Wednesday Night Stony Ride

Announcements for group rides

Re: Wednesday Night Stony Ride

Postby Sortaslow » May 1st, 2013, 8:56 am

chanvre wrote:
RMXByker wrote:Planning on attending...trying to decide if I should single speed it or not. See you guys there.

Ill be on my ss holding up the rear.

Bob does that for us.
Sortaslow

Postby utabintarbo » May 1st, 2013, 9:15 am

Sortaslow wrote:
chanvre wrote:
RMXByker wrote:Planning on attending...trying to decide if I should single speed it or not. See you guys there.

Ill be on my ss holding up the rear.

Bob does that for us.

Depends on whose it is. :twisted:
utabintarbo

Postby jalopy jockey » May 1st, 2013, 10:41 am

If I show up I'l be bringing up the rear tonight. One kid has baseball and the other wants to ride, so I'd just time it and do a lap of the pines with you all. He is fast for 9 but not quite fast enough to hang with Bob yet.
I guess I'm lacking mental clarity because I don't smoke pot. " - Di Bear
jalopy jockey

Postby i69whitey » May 1st, 2013, 10:55 am

jalopy jockey wrote:If I show up I'l be bringing up the rear tonight. One kid has baseball and the other wants to ride, so I'd just time it and do a lap of the pines with you all. He is fast for 9 but not quite fast enough to hang with Bob yet.

Just do yer best to keep up while ya still can, dad.
"...So whether you have got 29-, 26- or 20-inch wheels, whether you ride XC or DH, whether you've got boobs or balls, i hear you. Let's go ride." - Rachel Atherton
"Ride your bike, sleep when your dead." - dirt
http://thehubofdetroit.org/
i69whitey

Postby utabintarbo » May 1st, 2013, 8:57 pm

With the excellent weather tonight, we had a good showing! Thanks to all that came out! :D
utabintarbo

Postby c0nsumer » May 1st, 2013, 9:47 pm

utabintarbo wrote:With the excellent weather tonight, we had a good showing! Thanks to all that came out! :D

Trails were in great shape. It was really nice to be on the group ride again.
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby Thumbs » May 2nd, 2013, 7:18 am

I dont know if it was you guys we ran in with near the end of the Back Nine or not, but whoever it was, that was fun! Yes, we slowed them down, but hey, it's our first time through there and only my third time on a 29er... LOL. Also, who the *beep* was behind me commenting on "a pretty bridge" as i was bouncing my bike from root to root going down a fast hill.... Hahahaha! I'm holding on trying to see what's ahead of me and I got an ear full of the pretty surroundings. omg!

Anyway, if it was you guys, nice meeting you briefly. In time, hopefully we get to learn the trails well enough to keep up with you. Also, there's a lot of technique we still need to learn as well. Like how NOT to struggle up a climb...

Oh, P.S. I thought the trails where in great shape too, but I nearly tucked the front 3-4 times going thru the pines.... :roll:
2013 Specialized Carve Comp - Green
Experience Level: (Novice)__ (Intermediate)_X_ (Advanced)__ (Ninja)__
Thumbs

Postby c0nsumer » May 2nd, 2013, 7:26 am

Thumbs wrote:I dont know if it was you guys we ran in with near the end of the Back Nine or not, but whoever it was, that was fun! Yes, we slowed them down, but hey, it's our first time through there and only my third time on a 29er... LOL. Also, who the *beep* was behind me commenting on "a pretty bridge" as i was bouncing my bike from root to root going down a fast hill.... Hahahaha! I'm holding on trying to see what's ahead of me and I got an ear full of the pretty surroundings. omg!

Anyway, if it was you guys, nice meeting you briefly. In time, hopefully we get to learn the trails well enough to keep up with you. Also, there's a lot of technique we still need to learn as well. Like how NOT to struggle up a climb...

Oh, P.S. I thought the trails where in great shape too, but I nearly tucked the front 3-4 times going thru the pines.... :roll:

Ha, sorry... That was me... and I said "beautiful RIDGE" if I remember right. That last part of the Back Nine along the ridge there (right after the quick down and up) is one of my favorite pieces of trail in Stony Creek.

Nice to meet you as well!

Oh, also, come on out to the next group ride! It's a no-drop ride and while some of us will ride fast through sections we all wait up then regroup at the end of each so no one is left behind. It's a ride for everyone, and having ridden behind you for a bit you'll fit in quite fine. :)
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby Thumbs » May 2nd, 2013, 7:40 am

LMAO. I was like, why is this dude talking about a bridge......? And how does he have time to bird watch going down this hill.....?

No problem at all, I knew someone was behind me. And I agree that bit was awesome! Fast and bumpy, I just didnt know what was coming... Excuses are great! And I am still learning how to breathe correctly. I sound like an 80 year old with asthma out there!

We are going to try and meet up with you all next week (or the next Wed with good weather). About what time do you typically make it to the two-track off of Sheldon Road? I assume that's where you enter, around #4 or #5?
2013 Specialized Carve Comp - Green
Experience Level: (Novice)__ (Intermediate)_X_ (Advanced)__ (Ninja)__
Thumbs

Postby chanvre » May 2nd, 2013, 7:43 am

Next week ill have my mtb and not my ss cx and will be able to keep up on the descents. I end up getting split from the group and lost. Ha
chanvre

Postby c0nsumer » May 2nd, 2013, 8:44 am

Thumbs wrote:LMAO. I was like, why is this dude talking about a bridge......? And how does he have time to bird watch going down this hill.....?

No problem at all, I knew someone was behind me. And I agree that bit was awesome! Fast and bumpy, I just didnt know what was coming... Excuses are great! And I am still learning how to breathe correctly. I sound like an 80 year old with asthma out there!

We are going to try and meet up with you all next week (or the next Wed with good weather). About what time do you typically make it to the two-track off of Sheldon Road? I assume that's where you enter, around #4 or #5?

I ride there a lot so I'm really comfortable there. ;)

We usually are just inside the fence at #5 at right around 6:50-55pm or so. We try to roll out of the HS parking lot at 6:45pm sharp, and it's 1.5 miles-ish up the road... I think it's pretty amusing that most people parked at the HS have park passes, we just opt to start from there because for many of us it's a much more convenient location than driving all the way into the park then around to the MTB lot.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby dirt » May 2nd, 2013, 9:02 am

c0nsumer wrote:
Thumbs wrote:LMAO. I was like, why is this dude talking about a bridge......? And how does he have time to bird watch going down this hill.....?

I ride there a lot so I'm really comfortable there. ;)

We usually are just inside the fence at #5 at right around 6:50-55pm or so. We try to roll out of the HS parking lot at 6:45pm sharp, and it's 1.5 miles-ish up the road... I think it's pretty amusing that most people parked at the HS have park passes, we just opt to start from there because for many of us it's a much more convenient location than driving all the way into the park then around to the MTB lot.

The original reason for starting the ride @ the SCHS parking lot is that when we started the ride, they were repaving the stretch of park road along where the trail head is, and the trail head was inaccessible. So, we decided to start the rides at SCHS, and just never had reason to change it.
Nick Shue
Big Ring Coffee MTB
The content of my posts are not the opinions of CRAMBA/IMBA, and should not be construed as such

I...completely...agree........with Nick. -Di_bear
I have problems with flakiness.. -Di_Bear
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain.. and most fools do.
dirt
Administrator

Postby c0nsumer » May 2nd, 2013, 9:21 am

dirt wrote:
c0nsumer wrote:[...] I think it's pretty amusing that most people parked at the HS have park passes, we just opt to start from there because for many of us it's a much more convenient location than driving all the way into the park then around to the MTB lot.

The original reason for starting the ride @ the SCHS parking lot is that when we started the ride, they were repaving the stretch of park road along where the trail head is, and the trail head was inaccessible. So, we decided to start the rides at SCHS, and just never had reason to change it.

Thanks! I didn't know that. I agree; no reason to change it. It's a good year-round parking spot, and for those driving from the west side it's much faster to get there than it is to drive into the park.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby jcrazyjj » May 2nd, 2013, 9:40 am

utabintarbo wrote:Here. :D

Don't you just love Google Maps?

Most days, I love working at a bike shop and then there are days like yesterday where I wish I had a normal 9-5 kinda thing so I could go on group rides like this. I went on 1, then got a new job and haven't been able to join another since. I passed the group as they were all exiting onto Sheldon Rd. and it made me reminisce of the good ole days.
jcrazyjj

Postby dirt » May 2nd, 2013, 9:50 am

c0nsumer wrote:
dirt wrote:
c0nsumer wrote:[...] I think it's pretty amusing that most people parked at the HS have park passes, we just opt to start from there because for many of us it's a much more convenient location than driving all the way into the park then around to the MTB lot.

Thanks! I didn't know that. I agree; no reason to change it. It's a good year-round parking spot, and for those driving from the west side it's much faster to get there than it is to drive into the park.

Glad to know you support our 9 year old decision. :wink: :lol:
Nick Shue
Big Ring Coffee MTB
The content of my posts are not the opinions of CRAMBA/IMBA, and should not be construed as such

I...completely...agree........with Nick. -Di_bear
I have problems with flakiness.. -Di_Bear
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain.. and most fools do.
dirt
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Ride Announcements