Hopefully, the MTB community won't get burnt out with another announcement, but there will be another trail day at Rolling Hills Park in Ypsilanti on Saturday 11/10 from 9 AM to 2 PM to complete work - hopefully - on the Munger woods loop.
With another small, hard working crew of 5, we were able to do ~0.25 miles of trail during the last work day in late October to complete the rough cut of the wooded section and through the Munger Mounds area. With luck and some sweat, we can complete this loop to open up another 0.5 miles of single track in time for the Black Friday Ride on 11/23 (10 AM).
The work plan for Saturday will be:
- Macloed and Pulaski work to clear roots and stumps on the the Munger woods loop which was rough cut in Oct
- bench cut the entrance and exit area of two larger mounds
- bench cut the small mounds next to the two old track after the end of the E-W fence on the Munger loop to make them rideable
- mowing of the grass/goldenrod in the meadows sections of the Munger woods loop
- if time and crew size allow, repair an off-camber turn back at Mile 1.3
Please come out to help and expand our popular and fun trail. Meet at the trailhead parking lot at 8:45-9 AM. I recommend wearing long pants and long sleeves for branches and thorns and sturdy shoes considering the terrain and trail tools. Bring lopers, pruners, Pulaski's and Macleod's if you have them. Tell the gate keeper at RHP (if there is one) that you are entering the park for MTB trail work and they should let you in free of charge.
Please let me know as soon as possible if you are able to attend. If I get enough positive responses in advance, I'll provide some coffee/snacks to start the day and food and "refreshments" afterwards. Look to this forum and/or the Poto Yahoo Group if there is a weather delay/cancellation.