Southwest: T.K. Lawless

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Southwest: T.K. Lawless

Postby Craig Morris » March 17th, 2011, 7:56 am

Ditto on the Winona Lake trail. It's a fun trail. Check out the NIMBA site and their Facebook page for current updates. Good luck.

NIMBA:
http://www.nimba-bike.org/

Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=353741202571&v=wall
Ride more, think less. ~ Jeffro (CX Czar)
Craig Morris

Postby sbss29 » March 28th, 2011, 10:11 pm

We had a trail work day at TK on Sunday and we opened the trail. We also did a reroute at mile 7 that creatively dealt with an erosion problem. Have fun this season.
sbss29

Postby AaronEvan » August 3rd, 2011, 9:15 am

Can anyone tell me about this trail? Is it well marked? Is it heavy duty? I'm going to be in Union, Mi next week and thinking about bringing my ride. I'm coming from Royal Oak Mi. If anyone is familiar, I ride Pontiac Lake, Addison Oaks, Island Lake, Proud Lake pretty regularly. Any input is appreciated

Thanks!
AaronEvan

Postby chris f. » August 3rd, 2011, 9:20 am

I rode it last summer. It's fun. It reminds me of loop 1 at Proud Lake. At some point, I think mile 5 or 6, you come to a fork in the road. A sign points right to the parking lot. You want to go left in order to finish the trail. I mistakenly went right and wound up, yes, in the parking lot. As such I never got a chance to finish the last mile or so. You'll have to let me know what that's like.

Have fun.
chris f.

Postby AaronEvan » August 5th, 2011, 8:56 am

Thanks! Looking forward to it!
AaronEvan

Postby brokenbones » August 7th, 2011, 7:45 pm

@ Aaron: I just got back from a SW Michigan trip that included a few hours at T.K. Lawless yesterday. I try to hit that trail at least once or twice a summer. It's a really fun trail with some good flow and lots of tricky switchbacks. Watch out for those because they sneek up on you at the bottom of many downhills. There are some good climbs too to give you a little cardio. Make sure you take the left option at mile 6, because the last 4 miles are some of the best. If you can handle PLRA and Addison you'll feel right at home here.

Oh, and to get this back on topic, the trail was in very good shape. The surrounding area has evidence of lots of tree damage, so there must have been some recent heavy weather roll thru. There were no trees down on the trail, so someone in the area has been taking good care of it. Thanks.
'Bones
brokenbones

Postby AaronEvan » August 15th, 2011, 10:30 am

So I was able to hit T.K. about three times last week. What a fun trail. It was a only about 20 min from where I was staying. Highly recomend it to anyone who gets out that way

To second Brokenbones, the trail was in good shape. Thanks!
AaronEvan

Postby Travis F » April 28th, 2012, 2:31 pm

Took a trip over to Lawless yesterday from Battle Creek. It was my first time riding this trail. Well worth the drive. I was riding with someone that ended up having some health issues about 5 miles into the ride. We finished the ride but had to take it very slow. Still, trail condition and layout was fantastic! It definitely deserves another ride when I can get over there by myself. It seems like it could be a fairly fast trail.

Take care,
Travis
Travis F

Postby tg_1234 » July 4th, 2012, 11:05 am

Rode yesterday. Trail was in great shape. Thanks to NIMBA for the new signage.
tg_1234

Postby tg_1234 » August 1st, 2012, 10:18 am

Big tree is down at the yellow mile marker 1 sign. Another smaller tree is down after the 6 mile sign (about 1/2 mile in)
tg_1234

Postby CTB » May 24th, 2014, 9:22 am

Hello. It seems like there is very little activity here about this trail. Is the trail currently open? I'm thinking of taking a day trip across the state and would like to ride if I could. Thanks.
CTB

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments