CRAMBA: Ortonville

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Holly/Flint: Ortonville

Postby Jayers » August 15th, 2011, 8:37 am

Yes, according to the maps, It was called "Bloomer Campground." We did a big loop. Nice trail, reminiscient of Bald Mountain. What other areas are bikable? We orienteered the horse trails north of Fox Lake Rd, but are those off limits to bikes? Several parts looked challenging, even to horses.
Jayers

Postby bikesatori » August 15th, 2011, 11:10 am

yeah the equestrian trails are unfortunately off limits to bikes.

And yep, this particular loop is also called Bloomer, #3 if I can remember off the top of my head.
I likey da' bikey.
bikesatori

Postby Shortyy » August 2nd, 2012, 12:51 pm

Road Bloomer #3 this past weekend. Trail is in pretty decent condition. There are a few trees down, one that required a dismount and carry around. I'm not sure exactly where this was at on the trail. I know there is no active maintenance going on, but I was surprised it wasnt more overgrown. The fields were a little long, but you could for sure still tell where the trail was and there is a stretch where it appears some thorny bushes have gotten a little out of control. Also it appears that there have been some horses out there as there were fresh hoof prints.

I know its a short trail, but its something different, I might try and hit it a little more often.
Shortyy

Postby Rock N' Rolla » August 9th, 2012, 8:38 pm

hey, I live in Oxford, PM me if you dont mind a ride-a-long, I 'd like to explore this. Apparently it has fallen out of our hands for a few years now and horses have over run it aswell. I poked around on the forum a year or so ago about this trail and the feedback i got kinda gave me the impression to not bother and just keep driven through to Holdrige.
Rock N' Rolla

Re: CRAMBA: Ortonville

Postby Skyt » August 13th, 2013, 9:12 pm

Rode Bloomer #3 today. Hope this is the correct forum for an update. With the exception of quite a few sticks and debris in a few locations, the trail is rideable. With a little work to improve the sandy portions at the bottoms of the hills, this trail could be top notch. The descents are awesome. A trail leading east over to Big Fish Lake would be a great improvement.
Skyt

Re: CRAMBA: Ortonville

Postby Jim O » August 14th, 2013, 6:42 am

It is the correct forum but Ortonville State Rec and Bloomer #3 is not maintained by any volunteers for mountain biking. State employees only clear the trails. Ortonville has a very active horse riding group.
MLB
Mama's L'il Brat
Jim O

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments