Safari Top Hits Issue

Where to report web site problems, make suggestions, and ask questions

Safari Top Hits Issue

Postby balexander87 » May 30th, 2013, 8:01 pm

Just curious if anyone else has experienced this problem and found a fix.

I use Safari on Mac. There is a "nice feature" called Top Hits which is supposed to help autocomplete url's based on your history and bookmarks.

I am on mmba.org/forum much more than I am on the main site at mmba.org. In fact, mmba.org is nowhere in my history or bookmarks, and yet, when I type "mm" into the url bar, the "Top Hit" is mmba.org not mmba.org/forum. I even bookmarked the forum to try and override it to no avail.

Any suggestions? See pic below to see what I'm talking about. On my wor... er, other computer, I use chrome, and I can type "mm+enter" and it takes me straight to the forum. Super convenient.

balexander87

Re: Safari Top Hits Issue

Postby c0nsumer » May 30th, 2013, 8:06 pm

Create a bookmark for the site and click that instead? Use a different browser?

(Diaper swapping?!?)
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
Bald Mountain Trail Coordinator / Addison Oaks Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby balexander87 » May 31st, 2013, 7:22 am

Yeah. I guess I'll just have to do something like that. I really like navigating via the keyboard as much as possible, but I'll live. I have Chrome installed also, but have preferred Safari thus far. Guess I might need to reevaluate.

Haha... yeah. Diaper swapping. Shared computer with the wife. We use cloth diapers for our daughter, and my wife has found some great deals on well-cared for used diapers. Even made some money flipping some. I think someone said it before, but if you can think of it (or even if you can't think of it...) there is probably a forum for it...
balexander87

Postby utabintarbo » May 31st, 2013, 11:56 am

balexander87 wrote:... I think someone said it before, but if you can think of it (or even if you can't think of it...) there is probably a forum for it...

I think that aphorism refers to *beep* rather than forums, but I guess both are true. :P
utabintarbo

Return to Web Site Issues