lots of spoke breakers on the trail.
SolarKitty
 
Posts: 63
Joined: June 5th, 2012, 6:06 pm

Re: Northeast: Pine Haven

Postby jfactor! » April 18th, 2013, 1:53 pm

Should be great kayaking for the next few days....
User avatar
jfactor!
 
Posts: 1192
Joined: April 3rd, 2012, 10:06 am
Location: Coleman

Re: Northeast: Pine Haven

Postby SolarKitty » April 18th, 2013, 3:54 pm

Great idea...should be quite the flow :lol:
SolarKitty
 
Posts: 63
Joined: June 5th, 2012, 6:06 pm

Re: Northeast: Pine Haven

Postby SolarKitty » April 29th, 2013, 8:23 am

Pine Haven is not rideable. Significant water and erosion damage.
SolarKitty
 
Posts: 63
Joined: June 5th, 2012, 6:06 pm

Re: Northeast: Pine Haven

Postby SolarKitty » July 16th, 2013, 8:20 am

Pine haven is dry and the Girl Scout bridge repaired - thank you to whomever braved the mosquitoes to shore it up.
Although the single is very dry and rideable, the gravel double track is washed out on the hills so apply caution when flying down as there are deep channels that will swallow you whole. Also on the backside trails there are still trees down so expect a couple new bypasses, debris, a hike a bike and ducking. There are new erosion spots that will catch you by surprise so ride under control on the backside until you've idenfied the new gotchas. The horses have left plenty of hoof prints in the clay to spice up the climbs. But overall plenty of fun riding available.

Bring the bug spray if you plan to stop.
SolarKitty
 
Posts: 63
Joined: June 5th, 2012, 6:06 pm

Re: Northeast: Pine Haven

Postby ChrisInYpsi » August 5th, 2013, 11:19 am

I'll be in Saginaw for an upcoming weekend and should have time to ride a trail on Sat morning. From a quick look at the Trail Guide it'll probably be either Pine Haven or Midland City Forest. If I can do only 1 Saginaw area trail which should I choose?
ChrisInYpsi
 
Posts: 313
Joined: June 12th, 2011, 9:33 pm

Re: Northeast: Pine Haven

Postby SolarKitty » September 11th, 2013, 7:49 pm

The county has done significant maintenance on the two track. The single track is dry. As good as it gets.
SolarKitty
 
Posts: 63
Joined: June 5th, 2012, 6:06 pm

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Feedfetcher and 2 guests

cron