The Milford Trail Challenge 2012: A Mountain Biking Epic

For discussing Motor City Mountain Biking Association topics.

Re: The Milford Trail Challenge 2012: A Mountain Biking Epic

Postby Loren » June 3rd, 2012, 8:07 am

Thanks to everyone who came out to enjoy the perfect weather and great trails at the Milford Challenge yesterday! Hope that everyone had the opportunity to discover (or rediscover) how fortunate we are to have so many trails just a bike ride away.

A huge thanks to Bill Hermann for organizing this event each year, to Mike Flack for the T-Shirts, to Dave Cox for the maps and graphics, to the registration volunteers, and last but not least our Trail Coordinators for all the hours they invested polishing the trails for this weekend.

See you next year!
Loren

Postby topher » June 3rd, 2012, 8:59 am

Sure glad the weatherman was wrong yesterday! Thanks to everyone who put this together! It was my first time out on Milford, Proud Lake, and Hickory Glen and really enjoyed all the trails. I met Bill in the parking lot and he said some of the hills were pretty steep in Proud Lake on Loops 3 & 4 and he was definitely right. Will be back again to hit those trails.
topher

Postby sally_2000 » June 3rd, 2012, 2:54 pm

topher wrote:Sure glad the weatherman was wrong yesterday! Thanks to everyone who put this together! It was my first time out on Milford, Proud Lake, and Hickory Glen and really enjoyed all the trails. I met Bill in the parking lot and he said some of the hills were pretty steep in Proud Lake on Loops 3 & 4 and he was definitely right. Will be back again to hit those trails.

O fer sure, Proud Lake is a real gem . Even though some trails are both bike&horse..they were not noticable bumpy. And yes Loop 3 was the killer ..does make ya want to go back & try that section again & again. Finally found & rode all 4 loops with gettin lost a litte..but real nice day and and thanks for all the work on The Milford Challenge MCMBA !
sally_2000

Postby Di_bear » June 4th, 2012, 8:27 am

Did the fun parts of Highland, ;-) and loop E (Milford). I *really* enjoyed Milford. I think that trail is an awesome opportunity for a beginner who wants to work on technical riding. Nothing is really that difficult there, but it was quite fun and packed full of enjoyable little surprises that, I think, keeps even the advanced rider happy.
Di 2.0: Image
MCMBA Vice Chairperson
Team Tree Farm

"He's like kryptonite to aluminum." - dirt
"There is a fine line between fearless and *beep* stupid." - Jerry68's wife
Di_bear

Previous

Return to MCMBA