Wednesday Night Stony Ride

Announcements for group rides

Re: Wednesday Night Stony Ride

Postby Di_bear » March 13th, 2012, 8:49 pm

Mack wrote:
Di_bear wrote:Nick, I'm eating things I don't normally eat, like chocolate cake. Also, I am often unable to spoil myself because I don't have the luxury of a nice tax refund.

Mack--not sure. Still have to go find a good bottle. I just washed my new towels, hung the new shower curtain, and now it's time to go buy that bookcase and possibly a movie.


A bottle of cab, chocolate cake and some p0rn a great night indeed. :D


I ended up spending more time driving up and down Hall Rd than I intended. Came home with two bottles: Castle Rock's Zinfandel from Mendocino County (CR is a reliably good brand, especially for the price) and Hook & Ladder's The Tillerman from Sonoma County's Russian River Valley (never had this wine before, but I've *loved* many Russian River Valley wines). It was difficult finding this wine amidst the plethora Napa wines. I got a little excited when I finally saw the words, "Russian River Valley."

Didn't get home until 9, so I'm foregoing the wine until Thursday or Friday. No cake for me today. Going with French bread instead. :-D
_____

I'm up for an alternative ride tomorrow. :-)
Di 2.0: Image
MCMBA Vice Chairperson
Team Tree Farm

"He's like kryptonite to aluminum." - dirt
"There is a fine line between fearless and *beep* stupid." - Jerry68's wife
User avatar
Di_bear
 
Posts: 8452
Joined: September 4th, 2006, 10:09 am
Location: Wixom

Re: Wednesday Night Stony Ride

Postby Mack » March 13th, 2012, 10:39 pm

Di_bear wrote:
Mack wrote:
Di_bear wrote:Nick, I'm eating things I don't normally eat, like chocolate cake. Also, I am often unable to spoil myself because I don't have the luxury of a nice tax refund.

Mack--not sure. Still have to go find a good bottle. I just washed my new towels, hung the new shower curtain, and now it's time to go buy that bookcase and possibly a movie.


A bottle of cab, chocolate cake and some p0rn a great night indeed. :D


I ended up spending more time driving up and down Hall Rd than I intended. Came home with two bottles: Castle Rock's Zinfandel from Mendocino County (CR is a reliably good brand, especially for the price) and Hook & Ladder's The Tillerman from Sonoma County's Russian River Valley (never had this wine before, but I've *loved* many Russian River Valley wines). It was difficult finding this wine amidst the plethora Napa wines. I got a little excited when I finally saw the words, "Russian River Valley."

Didn't get home until 9, so I'm foregoing the wine until Thursday or Friday. No cake for me today. Going with French bread instead. :-D
_____

I'm up for an alternative ride tomorrow. :-)


PM me some time and I'll tell you about any number of Zins better then CR. Granted alot of their wines
are great values for the price, IMO Zin is not on of their stand outs. Now their Mendocino PInot is a steal.
Let me know what you think about the H & L "The Tillerman". Hook & Ladder is the old De Loach Vineyards before they went BK. Hence the name Hook & Ladder (Cecil De Loach) is a retired fireman. De Loach used to make some
awesome ZIns: Papera Ranch, Barberi Ranch, Pelletti Ranch, Gambogi Ranch and lets not forget the O.F.S all of
them Russian River Zins. Mmmm..
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
User avatar
Mack
 
Posts: 1572
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 11:05 am
Location: 42° 34' 49' N ~ 83° 1' 49' W Weekends 44° 46' 57' N ~ 85° 1' 14' W

Re: Wednesday Night Stony Ride

Postby Di_bear » March 14th, 2012, 6:29 am

Mack wrote:PM me some time and I'll tell you about any number of Zins better then CR. Granted alot of their wines
are great values for the price, IMO Zin is not on of their stand outs. Now their Mendocino PInot is a steal.


I was pretty happy with their Petite Syrah. :-) I bought the Zin for the value though. H&L was my splurge. :-)

Mack wrote:Let me know what you think about the H & L "The Tillerman". Hook & Ladder is the old De Loach Vineyards before they went BK. Hence the name Hook & Ladder (Cecil De Loach) is a retired fireman. De Loach used to make some
awesome ZIns: Papera Ranch, Barberi Ranch, Pelletti Ranch, Gambogi Ranch and lets not forget the O.F.S all of
them Russian River Zins. Mmmm..


Happy surprise! I've loved the DeLoach wines I've bought! I'm really looking forward to the Hook & Ladder now. :-)
Di 2.0: Image
MCMBA Vice Chairperson
Team Tree Farm

"He's like kryptonite to aluminum." - dirt
"There is a fine line between fearless and *beep* stupid." - Jerry68's wife
User avatar
Di_bear
 
Posts: 8452
Joined: September 4th, 2006, 10:09 am
Location: Wixom

Re: Wednesday Night Stony Ride

Postby Wolverine » March 14th, 2012, 8:20 am

This wine club has a serious biking problem.
Angie
User avatar
Wolverine
 
Posts: 665
Joined: June 20th, 2002, 8:00 pm

Re: Wednesday Night Stony Ride

Postby c0nsumer » March 14th, 2012, 9:14 am

Any thoughts on tonight's ride? Anyone checked out the conditions at Stony?
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
User avatar
c0nsumer
 
Posts: 11550
Joined: May 18th, 2008, 11:35 am
Location: Shelby Township, MI

Re: Wednesday Night Stony Ride

Postby jalopy jockey » March 14th, 2012, 9:35 am

c0nsumer wrote:Any thoughts on tonight's ride? Anyone checked out the conditions at Stony?


Lights are charging. Haven't been to Stony since Saturday the connector form the top of the golf course climb to Mt Sheldon was marginal.
I guess I'm lacking mental clarity because I don't smoke pot. " - Di Bear
User avatar
jalopy jockey
 
Posts: 2586
Joined: April 10th, 2007, 1:38 pm
Location: Rochester Hills

Re: Wednesday Night Stony Ride

Postby wingzz » March 14th, 2012, 10:41 am

c0nsumer wrote:Any thoughts on tonight's ride? Anyone checked out the conditions at Stony?


Everything but the pines is all good, the pines still has a few spots that need to dry out
There are only two ways to live your life
One is as if nothing is a miracle
The other is as if everything is

MMBA Membership Director
Stony Creek TC
User avatar
wingzz
 
Posts: 7359
Joined: July 1st, 2002, 12:24 pm
Location: "The reward is looking back at obstacles , that are now behind you, and feeling like anything's

Re: Wednesday Night Stony Ride

Postby c0nsumer » March 14th, 2012, 10:53 am

wingzz wrote:
c0nsumer wrote:Any thoughts on tonight's ride? Anyone checked out the conditions at Stony?


Everything but the pines is all good, the pines still has a few spots that need to dry out


Sounds like it's on then, eh?

I also wonder if these spots will dry sufficiently during the day. It's nice and sunny and warm out right now.
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
User avatar
c0nsumer
 
Posts: 11550
Joined: May 18th, 2008, 11:35 am
Location: Shelby Township, MI

Re: Wednesday Night Stony Ride

Postby utabintarbo » March 14th, 2012, 11:02 am

wingzz wrote:
c0nsumer wrote:Any thoughts on tonight's ride? Anyone checked out the conditions at Stony?


Everything but the pines is all good, the pines still has a few spots that need to dry out


Mike, would you consider the Pines to be an "avoid", or merely "expect a dirty bike"? :D
Addison Oaks TC

Current quiver

Impulse control fails me. ;)
User avatar
utabintarbo
 
Posts: 6207
Joined: June 21st, 2007, 12:29 pm

Re: Wednesday Night Stony Ride

Postby dirt » March 14th, 2012, 11:26 am

Hmm... do I put another set of wheels on the titus for tonight (haven't setup the tubeless wheelset yet) or do I ride SS.

Decisions decisions..

Speaking of which.... the real decision is...

Sherwood or Mills?
Nick Shue

The content of my posts are not the opinions of CRAMBA/IMBA, and should not be construed as such

I...completely...agree........with Nick. -Di_bear
I have problems with flakiness.. -Di_Bear
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain.. and most fools do.
User avatar
dirt
 
Posts: 7363
Joined: May 20th, 2003, 11:44 am
Location: Mount Clemens

Re: Wednesday Night Stony Ride

Postby c0nsumer » March 14th, 2012, 11:41 am

dirt wrote:Hmm... do I put another set of wheels on the titus for tonight (haven't setup the tubeless wheelset yet) or do I ride SS.

Decisions decisions..

Speaking of which.... the real decision is...

Sherwood or Mills?


Mukluk and Club BFD.
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
User avatar
c0nsumer
 
Posts: 11550
Joined: May 18th, 2008, 11:35 am
Location: Shelby Township, MI

Re: Wednesday Night Stony Ride

Postby dirt » March 14th, 2012, 12:04 pm

c0nsumer wrote:
dirt wrote:Hmm... do I put another set of wheels on the titus for tonight (haven't setup the tubeless wheelset yet) or do I ride SS.

Decisions decisions..

Speaking of which.... the real decision is...

Sherwood or Mills?


Mukluk and Club BFD.


In case people don't realize this, Steve is obviously the type of person that picks answer C to questions that present choices of A or B.
Nick Shue

The content of my posts are not the opinions of CRAMBA/IMBA, and should not be construed as such

I...completely...agree........with Nick. -Di_bear
I have problems with flakiness.. -Di_Bear
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain.. and most fools do.
User avatar
dirt
 
Posts: 7363
Joined: May 20th, 2003, 11:44 am
Location: Mount Clemens

Re: Wednesday Night Stony Ride

Postby RMXByker » March 14th, 2012, 12:07 pm

dirt wrote:
c0nsumer wrote:
dirt wrote:Hmm... do I put another set of wheels on the titus for tonight (haven't setup the tubeless wheelset yet) or do I ride SS.

Decisions decisions..

Speaking of which.... the real decision is...

Sherwood or Mills?


Mukluk and Club BFD.


In case people don't realize this, Steve is obviously the type of person that picks answer C to questions that present choices of A or B.


I'm just surprised he didn't go with solution S or T...
http://www.BoughnerRacing.com

Stable
2011 Salsa Vaya (Cross/Road)
2015 Specialized Fatboy Expert (Fatty)
User avatar
RMXByker
 
Posts: 1603
Joined: July 27th, 2009, 2:38 pm
Location: Lake Orion, MI

Re: Wednesday Night Stony Ride

Postby c0nsumer » March 14th, 2012, 12:27 pm

dirt wrote:
c0nsumer wrote:
dirt wrote:Hmm... do I put another set of wheels on the titus for tonight (haven't setup the tubeless wheelset yet) or do I ride SS.

Decisions decisions..

Speaking of which.... the real decision is...

Sherwood or Mills?


Mukluk and Club BFD.


In case people don't realize this, Steve is obviously the type of person that picks answer C to questions that present choices of A or B.


Sometimes, yes. ;)

More realistically here, I'd say Mills just for something a bit different. And for you? SS since I don't think you've had it out on trails in a while.
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
User avatar
c0nsumer
 
Posts: 11550
Joined: May 18th, 2008, 11:35 am
Location: Shelby Township, MI

Re: Wednesday Night Stony Ride

Postby jalopy jockey » March 14th, 2012, 1:13 pm

SS and Mills without question.
I guess I'm lacking mental clarity because I don't smoke pot. " - Di Bear
User avatar
jalopy jockey
 
Posts: 2586
Joined: April 10th, 2007, 1:38 pm
Location: Rochester Hills

PreviousNext

Return to Ride Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron