Safari Top Hits Issue

Where to report web site problems, make suggestions, and ask questions

Safari Top Hits Issue

Postby balexander87 » May 30th, 2013, 8:01 pm

Just curious if anyone else has experienced this problem and found a fix.

I use Safari on Mac. There is a "nice feature" called Top Hits which is supposed to help autocomplete url's based on your history and bookmarks.

I am on mmba.org/forum much more than I am on the main site at mmba.org. In fact, mmba.org is nowhere in my history or bookmarks, and yet, when I type "mm" into the url bar, the "Top Hit" is mmba.org not mmba.org/forum. I even bookmarked the forum to try and override it to no avail.

Any suggestions? See pic below to see what I'm talking about. On my wor... er, other computer, I use chrome, and I can type "mm+enter" and it takes me straight to the forum. Super convenient.

balexander87

Re: Safari Top Hits Issue

Postby c0nsumer » May 30th, 2013, 8:06 pm

Create a bookmark for the site and click that instead? Use a different browser?

(Diaper swapping?!?)
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby balexander87 » May 31st, 2013, 7:22 am

Yeah. I guess I'll just have to do something like that. I really like navigating via the keyboard as much as possible, but I'll live. I have Chrome installed also, but have preferred Safari thus far. Guess I might need to reevaluate.

Haha... yeah. Diaper swapping. Shared computer with the wife. We use cloth diapers for our daughter, and my wife has found some great deals on well-cared for used diapers. Even made some money flipping some. I think someone said it before, but if you can think of it (or even if you can't think of it...) there is probably a forum for it...
balexander87

Postby utabintarbo » May 31st, 2013, 11:56 am

balexander87 wrote:... I think someone said it before, but if you can think of it (or even if you can't think of it...) there is probably a forum for it...

I think that aphorism refers to *beep* rather than forums, but I guess both are true. :P
utabintarbo

Return to Web Site Issues