Rolling Hills Trail Work Day, Sat., 4/6, 9AM to 1PM

Want to help? This is the where requests for volunteers are posted, including trail work days, mountain kids events, and more

Rolling Hills Trail Work Day, Sat., 4/6, 9AM to 1PM

Postby michael48197 » April 1st, 2013, 8:16 am

RHP TRAIL WORK DAY, Saturday, April 6, 9 AM - 1 PM

As has been noted in the RHP forum, the winter has not been kind to out there. There are at least four large trees that have been "topped" by the winter weather. However, nearly all of the obstructing branches are smaller than 4". In most places, it is possible to walk or ride around the debris. However, we need to clear the overhanging branches as soon as possible so the ride-around doesn't become "standard" route.

Please come out and meet in the trail head parking lot at 9 AM. The Saturday weather forecast as of Monday AM looks quite good. Please bring hand saws - especially if you have one that can be screwed on to a tool handle extension - as well as loppers and a leaf rake or two. Also, anyone QUALIFIED through MMBA, IMBA and/or the DNR can bring a chain saw, but only qualified operators. Depending on the crew size and tools available, we will likely break into 2-3 parties to work on clearing the larger deadfall and the new face slappers in different areas of RHP as noted in the RHP forum.

Please let me know if you can come out. If I get a head count, I'll arrange some coffee and eats for the cool morning start.
Michael Connolly
RHP Trail Coordinator
michael48197

Re: Rolling Hills Trail Work Day, Sat., 4/6, 9AM to 1PM

Postby parttime » April 1st, 2013, 1:58 pm

I cannot make it, I will be out of town.
parttime

Return to Volunteers Needed