New MMBA Trail Guide!

Official news and announcements about MMBA happenings

Re: New MMBA Trail Guide!

Postby mmba7614 » March 6th, 2013, 10:19 pm

dennismurphy wrote:Fantastic job- I can't tell you how many times I've had to drive to another part of the state for some function or for work and wanted to go ride after the activity- but not knowing the area well, didn't know the trails in that region- this is such a huge help to that kind search- just look at the map to the area you're going to be - and the trails are there!!

Agreed. Awesome work!
***If*** I was going to suggest anything, it would be a label update, like instead of all blue bike logos, there was an indication as to which ones were technical, with black logos, and which ones for us racerboys, with green logos.
Sorry. Couldn't help.

GREAT JOB.
mmba7614

Postby Critter7r » March 7th, 2013, 7:56 am

When i click on any of the links, I just get a screen that says "LOADING RESOURCES..." and never changes. I'm running Windows 7 Professional with the latest java and Adobe over a T1 line. Am I missing something?
Critter7r

Postby c0nsumer » March 7th, 2013, 7:58 am

Critter7r wrote:When i click on any of the links, I just get a screen that says "LOADING RESOURCES..." and never changes. I'm running Windows 7 Professional with the latest java and Adobe over a T1 line. Am I missing something?

What browser are you using? Also, do you have JavaScript disabled?
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby Critter7r » March 7th, 2013, 8:20 am

Using IE9 and Scripting is enabled.
Critter7r

Postby c0nsumer » March 7th, 2013, 8:46 am

Critter7r wrote:Using IE9 and Scripting is enabled.

Hmm. This was well-tested with IE9. Can you try a different browser on the same machine?

Also, try resetting your IE settings to defaults, in particular the zones. Maybe you've got the internet zone settings changed?

Are you running any sort of ad blocker, or script blocking stuff? What AV are you using?

First big key is probably trying a wholly different browser on the same machine, such as Firefox.

The site is a PHP file that runs some JavaScript and loads stuff from the server. If the JS is not running for some reason you'll get stuck at a screen that says LOADING RESOURCES...
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby c0nsumer » March 7th, 2013, 9:24 am

UselessPickles just sent me a change that will notify you if JS isn't enabled/working. Maybe that'll help you figure out what's up with your browser.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby Critter7r » March 7th, 2013, 10:14 am

Works with Firefox.
Critter7r

Postby c0nsumer » March 7th, 2013, 10:16 am

Critter7r wrote:Works with Firefox.

You'll need to figure out why JS isn't running from that site in IE then.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby utabintarbo » March 7th, 2013, 10:23 am

c0nsumer wrote:
Critter7r wrote:Works with Firefox.

You'll need to figure out why JS isn't running from that site in IE then.

Or just abandon IE in favor of Firefox. :)
utabintarbo

Postby UselessPickles » March 7th, 2013, 12:15 pm

I vote for Google Chrome :)

BTW - The latest version of the Trail guide will now clearly inform you if you have JavaScript disabled. If you still see the "LOADING RESOURCES" message forever, then something else is wrong. I don't know much about how any of the ad/script blocker plugins work, so it's possible that you could have script enabled at the browser level, but still get stuck on "LOADING RESOURCES" due to some script-disabling plugin.

Also check for anything in the toolbar or status bar (on the bottom of the window) of the browser that indicates that there's an error on the page. Since several other people have used IE9 without any problems, I highly doubt it's an error on the page, but most likely a browser setting or plugin causing the problem.
UselessPickles

Postby c0nsumer » March 7th, 2013, 12:20 pm

UselessPickles wrote:Also check for anything in the toolbar or status bar (on the bottom of the window) of the browser that indicates that there's an error on the page. Since several other people have used IE9 without any problems, I highly doubt it's an error on the page, but most likely a browser setting or plugin causing the problem.

By default I believe the status bar has to be turned on in IE9. This is via View -> Toolbars -> Status bar. This can give you a bunch of clues as to what's going wrong.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby Critter7r » March 7th, 2013, 2:36 pm

The websites I have to use for work, won't work with Google Chrome, so that's a no-go.

I'll just use Firfox to view it. No biggie. I'm sure it's the AV software areound here that's causing the conflict.
Critter7r

Postby Zoo1424 » March 7th, 2013, 9:33 pm

Thank you guys! This is great & I really appreciate your work on this.
Zoo1424

Postby Critter7r » March 7th, 2013, 9:34 pm

If there's a place to offer suggestions, the trail for Holdridge East doesn't show up.
Critter7r

Postby c0nsumer » March 7th, 2013, 9:38 pm

Critter7r wrote:If there's a place to offer suggestions, the trail for Holdridge East doesn't show up.

Are you meaning Gruber's Grinder, the east loop of Holdridge?
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

c0nsumer
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to MMBA News