Poto: Sanford Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Postby grnd93 » August 14th, 2008, 4:49 pm

I was going to go out there today, glad I didn't now.
grnd93

Re: Poto: Sanford Park

Postby aspen » April 27th, 2009, 12:19 pm

Is this trail being actively developed? I live in Milan and wouldn't mind helping if needed? Please let me know. Thanks.
aspen

Postby grnd93 » April 27th, 2009, 5:14 pm

Last I heard it was pretty much abandoned. If anyone knows otherwise, let me know.
grnd93

Postby aspen » April 27th, 2009, 5:21 pm

Okay thanks for the update. Just getting back into riding and out on the trails and while checking out the website I seen it listed under the Trail guide section. Thanks again!
aspen

Postby chris.overbeek » May 5th, 2009, 10:14 am

I also live in Milan and would be willing to try to help, as I am just getting into biking and would love something close to home. Perhaps those of us in town could get our hands on the information about the prior trail map, and we could redevelop it on our own, coordinating through this forum to allow the MMBA to take it back once we have it in shape?

How many people would we need to give it a spruce-up?
chris.overbeek

Postby coleholley » June 18th, 2009, 10:42 pm

I live near milan too and would be willing to help out on some jumps.
coleholley

Postby Josh » August 30th, 2011, 3:37 pm

Any news on this park? Wondering if it is really there. I have seen that no one has posted in about 2 to 3 years. Doesn't even have a website. If anyone is out there, I'd be willing to start working on this park again. Sounds like it was awesome not to long ago. If no one is in charge of this park, I'd like to take responsibility and rebuild. Contact me anytime with any news. Thanks you.

Josh.
Josh

Postby parttime » August 31st, 2011, 12:17 pm

Josh wrote:Any news on this park? Wondering if it is really there. I have seen that no one has posted in about 2 to 3 years. Doesn't even have a website. If anyone is out there, I'd be willing to start working on this park again. Sounds like it was awesome not to long ago. If no one is in charge of this park, I'd like to take responsibility and rebuild. Contact me anytime with any news. Thanks you.

Josh.

I was thinking the same thing recently, and was told that it is open to whoever wants to work there. I walked some of the trail that I could find this spring, but we had so much rain that some of the area was underwater. Some of the stuff in the woods should be easier to re-establish than the trails running through the field areas.

I haven't had any time to work there yet, my spare time has been used up at Hewen's Creek, but I would like to work there. Feel free to lead the charge and let me know when you'll be there, I'll show up if available. I'll PM you my number.

Patrick
parttime

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments